Fastest NFL Player?

Herschel Walker was probably slightly faster than Bo, and the same size.

Stan Wang - Bob Hayes or Willie Gault if you mean pure speed.

football speed is different. i would go with Deion.

it was rumored that deion didn't lose a step w/pads on. he always looked just as fast as he needed to be. effortless.

haven't heard the name alexander wright in a long time.

if only he could catch. dude could FLY.

I had the don Beebe speed trainer when I was in ha and they had his highlights included and hot damn that was a fast ass white boy. Phone Post 3.0

Ian Iachimoe - haven't heard the name alexander wright in a long time.

I remember being so excited when the Cowboys drafted Alexander Wright. Wright was so freaking fast. Never panned out though - that catching thing.

I was actually more excited for the Wright pick than that guy they chose in the first round that year - can't remember his name. Some slow running back.

Marquis Goodwin, buffalo bills WR - probably THE fastest guy currently active in the NFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNW3nBt7wI

Goodwin made the 2012 United States Olympic team in the long jump with a career-best and meet-best mark of 8.33m (27-04.25) at the US Olympic Team Trials, a jump that would have been good enough to win the gold medal at the following Olympics.

At the Olympics, he qualified for the finals on his first jump of 8.11m (26-7), but he failed to match that performance in the finals and finished in 10th place

Dogo - 
Ian Iachimoe - haven't heard the name alexander wright in a long time.

I remember being so excited when the Cowboys drafted Alexander Wright. Wright was so freaking fast. Never panned out though - that catching thing.

I was actually more excited for the Wright pick than that guy they chose in the first round that year - can't remember his name. Some slow running back.

LOL. VU!

Dri Archer, fastest at this years draft. Hope the kid can play football.

koston - Marquis Goodwin, buffalo bills WR - probably THE fastest guy currently active in the NFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNW3nBt7wI

Goodwin made the 2012 United States Olympic team in the long jump with a career-best and meet-best mark of 8.33m (27-04.25) at the US Olympic Team Trials, a jump that would have been good enough to win the gold medal at the following Olympics.

At the Olympics, he qualified for the finals on his first jump of 8.11m (26-7), but he failed to match that performance in the finals and finished in 10th place

Trindon Holliday is faster, but Goodwin is legit

James Jett and Raghib Ismail were fast. Phone Post 3.0

As a Steeler fan I have to say Willie Parker was one of the fastest motherfuckers I've ever seen in pads. Phone Post 3.0

Herschel held the world record at one point in the 60 Phone Post 3.0

love his topic, pretty sure the nfl does not want their guys being ranked accurately hence no more fastest man comp nor standardized times

it drives me nuts

Trindon Holliday and Jeff Demps are sub 10 guys in the 100 m, or close enough, which is faster than anyone in nfl history timed officially in the 100

Bob Hayes at one point was the world's fastest man

In pads on the field , Darryl Green and Bo come to mind, Deon Sanders also,

Randy Moss was up there too, and the best receiver of all time imo

Reggie Bush I believe clocked the highest in game top speed when they were measuring it for a brief time on MNF, he could really kick it into another gear, visibly

Justin Gatlin was the world's fastest man and clocked 40's in the 4.4's

40's really don't mean shit and are a joke, you can see how inaccurate they are when they do the video overlaps at the combine of guys with the same time running at different paces, and that's like best case scenario, not the hand timed school/agent/bs/bravado

In the game today, 3 guys elite speedsters come to mind, and these are guys that actually play well imo, d-jax and patric peterson come to mind as elite speedsters that play the game at a high level, and in djax's cases, he's barely in the top ten, if that

number 1 imo, Josh Gordon, I don't care what the numbers say, dude was blazing last year and the elite of the elite in the wr category

oh and maybe Trindon, his fumbleitis keeps him from being elite and has actually caused him to get fired twice, but I've never seen anyone hit the hole like him, if im not mistaken, he has the fastest stride speed of all time even better than Usain Bolt's

so much more than speed though to this game, even at the skill posiitons

based on clock times in the 100, and in game speed, I might actually go with Holliday as the single fastest all time period

having said that, it would have been incredible to see guys like Darryl Green and Bo and others in their prime with 18 months of 100m track coaching and see what times they put up

would not surprise me if those two specifically could break 9.8

shadallion - Darrell Green ran down Tony Dorsett - a speedster himself - from across the field, one of the greatest football plays ever.

