Fantasy Playoffs Thread

Here we go for the playoffs. Games start Thursday.

I'm the #3 seed. I have a decent matchup, but my RB situation is so sketchy. Would ANY of you play Chris Johnson anymore? He has been utter shit the last few weeks, but they are playing the Colts who can't stop the run, and if Manning plays like he's been playing there should be extra possessions.

QB: Schaub (vs. Baltimore), Freeman (vs. Redskins), Fitzpatrick (vs. Cleveland) Not sure how I feel about Schaub vs. the Ravens, so maybe I go Freeman this week?

RB: Chris Johnson (COME ON FUCKER GET SOME RUSHING GOING!), Fred Jackson (vs. Cleveland), BGJE (vs. Bears). Leaning towards BGJE since it seems the Patriots can do whatever they want, Jackson is usually a good dual threat but the Browns havent allowed many rushing TDs this year.

WRs I don't have many other options to use. I roll with Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Stevie Johnson. The only others I could swap in are Kenny Britt (if he's even full strength yet) and Derek Hagan.

Go

my choices for the playoffs are:

big ben or kyle orton

adrian peterson, brandon jacobs, chris ivory, ryan torrain, beanie wells, justin forset.......pick 3 (2rb + a wr/rb flex)

larry fitzgerald, pierre garcon, randy moss, davonne bess (pick 2)

vernon davis as my te

josh brown as my K

giants or chiefs defense (on waivers i put in to get denver playing arizona while dropping kc who is playing san diego. giants play minny. i'm nervous to use the giants d this week plus i have peterson )

edited to say Josh Brown, not Kris Brown lol

Tough calls for you. Rothelisberger looks great and Orton had a bad week, but you can't get much of an easier matchup than the Cardinals. Maybe Orton on that one.

I don't know if I'd count on Chris Ivory since Thomas is coming back. Don't know if I'd put any stock into Moss either.

VD is my tight end also, I hope he blows up again.

Ivory has been a fucking td scoring beast, even when Pierre comes back I can't imagine them just benching Ivory the way he has played (plus he is going to be taking Pierre's job next season as Pierre will be a free agent.

I would use Fred Jackson over BJG if I were you. You never know if the Pats are gonna throw the ball 50 times plus now you got Woodhead stealing carries, I would take the more sure thing in Jackson plus Cleveland aren't world beaters on defense

Sounds good, I also saw Tashard Choice on the wire and the Falcons defense. Thought I'd grab those two for more options.

Beeno - Here we go for the playoffs. Games start Thursday.

I'm the #3 seed. I have a decent matchup, but my RB situation is so sketchy. Would ANY of you play Chris Johnson anymore? He has been utter shit the last few weeks, but they are playing the Colts who can't stop the run, and if Manning plays like he's been playing there should be extra possessions.

QB: Schaub (vs. Baltimore), Freeman (vs. Redskins), Fitzpatrick (vs. Cleveland) Not sure how I feel about Schaub vs. the Ravens, so maybe I go Freeman this week?

RB: Chris Johnson (COME ON FUCKER GET SOME RUSHING GOING!), Fred Jackson (vs. Cleveland), BGJE (vs. Bears). Leaning towards BGJE since it seems the Patriots can do whatever they want, Jackson is usually a good dual threat but the Browns havent allowed many rushing TDs this year.

WRs I don't have many other options to use. I roll with Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Stevie Johnson. The only others I could swap in are Kenny Britt (if he's even full strength yet) and Derek Hagan.

Go

QB: I like Fitzpatrick the best but I would stay away from him because the weather may be bad there and that equates to a low scoring game. I see Shaub having a 200 yard+ 2 touchdown game against Baltimore and appears to be the safest best.

RB: Jackson vs. BJGE is a tough one... they have both been playing well. I would be tempted to play them both over CJ, CJ has burned the hell out of me lately. Their WHOLE team is in a funk and teams just stack the box against him. If it were my team, I would play CJ and Jackson. Jackson just gets so many opportunities. My fear with BJGE is he is going to have to deal with the bears defense which can be very tough against the run.

