Fedor:I just felt like 'this guy, he just hates us

Dana was a prick but don't trust Vadim either. Still, u should not say shit about a great like fedor. Overeem said simply in an interview while still in sf that he likes fedor but not his mgmt. fedor is such a gentleman, he is a great ambassador for the sport.

He said he is a fan of Cain btw

Dana is to blame, period.
You cannot badmouth Fyodor publicly and often, and expect anything less than the negotion requests Fyodor's management sought.
Had Lorenzo been the mouthpiece from the beginning, this discussion wouldn't exist.
Fedor demands hespect, Dana's view is that can be bought.
Fedor's management would've only conceded if it allowed furthering of their cause.
That is, beneficial to their company's fighter's image rights & future. Phone Post

MexiCain AmeriCain - I love Fedor, but his manager is the one who fucked him over, not Dana. If his manager wasn't so insistent on the co promotion bullshit, Fedor would've been UFC HW Champ. Phone Post 3.0

That's how I see it Phone Post

46and2 - 

Fedor wasn't and isn't motivated by money like most people are. Respect is a huge thing to him, just look at how he acted towards everyone his whole career. Nothing but class

After Pride, fighting was no longer Fedors biggest concern in life. Family and religion came first. He wasn't going to go against his good friends (his manager/s) demands to come over to "face the pain" UFC. He doesn't need the money and it wasn't near as important to him as it was to his fans for him to fight in the UFC. its no surprise when you add in a disrespectful Dana White to all those factors that nothing was ever settled. He didn't feel like he had a single thing he needed to prove.

How well he would have done is all speculation. Im a huge fan but at that point he didn't have the same motivation anymore.

He did what he wanted, has plenty of money, and is happy. Good for him! Phone Post

good post

Shill storm up in here. Phone Post

RockyBullwinkle - 
stonepony - 
RockyBullwinkle - 
eXtv - 
stonepony - Fedor had all the power in Pride. And, Overeem wasn't beating anybody in SF. He wasn't "decimating" anybody, never has (not in MMA). I guess you're attempting to pretend that Coleman and Randleman were clean, and Fedor didn't fight the vastly superior Overeem or Barnett because they weren't clean...

"There are plenty of valid criticisms to be made of Fedor"

Let's explore them? I'm guessing the valid criticisms you're referring to, have to do with fashion sense and receding hairline?

Fedor did not have all the power in PRIDE. His own manager, Miro has spoke about Fedor getting paid peanuts compared to other champions (such as Minotauro getting around 100k a fight and Fedor getting around 15k, even after Fedor won the title), not having a championship bonus, and Miro being personally threatened by Sakakibara and some armed Yakuza members to sign a new contract with them in circa 2003. He had no power there. No fighters did. Great job at proving your own ignorance.

Never claimed Coleman and Randleman were clean. It's just that Fedor and M-1 had real sway at Strikeforce and wanted the obviously on-steroids Overeem to get properly tested because they knew the guy was on stuff and had enough power to almost get it done.

Fedor didn't fight Barnett because Josh turned the fight down and later pissed hot. We've already covered this and you're going in circles right now.

Why are you doing this? Do you get some sort of kick out of leveling invalid and poorly constructed critiques of one of the most beloved and legendary figures in the sport's history? Why do you say he is a coward? What prompts a person to act in such a way?

Are you two really arguing over this? When was Fedor ever offered OVereem to fight? He wasn't becuase, as has been documented time and time again, Strikeforce was trying to build up a ppv between the two. Coker even said when he signed Fedor he would fight two times on CBS and thne they'd have a ppv against Overeem. How much more clear does it have to be?

It's very clear. Fedor didn't fight SF's best competition. Neither did Overeem.

For many of the same reasons.

Well when he singed with them how many HWs did they have? Overeem (who hadn't fought for them since 2007), Rogers, Werdum, Bigfoot, Lavar and Shane Del Rosario. Arlovski signed a little later but Fedor (& Rogers) had already KOed him. His first fight was against the highest ranked guy in SF. His 2nd fight was against the winner of #1 contenders match between the next 2 highest ranked guys, Werdum-Bigfoot, and his 3rd would have been against Overeem if he hadn't lost to Fabricio. Who else should he have been fighting in SF?

What's clear is StonePony is an idiot. During the whole argument. An idiot. Like not at any point did it ever occur to me that he may NOT be an idiot. It was a pretty consistent feeling the whole time. It was remarkable how consistent it was, the feeling that he was an idiot. Never have I felt so confidently about someone being an idiot as this idiot.

"Fedor wasn't and isn't motivated by money like most people are"

lol

Lol at Fedor ducking Barnett.

Ditto Fedor being Pride's golden boy.

This thread is guaranteed to go down the same shit hole most other Fedor threads go down but I blame both camps (just like i do in the PBF/Pac dealings), I do think Fedor or any big fighter bears some responsibility on his camp/mgmt's decisions and dealings but it never helps when someone talks shit the way Dana does either.

Would Fedor's legacy have gotten bigger/better had he fought in the UFC? Yes.

Was Fedor's legacy already set prior to that? Yes.

Is anyone going to change their minds here? No.

Taz Styles - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9XTBA3nck&feature=youtu.be

Fedor gives his prediction for JDS vs Velasquez and why he didn't sign for the UFC 

Thanks for posting the video, sir.

RockyBullwinkle - 
stonepony - 
RockyBullwinkle - 
eXtv - 
stonepony - Fedor had all the power in Pride. And, Overeem wasn't beating anybody in SF. He wasn't "decimating" anybody, never has (not in MMA). I guess you're attempting to pretend that Coleman and Randleman were clean, and Fedor didn't fight the vastly superior Overeem or Barnett because they weren't clean...

