FBI/Comey theory

So this firing was confusing timing and was thinking today what the deal was so here goes...

I don't care that liberals call Trump a clown or Dorito Hitler; yes it's true he's not a policy wonk but he is a smooth operator

Trump knows firing Comey will send the muh Russia conspiracy derps into maximum meltdown and it's not like this stops the investigation anyway and if anything his replacement is worse

Comey has told Trump three times he's not under investigation so why would Trump do this?

When Trump poses a sting he makes sure he sets the scenario up so that he can't lose so here are three things I've come up with that turn to his benefit

1. Firing Comey is a because you get rid of a potential trouble maker as well as making the Democrats look like fools for flip-flopping on getting rid of him

2. Like I said he turns the literally putin conspiracy theorists loose on a wild goose chase keeping them preoccupied on that dead end

3. Last and most important Trump's biggest potential enemy in Washington that has real power over him is the FBI

What's been the biggest problem in his administration and every other dministration before him... leaks(expecially from the FBI)

So my theory is it's a setup

Trump can fire any of the management administration (if memory serves at for any reason at any time) only the unionized workers have real job protections

So the guy who's taking over for Comey is a dem hack/patsy who's been purposefully allowed to keep the job in order to ferret out potential leakers in the FBI in order to isolate those people and get rid of them

At least that's my thinking as of this second

Because Comey sucks at his job and it's simply time for him to go.

Jack Carter - 

first post nails it

Jack Carter -

I agree but there may be more to the story than that

cruedi -
Jack Carter - 

first post nails it
I agree comey sucks but why would you get rid of him and replace him with someone who is a known Democrat partisan who would be worse than comey?

Trump said in an interview he was going to fire him all along so why wouldn't you just do it under the cover of a fresh start in new administration why wait months into the job and do it on day before the Russian foreign minister comes to Washington?

That timing wasn't happenstance

Jack Carter -

It's crazy that over the weekend Comey was an incompetent idiot that couldn't do anything right. He fucked Hilary and cost her the election with investigations into nothing. Then Tuesday he was canned because he had Trump dead to rights and was going to take him down. It's amazing what 24 hours and one move by Trump can do about how democrats feel about them. 

Partisanship aside for a minute. If you objectively look at Comey's behavior during the Clinton email investigation, and factor in the Russian interference investigation which seems to be producing nothing of substance..... It seems to me like Comey was playing old school J Edgar Hoover power games.

There's going to obviously be more to the story than what is going to be stated publicly, but whatever the fuck he did /was doing caused Rosenstein to do a double take. Everything that's known about Rosenstein, leads me to believe he's probably the most trustworthy person in this entire mess.

FirstScratch - Partisanship aside for a minute. If you objectively look at Comey's behavior during the Clinton email investigation, and factor in the Russian interference investigation which seems to be producing nothing of substance..... It seems to me like Comey was playing old school J Edgar Hoover power games.

There's going to obviously be more to the story than what is going to be stated publicly, but whatever the fuck he did /was doing caused Rosenstein to do a double take. Everything that's known about Rosenstein, leads me to believe he's probably the most trustworthy person in this entire mess.
It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out

toelocku - So this firing was confusing timing and was thinking today what the deal was so here goes...

I don't care that liberals call Trump a clown or Dorito Hitler; yes it's true he's not a policy wonk but he is a smooth operator

Trump knows firing Comey will send the muh Russia conspiracy derps into maximum meltdown and it's not like this stops the investigation anyway and if anything his replacement is worse

Comey has told Trump three times he's not under investigation so why would Trump do this?

When Trump poses a sting he makes sure he sets the scenario up so that he can't lose so here are three things I've come up with that turn to his benefit

1. Firing Comey is a because you get rid of a potential trouble maker as well as making the Democrats look like fools for flip-flopping on getting rid of him

2. Like I said he turns the literally putin conspiracy theorists loose on a wild goose chase keeping them preoccupied on that dead end

3. Last and most important Trump's biggest potential enemy in Washington that has real power over him is the FBI

What's been the biggest problem in his administration and every other dministration before him... leaks(expecially from the FBI)

So my theory is it's a setup

Trump can fire any of the management administration (if memory serves at for any reason at any time) only the unionized workers have real job protections

So the guy who's taking over for Comey is a dem hack/patsy who's been purposefully allowed to keep the job in order to ferret out potential leakers in the FBI in order to isolate those people and get rid of them

At least that's my thinking as of this second

This actually makes sense but of course theres no proof so we'll probably never know. I have to say i have no clue if all this deep state stuff is real or how politicized the fbi/cia is.

Yeah Comey was awful, yet the enttire FBI and intelligence community respects him and thinks he's solid. Ok. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Dude had a JD from U of Chicago. Will probably get an Of Counsel g if with a major law firm making 7 figures. I dont think he's too hurt over the whole thing.

LOL Trump supporters straining to come up with convoluted theories as to why Comey's firing was some kind of strategic masterstroke.

Comey was probably done as soon as Trump commented when they met that Comey had "become more famous than me". That's too much for Trump's ego to handle. He's like the soap opera actress that tries to get the new girl fired when she attracts attention.

banco - LOL Trump supporters straining to come up with convoluted theories as to why Comey's firing was some kind of strategic masterstroke.

Comey was probably done as soon as Trump commented when they met that Comey had "become more famous than me". That's too much for Trump's ego to handle. He's like the soap opera actress that tries to get the new girl fired when she attracts attention.

The epic irony of these two statements.....

My God.................

It's epic.......

Jack Carter - 

banco - LOL Trump supporters straining to come up with convoluted theories as to why Comey's firing was some kind of strategic masterstroke.

My God.................

It's epic.......

Speaking of irony Jack, as a lower middle class white guy whose life hasn't gone to plan you could be the Trump voter from central casting.

EFM - Yeah Comey was awful, yet the enttire FBI and intelligence community respects him and thinks he's solid. Ok. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Dude had a JD from U of Chicago. Will probably get an Of Counsel g if with a major law firm making 7 figures. I dont think he's too hurt over the whole thing.
^

EFM - Yeah Comey was awful, yet the enttire FBI and intelligence community respects him and thinks he's solid. Ok. Keep drinking the kool aid.

If only the entire fbi and intelligence community would come to the OG for some clarity

banco -
Jack Carter - 

My God.................

It's epic.......

Speaking of irony Jack, as a lower middle class white guy whose life hasn't gone to plan you could be the Trump voter from central casting.
And he went for the personal attack.

There i some Kool Aid being drunk here. Comey didn't come up in the FBI, he was just some lawyer with a few years of experience as a prosecutor that was put in charge of them. The rank and file FBI guys were in damn near open revolt against him over the way he covered up the Hillary/Weiner misconduct. The only reason he re-opened the Hillary investigation was because they were threatening to leak the info before the election. He re-opened the investigation (and then closed it) to attempt to soften the blow. His ethical flexibility makes him useful to the other Intelligence agencies, but I think "respect" might be a reach.