Fedor:I just felt like 'this guy, he just hates us

stonepony - If you want to know why Fedor didn't sign, despite being offered the biggest MMA contract ever, just look at his SF record. UFC Hw's had already gotten too big, too strong, too athletic.

Smart thing would have been for him to sign at LHW where he belonged, maybe he could have been holding JJ's belt right now? I would have liked to have seen that fight.

You actually think Fedor was scared of the big bad 'new breed' of Heavyweights like Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir and Shane Carwin? Give me a break.

The reason he didn't sign with the UFC was the fact that they could never agree on a contract that fit both of their needs. Simple.

The notion that the guy was afraid of UFC competition is laughable to me. It's Fedor that we're talking about here.

eXtv - 
stonepony - If you want to know why Fedor didn't sign, despite being offered the biggest MMA contract ever, just look at his SF record. UFC Hw's had already gotten too big, too strong, too athletic.

Smart thing would have been for him to sign at LHW where he belonged, maybe he could have been holding JJ's belt right now? I would have liked to have seen that fight.

You actually think Fedor was scared of the big bad 'new breed' of Heavyweights like Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir and Shane Carwin? Give me a break.

The reason he didn't sign with the UFC was the fact that they could never agree on a contract that fit both of their needs. Simple.

The notion that the guy was afraid of UFC competition is laughable to me. It's Fedor that we're talking about here.

He demanded what he knew he couldn't get, so that people like yourself could pretend that was trying to get in to the UFC but couldn't be signed because DW didn't want UFC fighters to be embarrassed.

Hey remember when Reem and Fedor fought for the SF title?... Or, was it DC he fought for the SF title? Maybe it was Barnett?

No... He squeaked by the tire salesmen and lost to old man Henderson (the guy who had just lost to a welterweight).

I would have loved to have seen the man in the UFC. But yeah, Brock, Shane, Frank, they would have beat him. I'm just not in the cult buddy. It was never about money, or some irrelevant Russian MMA concerns.

"lol, story of Dana's life. He's always been a blowhard beta male. His UFC career has been dedicated to perpetuating the myth that he's he's a tough guy, but deep down he knows who he really is. He'll never change that."

He's basically a nerd.

stonepony - 
eXtv - 

He demanded what he knew he couldn't get, so that people like yourself could pretend that was trying to get in to the UFC but couldn't be signed because DW didn't want UFC fighters to be embarrassed.

Hey remember when Reem and Fedor fought for the SF title?... Or, was it DC he fought for the SF title? Maybe it was Barnett?

No... He squeaked by the tire salesmen and lost to old man Henderson (the guy who had just lost to a welterweight).

I would have loved to have seen the man in the UFC. But yeah, Brock, Shane, Frank, they would have beat him. I'm just not in the cult buddy. It was never about money, or some irrelevant Russian MMA concerns.

"He demanded what he knew he couldn't get"

You don't know that he himself demanded that. If your argument is based on making presumptions that Fedor was deciding what was being negotiated, your argument is fundamentally flawed. Fedor himself went on record and said that Vadim and M-1 handled his contractual negotiations. He took a very back-seat approach to it.

"Reem and Fedor fought for the SF title?"

Remember when M-1 specifically asked for Olympic-style drug testing because they knew Reem was on roids and the fight never happened because of that? Remember when they would have fought in the GP anyway if Alistair didn't get injured and if Fedor beat Bigfoot because they were in the same bracket for the tournament?

"DC he fought for the SF title?"

Only became a notable name after Fedor left Strikeforce. Completely moot point and a poor attempt to talk shit on Fedor's career.

"Maybe it was Barnett?"

Josh got caught roiding in 2009 and turned down the fight in 2006 (but still fought Minotauro on the same card). It was his fault that the fight didn't happen, not Fedor's.

"He squeaked by the tire salesmen"

If you mean won the first round by schooling Brett (highly ranked, just slept Andrei in 20 seconds and was 10-0 with 9 stoppages) on the feet and taking him down multiple times, then KTFO him in the 2nd, sure. He 'squeaked' past him. lolz

"lost to old man Henderson (the guy who had just lost to a welterweight)"

Old Man Henderson? Hendo was better than ever at that point, just KTFO Feijao and Babalu and had been on TRT for years. No weight cut and on a great run. The Hendo that Fedor fought was arguably the best Hendo to ever step in the cage. And yes, he lost to Shields after gassing himself out in the first round because he owned him so hard in the first round. So what? Hendo was still one of the best ever and is world-class. Stop clutching at straws to hate.

"Brock, Shane, Frank, they would have beat him."

