Interesting to see Peter Chin-Tai's name here. This is my wife's cousin. Small world, huh? :-)
Peace and Respect,
"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Prov. 27:17
"Getting hit is just like having sex, think of it as foreplay"
"Whats the matter, dont you like sex?"
"Gee isnt this how do you it at home?"
or my favorites
"God gave us elbows to cut eyes"
"Kicks and punches hurt, knees and elbows kill"
"the best block is a city block."
telling us to fight as a last resort...either that or we sucked so bad we should try to run.
"I go through doors, I don't go through the wall."
- Marcus Soares
(Meaning don't force a move if it's being defended well)
When asked about the welfare of the student he was grounding-and-pounding:
"It's okay, he lives for this."
This thread should be called "Chicken Soup for the Ass-Kicking Soul," or, "All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned While Getting Choked Out."
LOL. Cool posts, especially,"This may not be your favorite technique to practice, but then again you may not be my favorite student."
"And remember guys, we are paranoids! Always think that there are more assailants: don't focus solely on one enemy, 'cause that's when you get whacked by the one you didn't see." - My kali instructor
"Don't be a victim". Sam Hyder my kickboxing inst.
"Get in there and Kick his ASS!"
December 10, Tokyo Dome, End of round 3 and I didn't think I could go on.
" Eat, Train , and get some nookie occasionally"--Scott Sonnon
Of all the noble quotes Scott has said, this one I remember!
Alright guys, today we're gonna work on our flying armbars...Chris, go put some cool shit on the stereo, because there ain't a fuckin' chance of you doing this move...
How the fuck do these people give Rickson their backs?? Doesn't Funaki know guard? C'mon, I don't even think a whit belt would give Rickson their back so quick....not that I'm tlaking shit about Rickson, if he gets pissed at me, you guys are gonna block while I go for my sword over there
Technique is great but violence rules today.
"This may not be your favorite technique to practice, but then again you may not be my favorite student"
"Train to learn, not to win."
The other day when I was doing takedowns with Matt Hughes and got slammed rather hard, I stood up to try and get myself back to normal and make sure that all my body parts were still functioning. Pat looks over and says "Ron.................Good job" :) LOL
He also is very encouraging when I get mounted. He always stops the action and says "Ron.............You are mounted" :) LOL
Maybe this isn't funny to you, but it's DAMN funny to me :)
Usually screamed just as one student takes the back of another,
'Choke that F&@KStick OUT!'
"Pack your bags and leave my house"!!
Oh wait, that was Van Dammes instructor in Kickboxer.
1. Don't waste time responding to critics.
2. Remember that the more you know, the less you fear.
3. Remember that the person who steals an egg will steal a chicken.
4. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
5. Act with curtesy and fairness regardless of how others treat you. Don't let them determine your response.
6. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
7. Don't major in minor things.
8. Don't burn your bridges. You'll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
9. Never swap your integrity for money, power or fame.
10. Never deprive someone of hope, it might be all they have.
11. Use your wit to amuse, not abuse.
12. Don't insist on running someone else's life.
13. Remember that how you say something is as important as what you say.
14. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.
15. Be a good loser.
16. Be a good winner.
17. Pay your fair share.
18. Never claim a victory prematurely.
19. Do the right thing, regardless of what others think.
20. Never overestimate your power to change others.
21. Evaluate yourself by your own standards, not someone else's.
22. Apologize immediately when you lose your temper, especially to children.
23. Worry makes for a hard pillow. When something's troubling you, before going to sleep, jot down three things you can do the next day to help solve the problem.
24. Spend your life lifting people up, not putting them down.
25. Regardless of the situation, react with class.
26. Win with out boasting.
27. Lose with out excuses.
28. Don't dismiss a good idea simply because you don't like the source.
29. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
30. Be brave. Even if you aren't, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
31. Don't let weeds grow around your dreams.
32. Never threaten unless you intend to back it up.
33. Truth is serious business. When criticizing others, remember that a little goes a long way.
34. Accept the fact that regardless of how many times you are right, you will sometimes be wrong.
35. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
36. Admit your mistakes.
37. Don't confuse mere inconveniences with real problems.
38. Our thoughts determine our responses to life. We are not victims of the world. To the extent that we control our thoughts, we control the world.
39. Don't buy someone else's trouble.
40. Judge people from where they stand, not from where you stand.
41. When there is a hill to climb, don't think that waiting will make it smaller.
42. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
43. Never ignore evil.
44. In business and in family relationships, remember that the most important thing is trust.
45. Be tough minded but tenderhearted.
46. Don't accept unacceptable behavior.
47. Spend less time worrying who's right and more time deciding what's right.
48. Keep your private thoughts private.
49. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
50. Don't mistake kindness for weakness.
51. Invest in your family first and in your career second.
52. Become someone's hero.
53. Someone will always be looking at you as an example of how to behave. Don't let that person down.
JUST A FEW
Heres a few more
1. Don't squat with your spurs on.
2. Don't never interfere with something that ain't botherin' you none.
3. If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is tiop diggin'.
4. Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
5. Ther's more ways to skin a cat than stickin' his head in a boot jack and jerkin' on his tail.
6. Some ranchers taise pigs and some will even admit it. Either way, they're raisin pigs.
7. The easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm. The colder it gets, the harder it is to swallow.
8. Never smack a man who's chewin' tobacco.
9. If it don't seem like its' worth the effort, it probably ain't
10. It don' take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
11. The biggest liar you will ever have to deal with probably watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning.
12. Never ask a barber if he thinks you need a haircut.
13. if you get to think' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
14. Don't worry about bitin' off more'n you can chew. Your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.
15. Always drink upstream from the herd.
16. Generally, you ain't learnin' nothin' when your mouth is a jawin'.
17. Tellin' a man to go to hell and makin' him do it are two entirely different propositions.
18. Generally speakin', fancy titles and nightshirts are a waste of time.
19. Trust everybody in the game, but always cut the cards.
20. If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
21. If you're gonna go....go like hell. If your mind's not made up, don't use your spurs.
22. Never kick a fresh cowpie on a hot day.
23. After eating, an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came a long and shot him. The moral: when your full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
24. Never drop your gun to hug a grizzly.
25. When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson
26. The best way to have quiche for dinner is to make it up and put it in the oven to bake at 325 degrees. Meanwhile, get out a large T-bone, grill it, and when it's done, eat it. As for the quiche, continue to let it bake, but otherwise ignore it.
27. There's two theories to arguing with a woman; neither one works.
28. When you're throwing your weight around, be ready to have it thrown around by somebody else.
29. Lettin' the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back.
30. Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was.
31. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
32. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
"There are two types of people in the world -
the best and the rest. The best always does more
than the rest" - Pat Burris