Right now I'll tell you who's fast as fuck: Patrick Peterson on AZ Cardinals. Phone Post 3.0
I remember watching a Rams v Redskins game on television in college and Ron Brown broke one. Green gave chase and didn't catch him, but didn't lose ground either. The two of them left the rest of the players behind like they were jogging.

Fastest player in the 40 ever I would have to go with Green or Phillip Epps. Phone Post 3.0

Saw Dieon run down Jerry Rice when Sanders was on the Falcons. I mean ran him down like Rice was a lumbering right end. Phone Post 3.0

Hired Gun - Hmmm not sure about this list

The Official Unofficial Sub 4.3 Forty Yard Dash List
1 Bo Jackson Auburn Tigers 4.12
2 Michael Bennett Minnesota Vikings 4.13
3 Alexander Wright Dallas Cowboys 4.14
4 Darrell Green Washington Redskins 4.15
5 Ahman Green Nebraska Cornhuskers 4.17
6 Joey Galloway Ohio St. Buckeyes 4.18
7 Terrell Sinkfield Northern Iowa 4.19
8 Henry Neal Blinn JC 4.2
9 Onterio McCalebb Auburn Tigers 4.21
10 Deion Sanders Florida St. Seminoles 4.21
11 Kevin Curtis Utah St. Aggies 4.21
12 Don Beebe Buffalo Bills 4.21
13 Donte Stallworth Tennessee Volunteers 4.22
14 Willie Parker North Carolina Tar Heels 4.23
15 Clayton Holmes Dallas Cowboys 4.23
16 Rondel Melendez Eastern Kentucky (1999) 4.24
17 Chris Johnson East Carolina Pirates 4.24
18 Taylor Mays USC 4.24
19 Marquis Goodwin Texas Longhorns 4.25
20 Tavon Austin West Virginia 4.25
21 Steve Williams California 4.25
22 Ike Taylor Pittsburgh Steelers 4.25
23 Randy Moss Marshall University 4.25
24 Michael Vick Virginia Tech Hokies 4.25
25 Jerome Mathis Hampton 4.25
26 Sam Shields University of Miami (Packers) 4.25
27 Dri Archer Kent St. 4.26 added 2/26/14
28 Devin Hester University of Miami 4.27
29 Darren McFadden Arkansas Razorbacks 4.27
30 James Jett West Virginia 4.27
31 Jacoby Ford Clemson Tigers 4.27
32 Trindon Holliday LSU 4.27
33 DeMarcus Van Dyke University of Miami 4.28
34 Kevin Williams University of Miami 4.28
35 Champ Bailey Georgia Bulldogs 4.28
36 CJ Spiller Clemson Tigers 4.28
37 Raghib Ismail Notre Dame Fighting Irish 4.28
38 Walter Sutton SW Minnesota St. 4.28
39 Rod Woodson Purdue Boilermakers 4.28
40 Standord Routt University of Houston (2005) 4.29
41 Fabian Washington Nebraska Cornhuskers 4.29
42 Laveranues Coles Florida St. Seminoles 4.29
43 James Williams Fresno St. 4.29
44 Gaston Green UCLA 4.29
45 Johnny Knox Abiliene Christian (Chi. Bears) 4.29
Most of it isn't official. Phone Post 3.0

even offical 40's are all off

DLfromCanada - even offical 40's are all off

Yeah, I saw an analysis by a track guy that tore apart the idea of all of these sub 4.2 40 yard dash times. Basically they don't exist because if they did these guys could maintain their top speed and win any 100 meter contest...which their track careers have proven that they can't do.

If it was recorded right, probably Bob Hayes would have the best time with guys like Gault, Greene and Ron Brown in the running.

For speed that appears impressive on the field itself, Rocket Ishmael and Deion Sanders seemed most like they were moving faster than anyone else in my lifetime. Probably someone like Sayers, who I only see in somewhat choppy film, had that quality as well.

Trindon Holliday is up there