FDA seeks to ban trans fat

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4232871

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm372915.htm

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/health/fda-trans-fats.html?q=fda%20trans%20fat%20ban&oq=fda%20trans%20fat%20ban&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0i22i30.8515.18944.0.19533.12.10.0.2.2.0.255.1916.0j6j4.10.0....0...1c.1.31.mobile-gws-serp..1.11.1904.XOLdZuNoBd8 Phone Post 3.0

Don't take my margarine away!! Phone Post 3.0

Corporations have the right to poison us. 'murica fuck yea!

i'm actually ok with the FDA doing something like this as opposed to the mayor of NYC.

at least the FDA is in the business of regulating food.

Cbass - 
juszczec - i'm actually ok with the FDA doing something like this as opposed to the mayor of NYC.

at least the FDA is in the business of regulating food.

Wrong.. The FDA is in the business of making money and will approve of any poison if they get paid enough Phone Post 3.0

ok - how about this. the fda's business is food. the mayor of NYC's business should be running NYC not what its residents eat.

and frankly, with all the information that's out there talking about what you should eat, what you shouldn't eat and blah blah blah if you're eating too many trans fats then nothing - not the mayor, not the Fed - is gonna stop you

disbeliever - I don't understand how things like this get passed through, but yet cigs and booze are still out there legally.

Basically, how are you going to ban one thing bad for you, and not everything? If not everything bad for you, let people eat shit if they want to and die early.

Just using the examples of booze and cigs, they're regulated and you need to be over 18 to buy or use. So as an adult you're making a decision.

Things like donuts are marketed to kids with trans fats, putting them on the road to type II diabetes etc before they're old enough to understand.

The market has already responded to demand by eliminating 75% of trans fats. The government will ban the remaining 25% that's in food everyone knows to be bad for them, then take credit for "responding to the will of the people."

Good, that shit is awful.

I'm sick of the asshole food companies being able to write "0 grams Trans Fat!" on their packages, then listing hydrogenated oil in the ingredients. They reduce the serving size enough that the trans fat amounts to less than 1 gram, thus 0 grams.

My wife recently went to Aldi for the first time & brought a bunch of cheap food back. Almost everything she got had trans fat, even stuff you wouldn't expect it in. I'm giving it all away for holiday food drives.

disbeliever - I don't understand how things like this get passed through, but yet cigs and booze are still out there legally.

Basically, how are you going to ban one thing bad for you, and not everything? If not everything bad for you, let people eat shit if they want to and die early.

alcohol has health benefits when used in moderation.