Family, friends remember Tim Hague

RIP Tim.

RIP buddy

RIP Tim

Strykr619 - I am saddened by his passing but at the same time furious at the fact that he was allowed to fight considering his string of KO losses (both in boxing and MMA) since 2015....

This needs to be investigated.

This.  I hope that Tim's life is a spark for change not just in Edmonton but across all commissions and with all promoters.  

I feel so fucking bad for his son, RIP Tim

RIP Tim. Amazing win over pat Barry, i would like to remember him that way. True fighter 

RIP th

Toki Wartooth -
Strykr619 - I am saddened by his passing but at the same time furious at the fact that he was allowed to fight considering his string of KO losses (both in boxing and MMA) since 2015....

This.  I hope that Tim's life is a spark for change not just in Edmonton but across all commissions and with all promoters.  

RIP Tim Hague. Not trying to turn this sour, but....

Why the fuck is no one is going after the corner? Fuck the athletic commission, his corner are the ones at fault.

TommyRSU -
Toki Wartooth -

RIP Tim Hague. Not trying to turn this sour, but....

Why the fuck is no one is going after the corner? Fuck the athletic commission, his corner are the ones at fault.

I'm sorry but you're wrong and by this statement it is clear you've never worked a corner. While the corner has the ability to throw in the towel they are not the safety valve in this process. In sequence:

1. The promoter should not have accepted Tim's offer to take the short notice fight. However they may not have known the concussion history. 

2. The commission should have never approved the match. They knew Tim's concussion history and the only reason commissions exist is to ensure fighter safety. 

3. The ref could have stopped the fight - it was a clear mismatch however the ref could have given a UFC vet the opportunity he wouldn't have given someone else. 

4. The corner. There is no specific training fo corners in Alberta so they may not have known. 

It it is terrible and tragic this happened but we need to stay focused on what failed here and not just point fingers. 

Worked plenty of corners in boxing, kickboxing, and MMA including fighters good enough to be on TUF. You can kick rocks with your assumption. Just because I don't look at it the way you do means I'm 100% wrong? Give me a fucking break dude.

Sure commissions exist to protect fighters but it's obvious they don't. To think otherwise shows your ignorance, not mine. Dont 12 boxers still die every year? if so that's averaging 1 a month, and that's still fucked. Should the commission have licensed him? Of course not. Are they to blame? Yes. Are commissions stopping deaths? That answer is clear.

This has everything to do with how his corner failed him because your number #1 job is to protect the fighter. Did he hire random cornermen because he's fighting across the world or was he in his home country? Even then, 3/4 knockdowns (1 called a slip)? You have to know a dude to stop a fight? It's the refs responsibility to stop the fight but not the corner? Refs are educated? That's a fucking joke.

If I'm not mistaken, you are a pro fighter/former fighter and IMO most fighters see it the way you do. It's why you should never be in the corner of anyone and I feel bad for anyone who is. My best friend is a fighter and he doesn't know when fights should be stopped. Sounds like you don't either.

I just find this funny because you throw shit my way, a guy who is a former Roufusport Affiliate Owner who cut ties the DAY after the publishing of what happened with Scott Cushman and the death of Dennis Munson Jr. I suggest reading that story and the aftermath - you might learn something.

The corner. It's on the corner. Don't corner anyone until you figure that out.

---

Rip

RIP

Edmonton bans combat sports for a year while investigating Tim Hague's death. 

RIP Tim.

Edmonton officials have imposed a one-year ban on combat sports in the city.

The city council passed a new bylaw that will stop the Edmonton Combative Sports Commission from issuing new licenses or event permits until Dec. 31, 2018 “or until Council provides further direction,” per a news release issued Friday. The provision will go into effect Saturday.

The decision comes in the wake of an independent investigation into the death of former UFC fighter Tim Hague following a June boxing match in Edmonton. Per the release, the temporary suspension of combat sports in the city came after an on-camera update to councillors on the status of the third-party probe.

The city council also motioned that the report on Hague’s death will be presented to Hague’s family, the council and released to the public (following a city review) no later than Dec. 14.

“We anticipate the release of the report into the tragic death of Mr. Hague and a continued conversation about the proper role of the municipality in the field of combative sports,” said Rob Smyth, Edmonton’s deputy city manager of citizen services.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/8/16754548/edmonton-city-council-imposes-one-year-ban-on-combat-sports-following-tim-hague-death

And now an independent report by the city of Edmonton reveals the commission fucked up. Shocking. Fuck the commission, and even more, fuck his coaches. Unreal.