Fedor at 205

I know it won't ever happen, but I'd would love to see Fedor drop down to 205 with his strength and talent I don't see anyone that could touch him. What do you guys think.

Original thread is original.

Monsters Ball - I would just like to see him anywhere fighting at any weight.

I believe I'd have to agree with that also lol

While on the surface youd think he'd be a nightmare that walks like a man at 205, consider this:

The hoops he'd have to jump through to make sure he lost the weight after NEVER having to cut for 10+ years as well as the increase in skill and speed of the 205ers would make it at the very least as difficult if not more for him than HW is.

That doesnt at all take away from the accomplishment of RULING THE SPORT as a 6'0 230lb HW, but thats still my honest opinion and as a huge fan.

Think about it, there are no guys at 205 at the top levels with the major holes in their game that Lesnar/Rogers/Carwin types have.

Fedor could absolutely ragdoll guys like Shogun, Machida, Mo Lawal, etc. But at the same time he could also have a really shitty night if they play their cards right and use strategy to keep him guessing and have to pursue them.

I also see no reason why Fedor would have any incentive whether financial or competitiveness to want to drop down after 10 years at the top of HW and still being a top 5 athlete in that division.

Yoshida4Life - 
HELWIG - 
That doesnt at all take away from the accomplishment of RULING THE SPORT as a 6'0 230lb HW, but thats still my honest opinion and as a huge fan.

Good post, Helwig.
Let me just add a couple of things here to strengthen the point you are making.
Some people who have met Fedor put his height closer to 5'11'' or even 5'10''.
It is fascinating that such a small heavyweight can rule the sport while being as aggressive as he is. This is no lay and pray, stall for points fighter. He is all risk-taking action and pressure on the opponent.

Yup. When I met him I couldn't believe it was him. No way would the baddest man alive be that small.

lol Fedor would be too small for 205

I'd definitely love see a Fedor vs Jon Jones bout, but at this point that seems like thinking about how awesome it would be if someone just dropped keys to an Aston Martin in my lap would be less of a waste of energy.