Fans booing stoppage/Not Frank Mir

I think the stoppage was totally warranted.

The ref stopped the Sak/Renzo fight when he saw how bad Renzo's elbow was, so why not this??

There is no way Tim could have used his right hand, which is his biggest weapon.

How could he have won the fight if it had continued?

The fight was rightly stopped IMHO!

sam pai kenpo...no...i wasnt talking about steroids for this fight....i meant that he used steroids before and this time...heroin(as a joke),cause you gotta feel something,tough guy or not,....his f'n arm snapped!!!!
i just about puked....
for him to show no pain,and want to continue,like nothing happened....having alot of heart is one thing,but continuing on like that....no way...(as jimmy hendrix plays softly in the backround)

boo to you, gary, for booing at an event and giving support to that kind of thing that the damn rednecks here do

"Props to Frank. I gave him absolutely zero chance of winning this fight. He better work his cardio hard before facing Arlovski."

orcus is correct. I still don't know how he won.

I want to apologize to Mir and to the Ref because I was in the stands "Booing" and in hindsight see that I was wrong.

Reason for "Booing" was:
(1) Could not tell that Sylvia's arm was broken.
(2) Sylvia said he was O.K.; he looked O.K.; and I believed him.
(3) I Believe it is fighter's right to choose whether or not to submit.

But obviously, the Ref and Mir were closer to the action and could see the extent of the damage, which I could not see from the stands.

So again, my apologies to the Ref & to Mir.

pigpen is correct. I got caught up in the moment.

I really thought it was a horrible stoppage, but I was really wrong.

It didn't even cross my mind until later, that Mir would think the crowd was booing him. At least Frank got the victory and the belt, the referee is the one that really had a bad night. I think Mir will have many more wins in the UFC and he is under rated.

I'll think twice before I boo someone again.

Gary Hughes, ex-redneck

ttt

Mir will not beat Arlovski.

Met Frank Mir at the after party. Very nice guy, so relaxed... good luck on his next fight.

Darthmaul...After seeing what he did to Sylvia, I am now picking Mir.

I was impressed with how relaxed Mir was before the fight. I remember he was very relaxed before his second fight with Sims also.

Gary Hughes