"There are plenty of valid criticisms to be made of Fedor"

Let's explore them? I'm guessing the valid criticisms you're referring to, have to do with fashion sense and receding hairline?

Fedor did not have all the power in PRIDE. His own manager, Miro has spoke about Fedor getting paid peanuts compared to other champions (such as Minotauro getting around 100k a fight and Fedor getting around 15k, even after Fedor won the title), not having a championship bonus, and Miro being personally threatened by Sakakibara and some armed Yakuza members to sign a new contract with them in circa 2003. He had no power there. No fighters did. Great job at proving your own ignorance.

Never claimed Coleman and Randleman were clean. It's just that Fedor and M-1 had real sway at Strikeforce and wanted the obviously on-steroids Overeem to get properly tested because they knew the guy was on stuff and had enough power to almost get it done.

Fedor didn't fight Barnett because Josh turned the fight down and later pissed hot. We've already covered this and you're going in circles right now.

Why are you doing this? Do you get some sort of kick out of leveling invalid and poorly constructed critiques of one of the most beloved and legendary figures in the sport's history? Why do you say he is a coward? What prompts a person to act in such a way?

Are you two really arguing over this? When was Fedor ever offered OVereem to fight? He wasn't becuase, as has been documented time and time again, Strikeforce was trying to build up a ppv between the two. Coker even said when he signed Fedor he would fight two times on CBS and thne they'd have a ppv against Overeem. How much more clear does it have to be?

It's very clear. Fedor didn't fight SF's best competition. Neither did Overeem.

For many of the same reasons.

Well when he singed with them how many HWs did they have? Overeem (who hadn't fought for them since 2007), Rogers, Werdum, Bigfoot, Lavar and Shane Del Rosario. Arlovski signed a little later but Fedor (& Rogers) had already KOed him. His first fight was against the highest ranked guy in SF. His 2nd fight was against the winner of #1 contenders match between the next 2 highest ranked guys, Werdum-Bigfoot, and his 3rd would have been against Overeem if he hadn't lost to Fabricio. Who else should he have been fighting in SF?

You can't really argue with a straight face, that they didn't play games with the title? How many years did Overeem go without defending it?

Fedor versus Overeem for the title was obviously the appropriate fight to make.

But it's moot, they should have both been in the UFC already. Unless we're all still pretending that the real competition was everywhere but in the UFC...

Fedor doesn't want fame/money... That's another classic.

Guess that would mean he doesn't give a shit about his family?
(I don't believe that)

I love Fedor, but come on.  Vadim demanding the UFC build a special stadium for them in Russia and demands of half the PPV profits for any event Fedor fought in didn't have something to do with the deal falling through? 

Fedor may not have money as a priority, but his goofy manager certainly did with those outrageous demands.  And since Fedor never did anything to stop that he cant be held completely blameless. 

"And yes Reem vs Fedor was the appropriate fight to make. It was also there biggest potential money fight which is why they tried to build towards it."

Doesn't seem like we're really in that much disagreement. But, the fight having not been made doesn't mean there was no tuck involved.

You said it, it was in ALL of their interests that those fights not happen until the right time. Without a SF loss for either of them. This is the same motivation that kept them out of the UFC. Overeem knew his paper-tiger expiration date would immediately coincide with his signing a UFC contract.

We're seeing Cyborg work off the exact same playbook. It's why she also refused the juicy UFC contract that would even have allowed her to fight in Invicta while they paid her...

Coasting outside the UFC, allows her to keep that reputation. Keeps her brand hot, and the hype going. She can have 20 more fights, without ever signing with the UFC, and people will be claiming it was because she was too much fighter for them to allow her to sign.

Notice nobody throws around the title Lineal Champion anymore? Why is that?

Because it was a BS honorarium and it evaporated when Reem's head hit the mat with Silva standing over him. It carriers no weight anymore, because it never actually had any weight.

Have you ever heard anybody refer to Cain as the Lineal Champ?

stonepony - Fedor doesn't want fame/money... That's another classic.

(I don't believe that)

There's a fine but clear line you don't seem to be able to wrap your head around.
Neither Fedor nor his family have been in danger of poverty for quite sometime.
He is set for life.
Here's another fact you may not understand.
It may partially be attributed to NOT fighting in the UFC. Phone Post

Fedor would probably be doing Bugatti commercials if he fought for UFC right, lol

I would think that M-1 wanting co-promotion rights is actually a lot more accurate of a reason as to why Fedor wasn't signed to the UFC.

sparkuri - 
stonepony - Fedor doesn't want fame/money... That's another classic.

(I don't believe that)

There's a fine but clear line you don't seem to be able to wrap your head around.
Neither Fedor nor his family have been in danger of poverty for quite sometime.
He is set for life.
Here's another fact you may not understand.
It may partially be attributed to NOT fighting in the UFC. Phone Post

No honest person would claim Fedor made more money staying out of the UFC. Just as no honest person would claim he didn't want to get paid for his lifes' work. It's just a silly bit of nonsense that you don't actually believe.

And, there's a subtle contradiction in your propaganda. I doubt you'll be able to wrap your head around it.

1) Fedor doesn't like money.
2) Fedor stayed out of the UFC so he could make more money.

Can you spot the contradiction?

Nobody is pointing out the irony that Fedor "ducked" ufc competition so he could "lose" in Strikeforce?

Funny how 2013 two guys who beat Fedor in 2011 are a guy who fought for the UFC hw title a 2nd time recently, and the other guy is the #1 contender for the Hw belt.