WR: I like your WR'S.

Who is your defense and what defense is available out there? Also, what about your kicker? Every point counts in the playoffs...

I have the Saints kicker. My main D has been Pittsburgh, I'm picking up Atlanta if waivers go through just in case I change my mind. I think the only other decent D available for this week is Tampa Bay.

I don't know why the fuck the Titans are only giving CJ a handful of carries. I'm hoping playing against the Colts, he's going to be able to do whatever he wants... but I'd hate to use him and get burned 3 weeks in a row. Also picking up Choice as an option.

Beeno - I have the Saints kicker. My main D has been Pittsburgh, I'm picking up Atlanta if waivers go through just in case I change my mind. I think the only other decent D available for this week is Tampa Bay.

I don't know why the fuck the Titans are only giving CJ a handful of carries. I'm hoping playing against the Colts, he's going to be able to do whatever he wants... but I'd hate to use him and get burned 3 weeks in a row. Also picking up Choice as an option.

For this week you are good with Pitt at home versus Cincy and I think you are set with Saints kicker.

QB Schaub or Cassel leaning schaub since I have foster.

WR 3: With dez out I am wondering if I grab Roy off the WW I also have meachem and Alexander driver mason and TJ housh are on the WW as well.

Flex: Blount Stewar or Green I am considering grabbing starks or choice if I get the chance?

Kicker is Crosby

Playing the CJ2k owner this week I hope he doesnt go off lol

i lost frank gore for the season so i picked up westbrook. not sure if i can trust him during the playoffs.

so should i keep him or grab one of these guys off the WW?

-Chris Ivory
-LeGarrete Blount
-Marshawn Lynch
-Brandon Jackson
-Felix Jones

Blount gets my vote

Gracie killar - QB Schaub or Cassel leaning schaub since I have foster.

WR 3: With dez out I am wondering if I grab Roy off the WW I also have meachem and Alexander driver mason and TJ housh are on the WW as well.

Flex: Blount Stewar or Green I am considering grabbing starks or choice if I get the chance?

Kicker is Crosby

Playing the CJ2k owner this week I hope he doesnt go off lol

QB Schaub

I would grab Driver off the waiver wire fast and play him this week against Detroit. If you don't get him, then go for Meachem, he has the hot hand lately and has a good matchup against St. Louis.

I would roll with Blount. He is getting the majority of the carries and getting goal line carries as well. Choice and Starks are both good pickups. I think Starks will have a good game against Detroit this week.. but I have to roll with the odds and take Blount.

Crosby is a great kicker this week. Who is your D?

MentalRage - i lost frank gore for the season so i picked up westbrook. not sure if i can trust him during the playoffs.

so should i keep him or grab one of these guys off the WW?

-Chris Ivory
-LeGarrete Blount
-Marshawn Lynch
-Brandon Jackson
-Felix Jones

Blount & Ivory are on the WW? Man.. Blount and Ivory are both studs right now. I love Ivory this week at home vs. St. Louis... I would pick him up and play him. Westbrook also has a good match up this week.. but Ivory has been on a tear lately and really gaining steam. The Saints are giving him the ball a lot and he is getting in the end zone.

If you can't get Ivory, then grab Blount and play him. If you can't get Blount, then roll with Westbrook.

I use IDPs my players are Mayo Matthews and Ruud so I am pretty much set there. Is shonn Green droppable at this point I feel stupid for using my no 5 waiver on him last week debating about dropping him for one of the players I mentioned above.

Gracie killar - I use IDPs my players are Mayo Matthews and Ruud so I am pretty much set there. Is shonn Green droppable at this point I feel stupid for using my no 5 waiver on him last week debating about dropping him for one of the players I mentioned above.

Yeah, drop Green... you just can't depend on him with the splitting of the carries. New York messed up with giving a majority of the carries to Tomlinson. Green was on fire last year but this year they haven't given him enough carries and he isn't looking all that great.

I would grab Meachem off waivers now.

