Fatally flawed atheist Lawrence Krauss

Did anyone hear this guy call religion child abuse?

When I was growing up an underprivileged urban youth, the best place that we had to hang out safely was the church.

The best role models that we had readily available in that community went to church regularly.

To hear this guy totally throw religion under the bus was appalling?

If I looked like this I wouldn't believe in god either.

Enjoy the permanence of the void THAT YOU CREATED FOR YOURSELF.

to each their own.  religion is not necessary for morality or any of the things you listed, but neither is disparaging it.

So you didn't actually listen to what he said and just generalized one statement.

Why? Purposefully, or just being an idiot?

"The abandonment of self, with all its desire for its own advantage and profit, with its craving for a particular this or that, with its longing even for God, constitutes the spiritual death which is the prerequisite of absorption in the Godhead. The outward man must die hourly. "Die ere thou diest--then, dying, thou diest not"; that is, do not let physical death overtake you before you have died the spiritual death. For the spiritual death is death unto life. The death of the outward, accidental man is the birth of the inward, essential man. "That which thou sowest is not quickened except it die." Thus far this is the norm of Christian doctrine. But the thought of Angelus Silesius, following that of Eckhart, proceeds to unveil a more hidden mystery. This birth of the inner man in the Godhead is identified with the birth of the divine Son. The birth of the Son, like the creation of the world, is an eternal process. "God eternally brings forth his Son p. 84 like unto himself," Eckhart declares. "But I say, furthermore, he has brought him forth in my soul. Not merely is she with him and he equally with her, but he is in her, and the Father gives birth to the Son in the soul in the very same way as he gives him birth in eternity, and in none other." Eckhart pursues the mystery still farther. The birth of the Son is God's realization of his own essence. For Eckhart proceeds: "Yea, I declare moreover, not only doth God give birth to me as his Son, he gives birth to me as himself and himself as me, he gives birth to me as his own essence and as his own nature." Angelus expresses this thought in such phrases as "I must give birth to God," "I must be pregnant with God," "I help him to sustain his being as much as he helps to sustain mine." Here the mystical doctrine of the oneness of the uncreated essence of the soul with the essence of Deity loses itself in an O Altitudo!"

Hear me, for we are the children of the Lord, your God, our creator, our Father, our Mother. For god is not a sexual being like us, rather an eternal spirit.

Remember we are but ants, peasants in a colony..

We must accept that our mortal existence is a great gift, not a product of mere circumstance or happenstance.

People were blessed with so much abundance and splendid, marvelous existence that it's confusing and leads us to believe we're higher powers independent of a creator or intelligent design. False. Fail. Wrong. Do better science. Get a stronger teacher. 

Upgrade the software at least.

He's a scientist/physicist/cosmologist... of course he'll readily throw religion under the bus.

The child abuse comment was about parents lying to their kids with these ridiculous stories.

A bit extreme but as he also pointed out, the old testament says you should stone your kids to death if they disobey you, or some such nonsense.

CaptainWoody - So you didn't actually listen to what he said and just generalized one statement.

Why? Purposefully, or just being an idiot?

The same way that Mr. Krauss picks and chooses. You think he's not aware of what he's doing by trying to totally get rid of religion?

The atheist mentality doesn't appear very enlightened, way too impressed with their own existence, such a low EQ..

Bunch of pompous pricks dressed up in disguise as scientists. Deceitful charlatans that want to be god, they want their own existence to hold a weight it could not, even with the aid of fake forces, such as "gravity". Forget the atheist mentality, it's dated. 

Well religion does have a pretty dark history when it comes to children.

CRE -

The atheist mentality doesn't appear very enlightened, way too impressed with their own existence, such a low EQ..

Bunch of pompous pricks dressed up in disguise as scientists. Deceitful charlatans that want to be god, they want their own existence to hold a weight it could not, even with the aid of fake forces, such as "gravity". Forget the atheist mentality, it's dated. 

So the people who don't believe in all powerful god or places like heaven or hell, all which have not one shred of evidence that has proven or even hinted at any of them existing are the people that are low functioning lol.

You were doing ok with this troll until you called gravity a fake force.  

I don't believe in an afterlife, I don't believe in heaven, I think religion has probably caused as much bad as good due to the flaws of man and I don't believe in any specific reward for being a good person.

But we were created for whatever reason..Who knows why.

he was just as annoying on rogan with his incessant anti-religious cracks as any other ideologist...

"But, but I wrote a bunch of books"

That will be disproved in no time.

This guy wants to be god so fucking bad.

he has a point when he says young children taught to believe something that purportedly holds their soul in the balance has no tangible proof. it also should not be questioned. this leads to unscientific, superstitious thinking. its also pretty facist. saying its child abuse however is a bit rich.

CRE - I don't believe in an afterlife, I don't believe in heaven, I think religion has probably caused as much bad as good due to the flaws of man and I don't believe in any specific reward for being a good person.

But we were created for whatever reason..Who knows why.

why does there have to be a reason for our existence?

I like the way ricky gervais says the same thing, something to effect that he wished he was introduced to religion in his 20's when his intellect was somewhat formed and he could make a more mature decision on what he believes in...

Subbing for a logical rational debate!

I'm not going to make the easy mistake of arguing religion with you OP.  Religion/Spiritualism or the lack thereof is, IMO, a sacred personal choice.

However, as there are laws to protect our youth from sexual predators, there shoiuld be laws to also protect them from those who would prey upon their psyche - regardless if it is a priest, parent, teacher, coach etc..  There are other ways to teach morality and ethics.  Religion should not be taught until a child is at least at the age of sexual consent.

King Trav - Subbing for a logical rational debate!
Do you know where you are?