fastest way to defrost a frozen steak?

hey i got a good deal a couple of weeks back at publix. have a nice one pound ribeye frozen solid. any way i could eat it today?

Put it in a ziplock bag, take the air out, and put it in the sink with cold water. Should defrost pretty quickly. 

Big pot of boiling milk

pahulkster -

Put it in a ziplock bag, take the air out, and put it in the sink with cold water. Should defrost pretty quickly. 

This is correct. But it shouldn't be frozen in the first place.

Sit on it, like how birds sit on their eggs.

Mix6APlix -
pahulkster -

How do you store meat for months on end?

Muffler Bearing -

Big pot of boiling milk

equal parts milk and ketchup.

I place mine in the sink with warm water (not hot) ready in 15-25 minutes

Bag of rice. Just eat that, instead.

xNate - 
Mix6APlix -
pahulkster -

How do you store meat for months on end?

yea i buy in bulk when on sale!

sit on it like you're a chicken hatching her egg

oh wtf how did I get beat to that comment

You can cook it from frozen and it actually works pretty well. Can't use the grill, but look it up.

The armpit is gods given defrosting machine. 

McBottery -

oh wtf how did I get beat to that comment

Cecil - You can cook it from frozen and it actually works pretty well. Can't use the grill, but look it up.

from rock solid?

Flip over an aluminum pot or cooking sheet and place frozen meat (bagged) on the bottom.

Aluminum is a fast conductor. As long as there's air flow under the pan it will defrost surprisingly fast. They used to sell commercial versions of these.

shootfightermike -
Cecil - You can cook it from frozen and it actually works pretty well. Can't use the grill, but look it up.

from rock solid?
My grandmother used to pull em right out of the freezer and throw em in the broiler. Always tasted great.

Microwave that bad boy

Sfm steak threads are epic. Oreos for desert!