Fedor: An Observation

Fedor is obviously the best right now.How can anyone question that.

"Mirko was number 1 heavyweight this year, with a strong showing by Barnett and Nog. Fedor didn't do shit all year..."

So the guy who has beaten the best in the world to be able to wear a title belt has to CONSTANTLY prove himself? No the point of becoming champion is to fight ALOT less often for ALOT more money. The guys climbing the ladder have to prove themselves, not the guy at the top.

"Mirko was number 1 heavyweight this year, with a strong showing by Barnett and Nog. Fedor didn't do shit all year... "

And neither Mirko nor Barnett wanted to fight Fedor on NYE. Mirko because of injury (same excuse Fedor had for not fighting earlier, if you don't consider it valid for Fedor you can't consider it valid for Crocop either), Barnett because he was tired (though not too tired to fight Nog). So, how is it Fedor's fault that none of them wanted to fight him?

Besides, Hunt is a top ten heavyweight who did beat the number two guy (Crocop). And who'd beaten Silva too. Not that bad a resume actually.

"I have broke a toe before it does hurt alot but you are always walking on it anyways"

You broke your BIG toe and then competed in Football, wrestling, or MMA or some other sport that requires alot of footwork/pushing off with the big toe for thrust?

Big toe is much worse than any other toe to break, and walking around chewing gum NOT the same as training for and then fighting a fight with a broken toe.

all great points...some points not so great...Im just tired of people saying Fedor is ducking Crocop...lol...it gets old...I just have to remind myself Im probably arguing with a 16 year old...lol...

I say Fedor Vs Barnett is the next big fight...Fedor will not have the same gameplan he had against Hunt...if he does there is a good possibility he will lose...I expect Fedor will come out with a great game plan for Barnett.

everyone says he ducked the number one contender....but he fought mark hunt who beat the number 1 contender...so i dnt c y all the complaining is coming out of u guys..cro-cop did not want to fight fedor at shockwave cuz he wasnt completely healed

Go easy on the cheese there, buddy.

Exactly Wandyfan86...I seriously doubt any professional fighter ducks another fighter...that is just fans talking crap about there favorite fighters foes...If we are all patient and everything goes as planned(Fedor remains champion, and Mirko does well in UFC Im sure they will rematch).....

I have a hard time thinking that Fedor is afraid of Mirko...and vice versa...

I think Big Tim wins a decision against Fedor much the same way he beat Monson. Just because of his size.

"Fedor shouldnt make excuses when Hunt gave him a good run."

Fedor made no excuses what so ever. I simply stated fighting with a broken toe is pretty fucking tough. Say what you want about adrenaline, but when you go to rotate heavily throwing a punch or using a hip throw you are going to be affected by that toe. As for staying in shape, bullshit, you can ride a bike, but timing for throws alot of clinch work and alot of boxing are right in the shitter.

So Chuck looked better beating a lesser fighter and taking a longer time to do it? Pretty inconsequential. Both guys were hurt and both guys closed the show. Both guys are true chmps.

A torn ACL is VERY relative to how torn it is. I have had a 50% ACL tear for 17 years. Doctors always wait for a full blowout on partial tears unless you want to go ahead and recoup from Reconstructive surgery, since operation is the same for both. I have no doubt Chuck has a worse tear and wants to get it fixed asap.  Also tearing one ACL it is definitely possible to function with good leg musculature and the right gameplan. I could be wrong, but anyone who watched Chuck fight already knows which ACL he tore.  He had the perfect plan and the perfect opponent to compete with that injury.

BOTH guys are great champs, silly to compare performances when both guys fought top comp with detrimental injuries.

Fedor needs to defend his title against top 10 HW's. Anyone could easily say Sylvia is best HW too

"Fedor needs to defend his title against top 10 HW's. Anyone could easily say Sylvia is best HW too"

Yeah I mean Hunt only knocked Mirko from one end of the ring to the other. And Fedor has only defended against Nog, Mirko, and now Hunt. What a ducker!!

And big tim did beat up a blown up Lht hvy in a display of absolute mantastic stall and (brawl?) brilliance in a dreamy 5 rounder.

People can easily say anything, proving, backing up or it being true are worlds apart from that though.

"Here's an observation: The guy needs an f'ing guard."

Yeah the lack there of has certainly costed him in the ring so far.............

Here's an observation - every time anyone has been in Fedor's guard, they've been in an armbar in less than a minute, and Fedor has taken almost no damage.

It seems only keyboard warriors and bjj bluebelts think Fedor is ducking Crocop. It must be true because everyone knows that bjj bluebelts are the most deadly and knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to grappling/fighting.

Fact:

Fedor is still #1 fighter in MMA.

"Hasn't he deserved the right to get surgery and nurse his injuries?"

Exactly.

Crocop is great and all, #2 HW or at least #3 HW, but Fedor has already defeated him.

"Now, you guys can ride the crest of the Nog decision wins all you like, but it doesn't mean a damn thing to me, and it certainly makes you appear as if you're absolutely without an argument."

I think you mean decisionS. Well if he is almost ALWAYS on top, ALWAYS gets out from being on bottom, and does submit a couple guys from guard for the whole 40 seconds I have ever seen him using his guard, how exactly can you say he needs a guard. I have not seen it other than armbar flashes, maybe you have seen his guard?

Well Since his guard is so terrible I guess he is going to have to "hide out" in the HW division forever. Maybe one of these great submission guys will get a top ranking so they can "expose" Fedor. They just seem to lose on the way up to lesser fighters to do it.

"Now, you guys can ride the crest of the Nog decision wins all you like, but it doesn't mean a damn thing to me, and it certainly makes you appear as if you're absolutely without an argument."

I actually have the BEST arguement, his results speak for themselves where you dont give any argument, just what could be construed as a little BJJ venom for a non BJJ guy.

"Fedor is the #1 HW in the world and yes he has ducked fights. He wouldn't fight Sapp saying he was too big and he stalled fighting Nog for about 6 months. "

Fedor fought Nog 3 times and owned him each time. Why would he be ducking him?

Does anybody seriously think Fedor would not fight Sapp? I think Sapp today would never agree to fight Fedor.

"He wouldn't fight Sapp saying he was too big and he stalled fighting Nog for about 6 months."

ROFL! I'd love to see a source on this load...

Let me guess: your neighbours granny's friend who is a close personal friend of Warren Sapp's postman...