Fat Guys that do Jiu Jitsu

I've seen some three hundo plus fat dudes doing jiu jitsu. Wouldn't it be better for them to work on striking instead of rolling?? I can't imagine it be much fun for them to roll.. get them on their back and they are a cockroach.

I also don't like rolling with them because 1) they can squash you if they drop their weight and hurt you 2) they stink 3) you can feel their fat moving around when you grab them.

Anyone else avoid the fat guys in class?

I liked your other troll threads better but ths one will get a few hits.

im not trolling. im seriously wondering if im the only one who minds.

but thanks for the compliments! cheers, its 3 AM here. gnight.

i do it because i can lay on the ground, standing and moving around is very hard for us butas! plus it's fun to smother people with my floppy man-tits.

I avoid anyone I can't close my guard around, the risk of injury is just to big.

And I don't like grappling with anyone who's body feel's like a waterbed....

bulletmagnet I thought you would be more humble being a instructor at Torrance and New Breed and all

Anyone have that pic of that 400+lb dude in side control on that one poor bastard in a BJJ tourney? (the one where the guy on bottom's face was so red from the pressure it looked like his head was going to explode :-P  )

I'm a fat guy, but a lot of people don't avoid me because if my partner is a lot smaller than me then I will play guard and nothing but guard. I will take top when I get a sweep, but thats just to keep things honest. If my opponent isn't giving me much of a fight when I get on top after the sweep then I will go back to guard.

Ask PTM2020.

I don't stink, and while yes I do make people feel uncomfortable when I get on top, I haven't injured anyone from my weight in all of these years.

What people do complain about though is my gayness.

The only people avoiding me now are people on the injured list because I'm just coming back from the injured list and I can't play a lot of guard yet. In a few months though, once Im 100% I will be a leg spreading, omoplataing, guard sweeping fat guy.

I think it is awesome to see anyone on the mat, fat or thin.

Maybe they are doing it to try and better themselves.

And if its a problem for you, work on your own game so you dont get squashed, figure out a way to get around it.

Thats whats good about jiu jitsu, finding out different ways of dealing with diffrent body types, games and strategies.

None So Blind -  Anyone have that pic of that 400+lb dude in side control on that one poor bastard in a BJJ tourney? (the one where the guy on bottom's face was so red from the pressure it looked like his head was going to explode :-P  )

http://lutanet.com/MMANews/wp-content/uploads/size-does-matter-742262.jpg

I must say one of my best training partners is a big guy. And he was 400 when he started getting close to 300 now. He helps me work on my game, when i finally perfect a sweep from guard on him then i know i've gotten the technique good. you're not going to out muscle him and you're not going to use shitty technique on him. he plays alot of guard but will go to the top game when we roll. I've grown alot b/c of rolling with him. so maybe its just the big guys at your gym. b/c all of them i've rolled with have been really good.

bulletmagnet
LOL :at you being such a pussy. Maybe you should go do TKD.
I am a big guy. One I work my guard and I am no cockroach on my back. My game is great from the top; my guard is good my Half I will tap anyone that cries like you do.
When I roll with small people I do not use my weight unless they ask me to or they are a dick (AKA someone like you)
I was over 400 when I started I am now just over 300 I have a bunch of wrestling & Judo. Bjj is great and with the resistance you will work and lose weight.
And to state that all the fat guys are bad tell that to many of the higher belts that are big guys or just go look up Big Mac on youtube you will be surprised. Just because your game is below average and you do not want to improve your game by going against people who could help you do not try to make yourself feel better by talking shit about a big guys.

I've rolled with 2 guys that were over 300pds, they were both about 325pds. They were both skilled grapplers so that made it even more challenging. Rolling with those guys was completely unlike anyone else, even other BIG guys.

Although I can't say rolling with them was fun, it definitely made rolling with everyone else seem easier by comparison. I wish I had guys like that to roll with again.

Lautaro

esila - 
None So Blind -  Anyone have that pic of that 400+lb dude in side control on that one poor bastard in a BJJ tourney? (the one where the guy on bottom's face was so red from the pressure it looked like his head was going to explode :-P  )

You think a chin to the eye is bad, wait until you get a sweaty man boob plopped on your face.

ectomorph - 
esila - 

LMAO @ that pic... that's exactly what im talking about..

Porkchop74 - bulletmagnet
LOL :at you being such a pussy. Maybe you should go do TKD.
I am a big guy. One I work my guard and I am no cockroach on my back. My game is great from the top; my guard is good my Half I will tap anyone that cries like you do.
When I roll with small people I do not use my weight unless they ask me to or they are a dick (AKA someone like you)
I was over 400 when I started I am now just over 300 I have a bunch of wrestling & Judo. Bjj is great and with the resistance you will work and lose weight.
And to state that all the fat guys are bad tell that to many of the higher belts that are big guys or just go look up Big Mac on youtube you will be surprised. Just because your game is below average and you do not want to improve your game by going against people who could help you do not try to make yourself feel better by talking shit about a big guys.

Didn't mean to offend you pork chop. (like the name btw). Im sorry though, i wouldn't grapple you in a self-defense situation, i'd just stick a jab in your fat chops and circle you until you got tired then you'd start eating some overhand rights with your little t rex arms not being able to cover your face.