fedor didnt grab the ropes idiots.

I just watched the entire video again & it's 100% clear that Fedor did not grab the ropes at all.

Lindland got tooled real bad.

He grabbed the ropes ONE time.

No he did not. Not even once.

i don't think fedor was worried about being taken down by coleman or randleman...as evidenced by how quickly they were reversed. if i recall correctly, noguiera only managed to take down (or reverse?) fedor like 10 seconds before the round ended...fedor may have just given it up because it didn't matter. the only one i'll give is arona, but that was a long time ago and doesn't really hold any weight anymore.

WTF? What fight are you people watching?
4:48 rope grab right hand
4:44 Fedor is hooking the rope with his right upper arm, ref tells him to let go
4:41 Ref succeeds in getting Fedor to let go with his right arm, so he switches and grabs with his left hand
4:39 Ref steps away so Fedor hooks with his right arm again
4:35 Ref tells Fedor to let go again
4:34 Fedor lets go, Lindland lifts him off the ground, then Fedor grabs with his right hand again. Ref slaps his hand
4:33 Fedor reverse the throw.

The rope grabbing/hooking is obviously helping him stay up as the ropes are being pulled when Lindland tries to throw him.

Originally I though it did not make a difference but I have changed my mind. Lindland was pushing Fedor straight back and Fedor was unable to resist him. Grabbing with his right hand slowed that side down, enabling him to turn to his left, thus getting the takedown. Fedor did not have the base to do that without the grab.

Didn't realize so many people had lying eyes. He clearly grabbed the ropes. It did create an advantage. I think Fedor wins 99/100, maybe 99.5/100 grabe or no grab, but the truth is the thruth.

4:48 rope grab right hand

Nope, his fist never clenched around the rope. The bottom of his palm was resting on the rope and his hand partially clenched air. At most his fingertips had contact with the rope, but in no way was he actually grabbing the rope.

4:44 Fedor is hooking the rope with his right upper arm

LMFAO @ this troll.

Fedor was being pushed into the ropes. The only way Fedor could avoid getting his arm not to go over the ropes at that point would be to keep his arm above his head which is ridiculous.

Again, Lindland was pushing Fedor into the ropes and he had no choice but to put his arm over the ropes.

The entire time Lindland was going for the take-down & pushing Fedor into the ropes, Fedor was focusing on not grabbing the ropes which he succeeded in doing completely. Still Fedor reversed a take down and whooped his ass

4:39 Ref steps away so Fedor hooks with his right arm again

LOL. Lindland was still pushing Fedor into the ropes and the entire segment was Fedor trying to AVOID grabbing the ropes which he clearly did successfully.

You are a pathetic lying troll

LOL. Your grainy 12-frame GIF is shit. Keep basing your opinion on it because it's providing me with much amusement.

The actual video shows that was not a rope grab.

You're easily sold my naive friend. I don't even think you're trolling. What a shame.

You accuse Fedor of being an air clencher? In a non-title fight?

No, I accused Fedor of winning only because he HAD to access home town help. Oh wait, was that something I said or was that something the self-proclaimed "Fedor guy", StretchPlum said?

"And Randleman and Coleman are much stronger takedown men in MMA than Lindland, and would likely put him on his back in a fight. Arona would be a toss up as well."

Neither Arona nor Randleman came close to taking down Rampage, while Lindland did several times. And I don't see what arguing whether or not those guys could take down Lindland has to do with whether or not Lindland could take down Fedor.

"Sorry, but you talked bullshit after the Crocop fight,"

I did? What did I say? If I remember right, I made a post saying that while it was clear to any sane person that Fedor won that fight, using the common lame argument here that "UNDER PRIDE RULES so and so would have won" or "PRIDE RULES are so superior because they reward effort to finish blah blah blah", that a good case could be made for saying Crocop deserved the decision under those Pride criteria. I still feel that way.

"Your grainy 12-frame GIF is shit."

How many frames do you need to show fingers closing over a rope?

aww da wil sore loser is cwiyin bout a wil wil tinee weenee wope gwab cost his big bad hewo da fight.Be real the rope grab didnt have shit to do with the armbar or the throw he grabbed it once ...crybaby

How many frames do you need to show fingers closing over a rope?

For you, you only need two fames with about 100 frames dropped in between.

first off Lindland wasnt doing shit with his bearhug except holding on .Secondly the rope didnt help Fedor get the throw or the armbar quit being a sore loser

this is the biggest crock of shit over a rope grab that had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight that any of us retards have ever seen. had fedor not grabbed the ropes what would have happened? lindland wouldve held fedor down and beat on him? subbed him? like big nog 3x? coleman 2x? randleman? tk? ogawa? youre so right. lindland had it in the bag until the ropes graze. were dicks everyone.