FBI confirms the deadly costs of a ‘War on Cops’

http://nypost.com/2017/05/07/fbi-confirms-the-deadly-costs-of-a-war-on-cops/

A new FBI report finds that the “War on Cops” is real and has deadly consequences.

Undertaken last year after a spate of cop-killings around the nation, the study confirms that areas across the nation have seen “de-policing” in the wake of protests that political leaders seemed to support.

“Law enforcement not only felt that their national political leaders [publicly] stood against them, but also that the politicians’ words and actions signified that disrespect to law enforcement was acceptable in the aftermath of the [Michael] Brown shooting,” the study notes.

The Assailant Study — Mindsets and Behaviors” examines the men behind 50 cop-killings last year. Most of the perps were simply looking to avoid arrest, but a full 28 percent actively hated police and desired to “kill law enforcement.”

Several, including the killers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, were clearly inspired by the protests that began in Ferguson, Mo.

Nor does the role of movements like Black Lives Matter end there: A number of the killers, the FBI found, were more willing to use deadly force because they believed they were less likely to pay a heavy price for it in the new environment. And, in fact, the study notes that officers across the country report a withdrawal from proactive policing.

In short, the FBI has again proved the Manhattan Institute’s Heather Mac Donald right. She’s spent the last two years describing this dynamic, stating (for example), “Chicago is Exhibit A in what happens when the police back off from enforcing public order, having been told that maintaining control of the streets constitutes racial oppression.”

To be clear, neither Mac Donald nor the study blame everything on Black Lives Matter. Of the 50 cop-killers, 24 were white, 30 had histories of drug abuse and 22 had records of domestic violence.

You mean if you start calling cops racist overzealous murderers and their leaders don't have their back things get worse? No way! 

Adonis RNA -

But the FBI is fake news?

Give it a rest...

New Yorkers are lucky that the NYPD has adapted to the new reality without "de-policing." The department continues to bring crime down -- April was another record month for safety in the city.
^ I don't think this is the result the OG is looking for.

The "deadly cost" is supposed be increased crime, in general.

THANKS OBAMA

It's like the FBI just discovered what the Blue Flu is. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out, nor does it take a genius to see it. 

Windfall -
New Yorkers are lucky that the NYPD has adapted to the new reality without "de-policing." The department continues to bring crime down -- April was another record month for safety in the city.
^ I don"t think this is the result the OG is looking for.

NYC is probably the safest big city in America as long as you don't live in the Bronx and has been getting safer year after year for a while now. It's a densely populated and very expensive city with some of the highest incomes in the world and a high percentage of white collar professionals. That is why it's safe.

I also think the NYPD knows that most protesters in a world alpha city like NYC are kids or losers, so probably doesn't effect their policies and procedures as much as police in Louisville, KY.

Triple_B - 
Windfall -

NYC is probably the safest big city in America as long as you don't live in the Bronx and has been getting safer year after year for a while now. It's a densely populated and very expensive city with some of the highest incomes in the world and a high percentage of white collar professionals. That is why it's safe.

I also think the NYPD knows that most protesters in a world alpha city like NYC are kids or losers, so probably doesn't effect their policies and procedures as much as police in Louisville, KY.

Sure, just saying, the thread title: FBI confirms the deadly costs of a 'War on Cops' - most people opening this thread, are looking for verification, that the War on Cops, has led to more civilians killing each other, due to lack of police presence.

That's what I was looking for, when I opened the thread.

Windfall -
Triple_B - 
Windfall -

Sure, just saying, the thread title: FBI confirms the deadly costs of a 'War on Cops' - most people opening this thread, are looking for verification, that the War on Cops, has led to more civilians killing each other, due to lack of police presence.

That's what I was looking for, when I opened the thread.

That's one city and the author is attempting objectivity.  Examples of the "deadly cost" are given throughout the article. It's a bit odd you are latching onto that one detail.

With the current climate and attitudes, none of this is going to get better either.

sparkyman - With the current climate and attitudes, none of this is going to get better either.

of course not, that would be racists