Fedor: I feel betrayed by PED users

The landscape has changed a bit since Fedor walked away from the fight game after defeating Pedro Rizzo in St. Petersburg back in 2012. In the day and age of exposing users of performance-enhancing drugs -- spearheaded, in large part, by the UFC -- Emelianenko sides with the idea of cleaning up the sport. Having spent a large portion of his career in Pride, which was infamous for its lack of drug testing, he says thinks that there should be harsher penalties doled out to those who pop for PEDs.

"I feel that they should increase the punishment or control what’s happening," he said. "There’s definitely more room for control over it. I feel betrayed by those who actually enhance their performance with various drugs. It’s unfair, and it should definitely be stopped. It reflects on the sport overall, as well as the fighters, in a very negative way. And athletes should get to where they’re going because of all the work they put in, not because they are taking something that will enhance their performance. 

"When I was competing I would run daily 20 kilometers, and in addition to that I’d put in many hours of fighting and sparring. That’s why I was always able to keep the speed in the ring. I would train so hard that sometimes it was not only hard to stand up, but it would also be hard to lay down. Nowadays in not just this sport, but in other sports, people are trying to substitute that hard work with drugs."

Via Chuck Mindenhall @ MMA Fighting - http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/25/8107069/the-great-fedor-visits-new-york-discusses-what-happened-on-the-island

Fucking truth

Boss Phone Post 3.0

So truth but andy said something similar and look what happen. But fedor in my eyes was always clean. Phone Post 3.0

The only PED Fedor had was jeebus!

Jokes, he probly roided too. It was PRIDE ffs. Was anyone clean? Phone Post 3.0

Porkchop - The only PED Fedor had was jeebus!

I have little doubt that hundreds of Anderson fans (up until a couple weeks ago) would have sworn that Anderson was clean in Pride, and anyone saying otherwise was an idiot making baseless accusations against somebody who had passed countless tests since.

Obviously I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Anderson fans (the most steadfast accusers of Fedor...and everybody else now for that matter, lol) would NEVER accept that same logic and would reply furiously.

At least Fedor fans will put aside hero worship and treat it like a real discussion.

Enson Inoue

Fedor I googly doubt used peds. could he? Of course. But nothing says he did. Other Than his old training partner there's no ties to it. Black house had a few guys fail right? Even then I don't think Anderson did peds until his injury.

Fedor is innocent and while Anderson failed it doesn't tarnish him at least bit totally but it does put him behind Fedor and there shouldn't be an argument now. Gsp and Fedor are the top 2 now. Phone Post 3.0

Fedor fought monsters well above his weight. Hes a beast and always will be. Phone Post 3.0

GOAT material through and through.

He used to run 12 miles a day? Before sparring and training. Damn..... Phone Post 3.0

"I would train so hard that sometimes it was not only hard to stand up, but it would also be hard to lay down."

Why does he sound like a god every time he speaks? Phone Post 3.0

If you think about it, 2 of the 3 guys who beat him were on atleast synthetic Testosterone. Legal or not, still something to think about Phone Post 3.0

Brigham - If you think about it, 2 of the 3 guys who beat him were on atleast synthetic Testosterone. Legal or not, still something to think about Phone Post 3.0

Werdum is the only clean win against him.

StrikingMMA -
Brigham - If you think about it, 2 of the 3 guys who beat him were on atleast synthetic Testosterone. Legal or not, still something to think about Phone Post 3.0

Exactly why I said 2 of the 3... Phone Post 3.0

In, before certain poster shows up with his pseudo logic, like a fly to dog shit, and tries to incriminate Fedor with no hard evidence, while at the same time downplaying Anderson's failed test results as not a big deal.

Brigham - 
StrikingMMA -

You were correct!! VU!

StrikingMMA -
Brigham - 
StrikingMMA -

You were correct!! VU!
(We don't count the TK fight :-) ) Phone Post 3.0

xsrg95 -

Enson Inoue
Do we KNOW that or are you saying that because he comes here from time to time and a lot of people here like him personally? Phone Post 3.0

Porkchop - 
xsrg95 -

Enson Inoue
Do we KNOW that or are you saying that because he comes here from time to time and a lot of people here like him personally? Phone Post 3.0

you calling Enson Inoue a liar? lol jk. well he's fought in pride and is he reason why the pride contracts with no ped testing got put on the spot. aside from him posting on here he's a great guy that doesn't seem like he would lie about it. so face value i believe him but i get it we never KNOW whos clean or not.