Favorite GSP moment

With GSP taking an indefinite leave from the sport, I thought it'd be cool to look back at some of his best moments inside of the octagon. Instead of criticizing his decision, let's comment on his great career and talk about the impact he made on the sport. 

I will start with my personal favorite GSP moment, which came after he won the title at UFC 65. 

After he got the belt, you could see how excited he really was and his passion for the sport came out. It is one of the most unfiltered, raw moments of GSP's personality that we ever got to witness. 

Here it is, if you don't remember: 

What is yours?!

Matt Hughes II Phone Post 3.0

I remember when he fought mayhem, GSP knocked jason down and jason poped back up using a handspring right into GSP punching him in the nose. It felt like one of them was there to horse around and the other guy was there to fight.

I'm not impressed by your performance Phone Post 3.0

The Fitch fight. There's one flurry where GSP hits him so hard that it looks like the paint from the UFC gloves comes flying off. I think some people say it was surplus vaseline or somesuch... either way, it looked like it was straight out of the movies.

I've seen a better gif of it out there somewhere, but this is the only one I could find tonight...

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/MMANut/gspbeatdown.gif

jwistead - The Fitch fight. There's one flurry where GSP hits him so hard that it looks like the paint from the UFC gloves comes flying off. I think some people say it was surplus vaseline or somesuch... either way, it looked like it was straight out of the movies.

I've seen a better gif of it out there somewhere, but this is the only one I could find tonight...

This is the best I could do for you: 

untitled

JoshSanchez - 
jwistead - The Fitch fight. There's one flurry where GSP hits him so hard that it looks like the paint from the UFC gloves comes flying off. I think some people say it was surplus vaseline or somesuch... either way, it looked like it was straight out of the movies.

This is the best I could do for you: 

untitled

Thanks, I'd VTFU, but I used my 1-up on Big Cat earlier today.

Matt Hughes 1
Matt Serra 1
Beating Nick Diaz ass
Fitch fight Phone Post

Matt Hughes II was the pinnacle of GSP's excitement.

That clinic was something that I would never, ever forget. That was the moment that we all thought GSP would be unbeatable for the rest of his career. Turns it out it took one more crushing loss for him to be the unstoppable, perfect fighting machine. Phone Post 3.0

Got it better this time: 

random

Too many great moment.

More recently would have to be the Nick Diaz fight. Didn't expect Georges to out strike him on the feet. Phone Post 3.0

GSP was in a really crappy movie with Rampage and BJ Penn. His accent was so thick, they had to dub another voice on top.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307989/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI5MTk2MjM5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU3NjkzMg@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I liked the post fight where he begged for the title shot... He looked jacked up at the time

And as a BJ fan I hate to give credit for this but it was bad ass when he got up at the end of the round after smashing on BJ in their second fight and punched the cage pad cause he was in animal mode

Letibleu - 

I remember when he fought mayhem, GSP knocked jason down and jason poped back up using a handspring right into GSP punching him in the nose. It felt like one of them was there to horse around and the other guy was there to fight.

UFC 52 I believe, that was THE fight that made me a huge MMA fan. Although it was Mayhem that I particularly enjoyed.

Mayhem did a kip-up and GSP immediately hit him with a shin to the face (rather than a punch) if I remember correctly.

JoshSanchez - 

With GSP taking an indefinite leave from the sport, I thought it'd be cool to look back at some of his best moments inside of the octagon. Instead of criticizing his decision, let's comment on his great career and talk about the impact he made on the sport. 

I will start with my personal favorite GSP moment, which came after he won the title at UFC 65. 

After he got the belt, you could see how excited he really was and his passion for the sport came out. It is one of the most unfiltered, raw moments of GSP's personality that we ever got to witness. 

Here it is, if you don't remember: 

What is yours?!

"This video contains content from the UFC, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

mghan44 -
Letibleu - 

UFC 52 I believe, that was THE fight that made me a huge MMA fan. Although it was Mayhem that I particularly enjoyed.

Mayhem did a kip-up and GSP immediately hit him with a shin to the face (rather than a punch) if I remember correctly.
Ya great card I think that was the same night as hughes trigg 2 Phone Post

Id say either penn2 or sherk Phone Post 3.0

LittleKang - Id say either penn2 or sherk Phone Post 3.0
Aloha.

....jerk

: ) Phone Post 3.0

When he came back and smashed serra the 2nd fight. He looked like angry GSP.

When GSP won the belt for the first time, destroyed Serra in the rematch, and his walkout to UFC 74 when his music starts and he gives the camera a "#1". Fucking incredible.