Fedor has around a 23% chance to win at the books

What do you think of the line? Bader -350.

Sadly I’d say that line is about right where it should be.

I think we can all agree we watch the sport because the favorites who should win don’t always win so there is always a chance your favorite underdogs can find a way to win.

Fedor finished a highly ranked HW in under two minutes in his last fight and his only loss in his last 5 was to Bader.

Would just be epic if at 46 years old with not much of his chin left if Fedor could find a way to win.

I wouldn’t bet any dead presidents on Fyodor.

But you bet your ass that I would like to see him win.

3 Likes

Fedor had about a 30% chance to win when the line closed for their first fight.

Was a slight dog heading into the Johnson and Mir fights.

Fun fact, when the line opened, Fedor was a 9-1 favorite over Werdum. He closed a 5-1 fav.

1 Like

It would be unwise to bet money on a 46 year old fighter. The body just can’t keep up with the mind.

Fedor is another guy who is too tough for his own good. He should be fighting another legend who’s around his age, as his final fight

1 Like

And Wedrum was a 10-1 favorite over JDS when the line opened. He closed a 6-1 favorite.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not talking about actually betting money on Fedor here, I’m just saying I think its a good line in that Fedor does have around a 20-25% chance to win here.

To me, the vig makes it a bad bet whether you take Fedor or Bader here but the people who only think Fedor has a 5% or 10% chance to win will be betting Bader here.

Personally, I’d like to think the current line reflects the reality of the situation.

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately that’s prob pretty accurate but never doubt that big overhand.

2 Likes

I got him earlier at -235 , at current odds I would not touch

Honestly the best value is betting against UK fighters. UK fans are beyond delusional and make for dream betting lines near closing.

Irish bettors are fairly dumb too and have kept them McGregor opponent lines around -200 instead of the true -400 they should have been.

1 Like

I would love for Fedor to win. Probably closer to a 5% chance. He’s old but I"ll be cheering for him.

1 Like

Fedor will probably lose but I bet on him anyway. My hope is that he doesn’t get ko’ed and judging will be biased because it’s his retirement fight.

I also never had the opportunity to bet on Fedor. I’ve been watching him since his Pride debut. I figured I needed to do this before he is retired. But yeah — I’m ready to lose my money.

Bader should probably be -400 or so.

Fedor turns 47 this year. He’s still a great athlete with blazing speed, but when he’s finally done, I’d like to hear about the injuries he’s carried for the last decade or so.

His grappling and submissions have mostly disappeared, so I imagine he acquired some injuries that make grappling difficult in camps. Now he relies on his hand speed and power, far from the wrecking machine that chained all kinds of attacks and moves together. Not so nuanced now.

I’ve noticed his gas tank has declined, but that’s probably just age. He used to swarm people and keep a pace that few people could withstand.

2 Likes