Fedor Emelianenko: “Fight with Lesnar interests me

smac 2.0 - Lesnar likely wins actually and all the fanboys will cry that the sport is dead.

It really just shows how early in the evolution the sport is. Good athletes with crossover skills can come to the sport and find themselves among the elite with very little experience.

in heavyweight only. if brock and fedor were similar sizes brock would have no chance. it's really only possible because with weight cutting brock is 50+ pounds heavier than fedor. if the weight classes were 206-230 and 231-265 most of the guys in mma would be fighting in the lower class.

smac 2.0 - Lesnar likely wins actually and all the fanboys will cry that the sport is dead.

It really just shows how early in the evolution the sport is. Good athletes with crossover skills can come to the sport and find themselves among the elite with very little experience.
I disagree on Lesnar taking this fight. 

But, I agree with your point about the sport being in it’s infancy and that it will see an influx of superior athletes.  But I do not think the dominance Lesnar demonstrated was simply because of his athletic superiority alone.  His size was also a major factor.  The heavyweight division has not been populated by many quality athletes who need to cut to meet the requirements.  Others that have stretched the size limit have had limited skills.  Abulatory men who are that size are usually playing in the NFL for millions.  As MMA gets more popular that division will see the greatest impact of a higher level of athletes.  /o:p

Also, who's to say it even goes to the ground?

Sure, Lesnar hits hard, but he telegraphed the one successful punch we've seen him throw in mma, and I see fedor planting him square on his ass in short order.

I think Lesnar has a ton of potential, but he's NOWHERE NEAR ready for Fedor, and may never be.

fedor loves fighting pro wrestlers

Lesnar would get tapped out in seconds.

Seriously; Do you really think Brock Lesnar is stronger than Hong Man Choi?

For the record, I think Choi would beat Lesnar too.

lol @ mollywhop

Fedor would take his heart so all Lesnar would be left with was a penis tattoo.

lol @ a worthy opponent

Dexter Morgan - Lesnar would get tapped out in seconds.

Seriously; Do you really think Brock Lesnar is stronger than Hong Man Choi?

For the record, I think Choi would beat Lesnar too.

Yes. Bigger doesn't mean stronger. Brock would have mopped the floor with Hong Man.

Fedor's a farce.

Slowestshot - Also, who's to say it even goes to the ground?

Sure, Lesnar hits hard, but he telegraphed the one successful punch we've seen him throw in mma, and I see fedor planting him square on his ass in short order.

I think Lesnar has a ton of potential, but he's NOWHERE NEAR ready for Fedor, and may never be.

Lesnar knocked down Frank Mir, too. Don't forget that. I don't see Fedor (or anyone) hurting Brock on the feet.

Gogoposta - Fedor's a farce.

LOL. 

Mad Xyientist - 
Gogoposta - Fedor's a farce.

LOL. 

Thanks, I thought this thread needed some levity.

Lesnar would get KO'd or armbarred. Short night for Fedor.

I hope Fedor wont duck Gonzaga if he goes to the UFC.

COOL_MO_D - Could this be lined up by UFC management as a potential second fight of a multi fight deal, designed to lure not only Fedor to the UFC, but set up the much anticipated match between him and Randy Couture?

And big Nog as possibly the final fight of the multi-fight deal?? Why doesn't Fedor just sign on the dotted line and do this.

Duncan Harcourt - 
Slowestshot - Also, who's to say it even goes to the ground?

Lesnar knocked down Frank Mir, too. Don't forget that. I don't see Fedor (or anyone) hurting Brock on the feet.

Lesnars chin hasnt even been tested yet, so how do you figure that at this point? the big bull neck dont mean he can take a punch without curling up in a fetal position.

Remember how sure everyone was when Cro Cop wasn going into the Gonzaga fight?

Remember what happened?  Jaws dropped.

Remember what happened when Cro Cop fought Kongo? 

I am the biggest fan of Fedor as anyone else, but Brock is proving himself...

Imagine if Brock suplexed Fedor, Randleman style?

OMFG

CRE< COLE - LOL I guarantee 80 percent of the UG would have to turn that fight off in the middle of it, Fedor profusely bleeding, refusing to quit constantly looking for that kimura or armbar off the bottom, even a sweep back to his feet where he was already dropped in the opening stanza by the fastest hands at Heavyweight.

Lesnar splashing around in Fedor's blood throwing hammerfist strikes like a toddler playing with fingerpaints, people in the crowd trying to avoid splashes like it's a Sea World show.

I just hope you guys know Fedor is safe over in Affliction where he can handpick opponents and then avoid the tough fights with the typical hand injury excuse he pulls everytime he wants to avoid a fight(OWGP his toe hurt?)

Tim Sylvia is the same guy Brock said he would double leg through the cage, now we know this is a distinct possibility if they were to fight and actually very probable and likely if the current cage was not modified similar to the NBA rims having to be modified for Shaq. Fedor's management let it be known before the Sylvia fight, that Tim was always looked at as an easy fight for Fedor and that a 4th fight with NOG was always something more worrisome to the camp, I know it seems strange but those guys work differently I mean some of you even call him a cyborg.

WHERE YOU LIVE AT MAN??? I need YOUR dope dealers number!!! thats some good shiiiiiieeeeettt ya smoking.

BillyRayChubbs - Remember how sure everyone was when Cro Cop wasn going into the Gonzaga fight?
Remember what happened? Jaws dropped.
Remember what happened when Cro Cop fought Kongo?
I am the biggest fan of Fedor as anyone else, but Brock is proving himself...
Imagine if Brock suplexed Fedor, Randleman style?
OMFG

Cro-cops also the biggest dumptruck, who choked in almost every big fight he's been in too.
not to say Lesnar wouldnt have a punchers chance (cause everyone does) but Crocop isnt Fedor caliber bro.

bad fight for brock lesnar or john cena

KnuckleBumps - Fedor likes to fight bigger guys and i think he sees Brock as one of the better (physically - not experience wise) bigger guys out there and wants that fight for that reason

Fedor is too quick for him and i think Brock would have serious trouble keeping up and fighting off a submission...

I like Brock. But like you said, Brock is nowhere near to challenge Fedor at this point. Brock still has a long way to go.