Not assured by any means. Brock folded once he took punishment, Carwin was robotic on the feet and had little cardio, and Mir has always had a weak jaw and susceptible to guys that take it to him. Fedor had beaten better guys in the past and even though he was over the hill in 2009 I'd still favour him to beat those guys.

"It was never about money, or some irrelevant Russian MMA concerns."

Wrong. Even Dana himself said this: "Fedor's not afraid to come over here and fight, he's just got nutty managers that try to strong-arm us."

There you have it. Fedor's #1 detractor and a guy actually present in negotiations himself disagreeing with you. Look at that. Sorry that reality doesn't fit with your anti-Fedor 'he was scurred because I say so!' agenda.

Fedor was everything Dana wanted to be. The Ultimate Alpha male.

Dana was envious as fuck and acted like a stupid little kid.

I really like Dana but his behavior towards Fedor was despicable.

Dana doesn't understand people that don't worship money and bend to it's lure at all costs to their pride or personal standards. Yes Vadim made it all the more difficult but Dana frequently does this EG: Questioning why fighters want to keep fighting because they just love fighting and don't just do more lucrative things with their rep.

Fedor would be right to a point. White did hate M1, and given their unreasonable demands, understandably so.

Being as vocal as he is, and the fact that he is going to protect his brand by diminishing Fedor's accomplishments as part of the negotiations, its not hard to understand White coming across as 'hateful' to Fedor.

Garv - 

"There were insults coming from Dana White all the time. There were many very loud things said, but for real nothing happened. It was [all talk]."

lol, story of Dana's life.  He's always been a blowhard beta male.  His UFC career has been dedicated to perpetuating the myth that he's he's a tough guy, but deep down he knows who he really is.  He'll never change that.

It is also the reason why Lorenzo had to relieve him of all business decision-making.  Lorenzo still lets Dana micro-manage things like the fighters' walkout music and the ring girls' wardrobes, but beyond that, he's pretty much on lockdown.  Dana's pathological insecurites makes him unqualified to negotiate, because he takes everything personally .  That doesn't work in business.

Besides, Fedor doesn't need to have fought in the UFC.  His legacy was made in Pride, when Pride had the best HWs on the planet. 

WTF when did you take this stance on Dana? You were pretty impartial before. Did he reem you at an event?

Dan had to recuse himself be removed from negotiating with Roy Nelson due to emotion so, extrapolate from there

eXtv - 
stonepony - 
eXtv - 

"He demanded what he knew he couldn't get"

You don't know that he himself demanded that. If your argument is based on making presumptions that Fedor was deciding what was being negotiated, your argument is fundamentally flawed. Fedor himself went on record and said that Vadim and M-1 handled his contractual negotiations. He took a very back-seat approach to it.

"Reem and Fedor fought for the SF title?"

Remember when M-1 specifically asked for Olympic-style drug testing because they knew Reem was on roids and the fight never happened because of that? Remember when they would have fought in the GP anyway if Alistair didn't get injured and if Fedor beat Bigfoot because they were in the same bracket for the tournament?

"DC he fought for the SF title?"

Only became a notable name after Fedor left Strikeforce. Completely moot point and a poor attempt to talk shit on Fedor's career.

"Maybe it was Barnett?"

Josh got caught roiding in 2009 and turned down the fight in 2006 (but still fought Minotauro on the same card). It was his fault that the fight didn't happen, not Fedor's.

"He squeaked by the tire salesmen"

If you mean won the first round by schooling Brett (highly ranked, just slept Andrei in 20 seconds and was 10-0 with 9 stoppages) on the feet and taking him down multiple times, then KTFO him in the 2nd, sure. He 'squeaked' past him. lolz

"lost to old man Henderson (the guy who had just lost to a welterweight)"

Old Man Henderson? Hendo was better than ever at that point, just KTFO Feijao and Babalu and had been on TRT for years. No weight cut and on a great run. The Hendo that Fedor fought was arguably the best Hendo to ever step in the cage. And yes, he lost to Shields after gassing himself out in the first round because he owned him so hard in the first round. So what? Hendo was still one of the best ever and is world-class. Stop clutching at straws to hate.

"Brock, Shane, Frank, they would have beat him."

Not assured by any means. Brock folded once he took punishment, Carwin was robotic on the feet and had little cardio, and Mir has always had a weak jaw and susceptible to guys that take it to him. Fedor had beaten better guys in the past and even though he was over the hill in 2009 I'd still favour him to beat those guys.

"It was never about money, or some irrelevant Russian MMA concerns."

Wrong. Even Dana himself said this: "Fedor's not afraid to come over here and fight, he's just got nutty managers that try to strong-arm us."

