fedor didnt grab the ropes idiots.

fedor did touch the top rope. he never had a full grip on the ropes at any time and the argument that he used it to throw matt lindland is just idiotic considering the momentum of the slam reversal that was executed. matt was out classed by a better fighter. hes sad that he was embarassed in every aspect of the fight game. matt just isnt what i thought hed be. i actually respected matt lindland. i thought he was maybe lackluster or, and i hate to use the word, "boring", but he had undeniable skills that won him fights. he should have been honored to even step foot in the cage with fedor. fedor has never in my eyes been even remotely associated with being a dirty fighter.

You need to watch the video again, he grabbed it on several occassions

yes he did

i see what you are saying but if you notice how shrt the gif is that usually means it was a very brief grabbing and letting go. fedor isnt a cheater. it may have just been instinct then they "hey, i cant do that realization". if you believe hes human. =) j/k

Wow that gif is great! Lindland really had something going there. Check out how his back was agasint the ropes! He was about to slam Fedor on his head! Look at how hard Fedor grabbed the ropes, his arm is straight out and he is holding on for his life!

no question he grabbed the ropes.

i think he would've won anyway, but he clearly grabbed the ropes.

People! He grabbed the ropes! A good indicator is the ref yelling at him to
"let go of the rope" before he finally slapped Fedor's hand to make him let
go. It doesn't make him a bad person, but he did break the rules. Who
knows what would have happened had Matt landed on top. Quit your nut
kissing.

This is the first of several grabs, but not the grab during Lindlands takedown attempt. Lindland had Fedor lifted off the ground when he grabbed the ropes in order to reverse the takedown. Not saying it played a roll in the outcome, because really none of us know what would have happened. But he did clearly grab the ropes and the commentators mentioned also.

that is kinda a bull shit gif. what did that stop matt from doing to him? hump his leg? back suplex him outta the ring? c'mon dude.

"This is the first of several grabs, but not the grab during Lindlands takedown attempt"

No, its the only grab, that last for 4/10 of a second, and that didn't stop a takedown then, and had no impact on the counter throw that happend 10 seconds later.

orcus has trolled the forum beautifully over this.

"had no impact on the counter throw that happend 10 seconds later."

Except in the sense that if he hadn't grabbed the ropes to prevent from being moved toward the center, he might not have been in a position for the counterthrow later.

Odd that all these "it's instinct" arguments don't really apply to these two occasions, in which Fedor is not falling backwards but instead being carried AWAY from the ropes -- he is actually (in both cases) reaching FORWARD for the ropes, not to "instinctively" break a fall, but to keep from being carried away and taken down.

Man, all that grabbing did was stop Matt from KOing himself AGAIN from a Suplex.

Or are you Idiots gonna tell me a GRECO Guy was gonna Sweep a world Class Sambist with his Bodylock. What Takedown was he gonna just finish Fedor with? An Ear Bite like he did in the Olympics?

Fucking Cry babies. Use some common Sense.

not actually grab with his hands but used his elbow outside the ropes to defend the takedown

He grabbed the ropes and hooked the top rope with his arm. He had the top rope tucked up under is armpit for almost the entire time Matt had those underhooks on him.

The ref tells him to let go of the ropes at least 4 times. That is all the proof you need. The ref has the best vantage point. If he says you are grabbing the ropes you are grabbing the ropes!

so what if he grabbed the ropes ? The ropes didnt help Fedor with his throw or armbar Quit crying

aww the poor wil baby thinks the wope gwabbin cost his hero the fight ? not the armbar or throw ?

"Except in the sense that if he hadn't grabbed the ropes to prevent from being moved toward the center, he might not have been in a position for the counterthrow later."

If Lindland had hit Fedor on the chin, he might have KO'ed.

If Fedor would have stuck with the ankle lock, Matt might have got top position.

Your whole bullshit argument is full of "ifs", "might have's" and "maybes".

You can't even proved that it impacted the fight in any way, and then you are further going from there and creating your own scenarios as to how the fight would have played out.

Answer me this, orcus of hate, had the roles been reversed, had Lindland been pushed into the ropes and grabbed them briefly, would you have even posted a single thought on the subject? I'm guessing:No chance in hell.

The punishment for the first time you grab the ropes is a warning. Fedor got his warning and proceeded to outclass Lindland on the ground.

Has anybody ever actually gotten a 1 point deduction for holding the ropes?

"had the roles been reversed, had Lindland been pushed into the ropes and grabbed them briefly, would you have even posted a single thought on the subject? I'm guessing:No chance in hell."

Do you mean if, for example, Fedor had spent 30 seconds working to get Lindland down while Matt kept grabbing the ropes, draping his arm over them, making effort to reach forward and "rest his hand on them", and at least once actually inarguably grabbing them, and eventually Matt ended up on top and, say, worsened that cut for the stoppage? Yes, you'd have seen some posts from me. And I guarantee you'd have seen more from the Fedor apologists, since there is infinitely more Lindland hate than Fedor hate here.

Sadyv: Do you think that, were it not for all the rope bullshit, Lindland would have gotten that takedown? Is that farfetched? He's a world-class level greco wrestler; he had a full bodylock; he had Fedor completely off his feet at least twice; Fedor has been taken down by Arona, Coleman, Randleman, Nogueira, and Hunt (sort of), not one of whom has anywhere near the takedown credentials Lindland has (Coleman comes closest, and in their first fight, he had two takedowns in the span of minutes and would have had the second much quicker if Fedor hadn't grabbed the ropes).

Is that a crazy scenario I'm "creating" there?

"orcus of hate,"

lol, find some evidence of this "hate". The worst I've ever said about Fedor is that he hasn't finished anybody good (he has now, finally) and that he hasn't fought the best during his four year title reign. Neither of those are even opinions, much less "hate". On the other hand, I've said he's the best pound for pound fighter in MMA history and should be the heavy favorite to beat anyone he fights.

"Do you mean if, for example, Fedor had spent 30 seconds working to get Lindland down while Matt kept grabbing the ropes, "

He grabbed the ropes ONE time.

He avoided hooking his arm around the ropes the entire time.

Sorry, but you talked bullshit after the Crocop fight, so I really don't believe you'd be up in arms if the roles were reversed. You were looking and hoping for a Fedor loss, and have got your panties in a bunch that it didn't happen.

"mpletely off his feet at least twice; Fedor has been taken down by Arona, Coleman, Randleman, Nogueira, and Hunt (sort of), not one of whom has anywhere near the takedown credentials Lindland has"

Fujita lifted FEdor over his head and slammed him but didn't finish the takedown, so playing your game, its not guarantee Matt would have, and in fact didn't, as Matt was doing exactly what he wanted when he got hit with the counter throw.

And Randleman and Coleman are much stronger takedown men in MMA than Lindland, and would likely put him on his back in a fight. Arona would be a toss up as well.