Ok so I picked up Tashard Choice and Falcons Defense from waivers.

Now do I go with:

Chris Johnson & Fred Jackson
Chris Johnson & BGJE
Chris Johnson & Choice
Scrap Johnson and go with Jackson and Choice?

I can't sit CJ and then have him go off for 15+ points I would shoot myself. I'm HOPING that the Colts D is so terrible that he can get some room, and Peyton can throw more picks and give them extra possessions...not sure what to expect from Philly's D this week if I want to go with Choice.

Steelers vs. the Bengals (who CAN put up points) or Falcons vs. Panthers?

Beeno - Ok so I picked up Tashard Choice and Falcons Defense from waivers.

Now do I go with:

Chris Johnson & Fred Jackson
Chris Johnson & BGJE
Chris Johnson & Choice
Scrap Johnson and go with Jackson and Choice?

I can't sit CJ and then have him go off for 15+ points I would shoot myself. I'm HOPING that the Colts D is so terrible that he can get some room, and Peyton can throw more picks and give them extra possessions...not sure what to expect from Philly's D this week if I want to go with Choice.

Steelers vs. the Bengals (who CAN put up points) or Falcons vs. Panthers?

I'm going to make this easy for you.

Chris Johnson & Fred Jackson (Like you said, you would shoot yourself if CJ goes off.. and we both know he is capable of breaking one at any time and the Colts run defense has sucked lately) Fred is at home and will get 90% of the carries and has done very well for Fantasy teams as of late. He will get plenty of carries (especially if its freezing ass cold, and he will get a few catches as well) BJGE has done very well too.. I just think the Bears defense will play tough against the run and Brady will have to get it done in the air.

Stick with the Steelers defense. Sure Cincy can put up points, but Palmer will get sacked several times and will probably throw a pick or 2 as well. He has looked HORRIBLE all year. Pittsburgh's defense has been tough all year. You have to go with the odds and stick with them. In the same way you have to stick with CJ2K.

Either way you go.. I will be pulling for you man.

Thanks for the tips. I think I've ruled out BJGE but I'm torn between trying out Choice or going with Jackson. I know they split some of the work with Spiller last week, but I don't know if Choice was a fluke either.

I'm in the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues, playing for a total of $1500 and change(depending on the total of waiver fees at the end of the season, $1 per transaction in one league).

In my big money(relatively) league, my QB situation is completely fucked, as my only choices are Fitzpatrick, Drew Stanton, and Alex Smith. I'm probably going to roll with Alex Smith vs SEA and hope for the best, any of those plays are Hail Mary's neway. Trading away Tom Brady for Chris Johnson isn't looking so good now, gotta hope that CJ2K puts up a vintage monster game and carry me through this week. Really need Hakeem Nicks to get back on the field as well, in order for me to make a push. Only thing going for me is my week 14 opponent has the lowest point total of all playoff teams and his WR's are all trying to get back from injury(Britt, Steve Smith NYG).

Other money league, I'm deciding between Owen Daniels coming off injury vs BAL or Ed Dickson vs HOU. Also, for my 3rd WR spot, its between James Jones, Danario Alexander, Percy Harvin, Obomanu, and Bennett. Starting Roddy and Sidney Rice as my 1 and 2. Leaning toward Bennett.

Beeno - Thanks for the tips. I think I've ruled out BJGE but I'm torn between trying out Choice or going with Jackson. I know they split some of the work with Spiller last week, but I don't know if Choice was a fluke either.

I wouldn't fault you for going with Choice. He isn't a fluke either.. I'm a huge Cowboys fan and have season tickets. Choice is underrated... he is a much better back than Barber(who has lost a step) Barber is completely out this week and Felix Jones is not an every down back. Choice looked great last Sunday and the Cowboys NEED to really evaluate him now to see what he's got for next year. They are out of the playoffs and although they want to win games, they have nothing to lose. He should get 15+ carries and see some goal line carries as well.

Choice and Jackson could be a 50/50 decision this week.