FCFF Rumble @ Roseland results

Full recap coming, but for now, here are the quick results:

Cody Bras def Jason Berger TKO gnp r1 2:39

Jeremiah Bitz def Dwayne Brittle ankle lock r1 1:32

Barry Holmes def Carl Hendrickson unanimous dec

Mike Vega def Andrew Williams TKO punches r1 1:19

Keisuke Andrew def Jesse Hamm KO gnp r1 1:45

Loyal Neumann def Bryan Brittle guillotine r1 4:36

Wayne Miller def Darrell Cutler gnp tapout r1 2:00?

Josh Bennett def Kyle Keeney majority dec

Ian Loveland def Jason Georgianna gnp tko r1 2:55

Cody Bras def Jason Berger TKO gnp r1 2:39
both guys fought aggressively as they had a couple wild exchanges early. Bras threw a lot of knees in the clinch, and nearly scored a rear naked choke at one point, but finished with ground and pound.

Jeremiah Bitz def Dwayne Brittle ankle lock r1 1:32
Brittle gets the initial takedown, but Bitz goes for an armbar...Brittle stands up to escape the armbar, and starts to lock on a standing ankle lock. He drops to his back attempting to finish the sub, and in the process Bitz gets Brittle's ankle and they play footsies for a bit, but it was Bitz who sunk his ankle lock, and Brittle tapped out.

Barry Holmes def Carl Hendrickson unanimous dec
This was a good action fight! Holmes kept getting Hendrickson in headlocks and did spend a significant portion of the fight on top, but other than that it was Hendrickson with more strikes standing, more submission attempts, more ground and pound, and a nice slam as well. I would have gone the other way with the decision, but it was close for sure I just felt Hendrickson was closer to finishing the fight and did more damage, even if Holmes was on top more often.

Mike Vega def Andrew Williams TKO punches r1 1:19
As advertised both guys came ready to stand and slug as if it were a streetfight! It made for quite an entertaining fight. Vega was the shorter of the two but used a terrific lunging jab to close the gap, and then followed with wild looping hooks. He caught Williams clean several times with wild haymakers. Vega tired quickly, but still was able to close the show with heavy bombs. Williams showed a good chin.

Keisuke Andrew def Jesse Hamm KO gnp r1 1:45
Hamm rushed in and Keisuke quickly changed levels for the takedown. Keisuke then worked his way to mount and began punishing Hamm with gnp. Didn't take long before Keisuke started landing big, clean shots, and the fight had to be stopped. I'm not sure if Hamm was out cold, but he was down and in obvious pain for quite some time, and it was announced as a KO. Very impressive showing for Andrew who could be a force.

Loyal Neumann def Bryan Brittle guillotine r1 4:36
I had seen Neumann a couple times before, but this was by far his most impressive showing that I've seen. He was very aggressive and a bit wild with his strikes. He tried flying knees, high kicks, wild haymakers, a bit of everything. He also threw a ton of knees to the head from the clinch, Vanderlei Silva style. The fight went to the ground briefly but didn't stay there long. Brittle landed one good punch that backed up Loyal, but otherwise it was all Neumann. He eventually finished with a guillotine choke.

Wayne Miller def Darrell Cutler gnp tapout r1 2:00?
Miller landed 1 good punch standing before taking the fight to the mat. Cutler had a near armbar, but Miller slammed his way out of it and followed up with some heavy ground and pound. Cutler tapped out about 2 minutes in as he was taking a lot of shots.

Josh Bennett def Kyle Keeney majority dec
Round 1 Bennett had the early edge with more effective boxing, but late in the round Keeney landed the 2 best punches of the round. Most of the round was spent boxing though they do go to the mat briefly. Very close round could have gone either way. Round 2 was ALL Keeney. Bennett was clearly tired coming out for the 2nd and Keeney looked fresh. Keeney landed lots of punches in the round, mostly hovering over Bennett who was on all fours. Both guys showed a good beard in this one as both landed heavy shots and neither ever appeared hurt. The real difference seemed to be that Bennett tired early and Keeney really took over. The crowed booed heavily as Bennett was announced the winner, and I'm going to agree with the crowd on this one...I can't see any circumstance where Bennett wins. I can see a draw if you give Bennett round 1 and Keeney round 2, but I had Keeney winning both rounds, and the 2nd in dominant fashion. 2 judges had it for Bennett, the other had it a draw. (for the record I was rooting for Bennett, but I felt Keeney clearly won.)

Ian Loveland def Jason Georgianna gnp tko r1 2:55
Man was Loveland ever impressive here! He quickly took Georgianna to the mat, and the entire 3 minutes of this fight was spent with Loveland hovering over Georgianna, landing huge bombs. Georgianna was trying to use his legs to keep Loveland at a distance, but Ian kept tossing his legs aside and landing heavy leather. Georgianna was all busted up by the time the fight was mercifully stopped almost 3 minutes in. Georgianna showed heart as I don't beleive he tapped out, and he took a LOT of punishment in that 3 minute span.

The night ended in anticlimactic fashion, as Larry "Pup" Vandervort showed up for weigh ins and the rules meeting, but was nowhere to be seen come fight time. I can't say I blame him for being afraid of Delon, but if you're not going to fight, don't sign the contract. Pup has a reputation for no shows in the past, guess we found out why the hard way tonight.

Ian is definitely a tough bastard. I thought this was his most impressive showing yet, as Georgianna came in with a big reputation, training with Olaf. And Ian just shut him down COMPLETELY.

Thanks!

i diasgreed with the decisions

keeney was clearly beating bennett all through the second round

hendrikson won the fight IMHO, he was in mount nmost of the time, he had more subattempts, all the other fighter did was hold him in the guillotine or the bully choke.

miller tapped to the armbar from cutler, since the ref didnt stop it he kept going, some more bad reffing there.

ian punished that guy from cali. im looking forward to seeing that kid fight some more.

i gotta say standing the fighters up when one fighter is in the mount is kinda bullshit.

"miller tapped to the armbar from cutler, since the ref didnt stop it he kept going, some more bad reffing there. "

I didn't see a tap there, but you're not the only one who thinks they saw one.

"i gotta say standing the fighters up when one fighter is in the mount is kinda bullshit."

They definitely favor quick standups in the FCFF, but the fighters should know that by now and should change their gameplan accordingly. The fans want action, and the FCFF wants the give the fans what they want. So if there's not much action on the ground, no matter what position they're in, they'll stand them up pretty quick.

Thanks for the recap.

TH

people were giving me grief about the tap to the armbar but then some other guys saw it to, miller tapped like 3 times and the ref missed it. oh well.