Favorite way to pass single leg X?

What is your favorite way? And does anyone know Marcelo's preferred method?

Run over their head during the transition. Easier said than done. More of a timing thing.

But I'd look at it as if your in a good one. Your too late.

It's almost an unfair position. It's an automatic sweep for anyone without world class balance. Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUw_qEGVE1k

Someone here must have mginaction. What does Marcelo do to pass?

misterw - Someone here must have mginaction. What does Marcelo do to pass?
I will have to search for that on MGinAction. Off the top of my head, I can't recall seeing him in someone else's single leg x; just him using it a lot Phone Post 3.0

He usually back steps out of it. His timing is so good. So when the other player sets it up he back steps and disengages.

Avoidance.

Watch cobrina. Keenan. And brulio roll with Marcelo. They defend it well. Phone Post 3.0

If you have good X Guard defense then you can peel the foot off your hip using both hands and then start pre-empting the X Guard that your opponent will inevitably go for.    

Both steps are easier said than done, but nobody ever said life was going to be easy...

I will look through mginaction- I don't recall a lesson where he teaches how to pass the 1legx once the person has it wrapped around you.

However, he has tons of lessons on how to deal with the seated guard and other positions that are the popular entries into the 1legx.

I like to flail my arms, land on my ass and try to recover a guard. It works on occasion Phone Post 3.0

maintaining your balance as you force their inside leg over your leg into a leg drag position is a favorite of many of ours at the academy. Doesnt get you totally out of the position (you can just end up in 50/50) but its a start and a bit more difficult to defend then the traditional pushing the heel off the hip.

Trained with a guy not long ago that said he tries to peel the foot off at the hip and then back step, but way over their head so they can't just follow you. I've had no success with this. But not many people I train with play that game so my practice is limited Phone Post 3.0

Dan Covel - maintaining your balance as you force their inside leg over your leg into a leg drag position is a favorite of many of ours at the academy. Doesnt get you totally out of the position (you can just end up in 50/50) but its a start and a bit more difficult to defend then the traditional pushing the heel off the hip.

Do you start by attacking the inside leg? At what point do you clear the heel? You must clear it at some point, right?

Watch Langhi vs Mansher Khera from nogi worlds.

Langhi never passes, but he nullifies the 1 leg x multiple times, and Munch is one of the best in the world at this position.

carcaju - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUw_qEGVE1k

I like that first pass, but I will combine that with picking their back up off the mat and stepping to mount or loop your leg all the way over their head.....Can control their head in no-gi.