Far from impressed with Junie

Wow, all this hype and smack talk, and so far I am not even slightly impressed................. Discuss

Is this the guy thats supposed to be the "anderson silva" of lightweight?

I'm not impressed with either fighter tonight.

More like Anderson Cooper from CNN

Roli's got a lot of heart man.

Roli was gassed bad early in the second but he's hanging in there.

This guy is more like a shitty version of chris leben.

AmidaHidan - Is this the guy thats supposed to be the "anderson silva" of lightweight?

I think that is supposed to be Phillipe Nover

i expected alot more from junie..for all of that talking he is delivering nothing..i thought he would be more explosive and faster with his punches but instead he just appears to be yer average striker, good takedown defense and a good chin, thats it..nothing to see here folks..what a letdown...

no one ever said Junie was the next Silva

you have to consider that junie is probably tired from cutting weight but that is his own fault. But yes, very unimpressive

tdunning - 
AmidaHidan - Is this the guy thats supposed to be the "anderson silva" of lightweight?

I think that is supposed to be Phillipe Nover

sorry i have not been following this season much...

i thought i read somewhere that junie was the guy dana was talking about.

THey're going to give this to Junie regardless.

I hate when people do jumping jacks or pushups or run around after the fight....

LOL at gassing the whole fight then doing jumping jacks....

"i thought i read somewhere that junie was the guy dana was talking about."

Someone just made that shit up. Most people think it's Philippe.

Junie won - I'm not that impressed either

WoW! Roli coulda easily won that fight with some legkicks and at least a small amount of muscle somewhere in his body.

For how badass Junie is supposed to be, he was struggling with one of the weakest guys on the show. Roli really needs to rethink MMA if he isn't gonna have ANY muscle mass. I mean u don't NEED muscle, but he has NO power or snap on any of his strikes and prolly couldn't take anyone down to use his BJJ.

Junie sucks, props to Roli for showing up and fighting like a man and taking it to Junie.

Both fighters had terrible stand up. Roli especially, rewatch the fight, his hands were up maybe 10 seconds in the 15 minute fight.
Lucky for him Junie has no power because Roli ate a good 15 punches and wouldn't go down.

Now, as far as Roli being a black belt, I was really expecting him to clinch and at the very least pull guard. He obviously isn't a wrestler and his stand up left much to be desired. He trains with Nog, Nog is very experienced with the mma guard pull.

For all the talk, he didn't perform all that well.

That match looked like a high school fight between a math geek who decided that he was tired of being picked on and some would be bully who thought that he was tough due to the fact that he took 6 months of king fu when he was 12.