There you have it. Fedor's #1 detractor and a guy actually present in negotiations himself disagreeing with you. Look at that. Sorry that reality doesn't fit with your anti-Fedor 'he was scurred because I say so!' agenda.

"You don't know that he himself demanded that."
That's true and I should have been more specific. I'm sure it were the morons who managed him. I doubt it was Fedor specifically. But, he chose his management, so what's the difference?

"Remember when M-1 specifically asked for Olympic-style drug testing because they knew Reem was on roids"

Yes, I remember that excuse. And all you have to do to take that excuse seriously, is forget that all of Fedor's Pride opponents were on roids. Everybody on Roid-Island was operating in a PEDs free for all.

Fedor didn't fight Josh in SF, because Josh turned the fight down in 2006?

The tire salesmen was one punch from knocking him out, smashing his head in. And the tire salesmen never beat anybody who wasn't a female.

I liked the argument about how it was the best DH ever, better than the Pride DH, but losing to a welterweight somehow wasn't a factor. The cult has got it's hooks in you. Which is why you have to pretend that I'm "shitting on Fedor". Which is why you'll have a seizure and fall over dead if you ever accidentally acknowledge a valid criticism of him.

Uchi - Fedor would be right to a point. White did hate M1, and given their unreasonable demands, understandably so.

Being as vocal as he is, and the fact that he is going to protect his brand by diminishing Fedor's accomplishments as part of the negotiations, its not hard to understand White coming across as 'hateful' to Fedor.

Dana went beyond protecting his Brand. He got totally personal and let himself down badly.

If you're having trouble figuring out who to believe ask yourself:

When has Fedor ever shown anything less than pure class?

When has Dana? Phone Post 3.0

Well, this just sucks. Being a big Fedor fan, I am sure that both sides are to blame to some extent. One thing people should think about is the fact that he is never fighting again and is retired. All of this stuff is guess work for the most part. But one thing is for certain, Fedor came to fight every time. And fought with no fear and tons of heart. And was a great champion. Even if you do not like Fedor you can appreciate his body of work. If not, you are not a fan of mma in my opinion.

WAR LAST EMPEROR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9XTBA3nck&feature=youtu.be

Fedor gives his prediction for JDS vs Velasquez and why he didn't sign for the UFC 

FortyKoatz - 
Uchi - Fedor would be right to a point. White did hate M1, and given their unreasonable demands, understandably so.

Dana went beyond protecting his Brand. He got totally personal and let himself down badly.

The UFC signing Fedor would not have hurt the brand. And Fedor would have made far more money than he ever could have anywhere else.

Is that what SF was doing? Protecting their brand by not having Fedor fight anybody?

Would love to see him drop down to 205 and sign a 1 fight contract to fight Jones.

MOAOZINHO -
Garv - 

"There were insults coming from Dana White all the time. There were many very loud things said, but for real nothing happened. It was [all talk]."

lol, story of Dana's life.  He's always been a blowhard beta male.  His UFC career has been dedicated to perpetuating the myth that he's he's a tough guy, but deep down he knows who he really is.  He'll never change that.

It is also the reason why Lorenzo had to relieve him of all business decision-making.  Lorenzo still lets Dana micro-manage things like the fighters' walkout music and the ring girls' wardrobes, but beyond that, he's pretty much on lockdown.  Dana's pathological insecurites makes him unqualified to negotiate, because he takes everything personally .  That doesn't work in business.

Besides, Fedor doesn't need to have fought in the UFC.  His legacy was made in Pride, when Pride had the best HWs on the planet. 

WTF when did you take this stance on Dana? You were pretty impartial before. Did he reem you at an event?
The Grav and Dana had a fallout a while back. Phone Post 3.0

octagon 11 - the only top fedor ever defaeted was markcoleman in pride.
most of fedor defeats were cans from japan.it fedor that long for mirko cro cop.brendan schaub destroy crocop.i thought fedor had the henderson.that was close.the hail mary H at the buzzer.fedor was my scorecard.former pride
cro cop,mark hunt,ramapage all did crappy in ufc.so signed with ufc or not still remains same.its easier in japan y know.Pride its no more.ufc is #1

What the fuck, did you just flail your body onto your keyboard in hopes it would lead to a coherent response?

It didn't, by the way! Phone Post

eXtv -

The money was right (he was being offered more money than Lesner). I think that the hangup was Vaddy's insistence on cross promotion (never going to happen) and the UFC's insistence on exclusivity (no Sambo competitions) Phone Post

Dana is your typical loud, brash yank who is VERY transparent to Fedor.

Fedor and Dana are the complete opposite of each other. Fedor doesn't like people like Dana, period.