Fantasy Football Rule change, was this fair?

Ok, so a little background. I have been in a FFL at my gym for 4 years now. First two years only the Super Bowl winner got the money. I know cause I took second the first year. The third year we all agreed to change it so third place gets their money back, second took 30% of the pot and first got 70%. Now this year, the fourth year we all once again put our money in with the agreement being the same as last year.

Now AFTER we put money in (and it was clearly after because in a thread on our message board he clearly states Now that the funds are collected, I propose....), someone proposed that we take $25 from our pot to go to the high scorer for each week. A few people, possibly a majority agreed to it. I did not. Now, that the season is over, the ruling by the comish is that we are doing the weekly payout that was agreed to since he was present at the gym when a majority of the people from the league voted the new payout system in, which I had no knowledge of some official vote.

My argument is that when we ALL put our money in the pot originally, we ALL agreed to last years pay out by doing so. So if there are to be any changes to payouts, then we should ALL have to agree to it. The original pay out wasnt decided by majority vote, so a new one shouldn't be either.

What say you OG?

Also, just to be clear. I wasn't the only person who thought we were still using the original payout. It seems only the people who were part of the vote at the gym knew about it.

Nope. Once the season started and all the money has been collected nothing should ever change. Phone Post 3.0

MillhouseMMA - Nope. Once the season started and all the money has been collected nothing should ever change. Phone Post 3.0
This

Can't change the rules once payment is made or after the draft.

Exception can be made if you have 100% agreement, written/posted on the public chat room to verify each vote. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think it should be changed, or your money should be reimbursed if you disagree.

that's also the stupidest shit i've ever heard in my life, "point leader for a week gets $25".

So if you lucked out one week and had a guy or 2 who had rediculous games then you get some money?

These guys probably each won a week or 2 in terms of points, but have no chance of winning the league.

shaqitup -

I don't think it should be changed, or your money should be reimbursed if you disagree.

that's also the stupidest shit i've ever heard in my life, "point leader for a week gets $25".

So if you lucked out one week and had a guy or 2 who had rediculous games then you get some money?

These guys probably each won a week or 2 in terms of points, but have no chance of winning the league.

This is why you only put money in with a trust worthy, experienced league manager.

Any LM worth his salt would never pull this sort of thing out of integrity. But if the guy has the money and is changing the rules you're in a tough spot. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with you guys. We didnt have this issue the previous years, just this one. When I brought it up to the commish at first, he said we raised the fee to make up for the weekly payout. When I brought up the post that said "Now that fees have been collected, I propose..." meaning that if we knew what the fees were to be used for, then why would someone make a proposal to do the same thing. The commish then said he was present at a vote at the gym with a majority of the players, so that's what he is sticking with.

I don't think it's fair but not much I can do about it now. I asked the question, Since I distinctly said I dont want to participate in the weekly payout when it was proposed, what should have happened to my $100 that I already paid? Do i get it back and they find someone to take the team I drafted? Or do I just lose it, since I wasn't at the official vote at the gym that was never announced? Dont have an answer to that yet.