Fedor Interview-His opinion on Steroids

Great thread D241!

It's been embarrassing watching a certain section of the Anderson fanboys (and I say this as a huge Anderson fan myself even despite him popping) try to invalidate Fedor as if that somehow lessens the blow to Anderson's legacy for juicing. Phone Post 3.0

D241 - 

He doesn't take sugar when training, but he would inject himself with illegal drugs.....

Come on man

Well let's see, one is harmful to performance and the other is by definition a performance enhancer.

Brilliant train of thought from D as always.

How much of this guy's day is spent thinking about Fedor? It seems like he makes a minimum of one thread a day about him.

JohnMorgansBlueShirt - I don't want to accuse the guy of anything, but the Pride Fedor and the guy who showed up in Strikeforce did not look the same. People here who will argue he did are the same guys who continue to say Overeem looks the same every weigh in.

Fedor is on record numerous times saying he stopped weight training the last few years of his career. This corresponds with his post-PRIDE fights.

As for his earlier career, in no way does his physique look roided out. In no way. On the other hand 'just about' every UFC fighter does.

Steriod users almost always have...

- (b)acne(never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)
- stretch marks form unusually fast huge muscle growth(never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)

- distened (convex) upper abdomen muscles (Fedor's was fat around his waist and low belt line)

- bitch tits (Fedor had small nipples afat evenly spread across his chest due to higher body fat percentage, go look a guys like Rashad)

- over developed upper bodies not in proportion to their lower body/top heavy (never seen on PRIDE-Fedor his body segments where in proportion... I don't imagine too many MMA fighters see the benefit in working legs as hard as arms, back & chest)

- huge rounded or humped traps (never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)

- abnormal vascularity especially huge bicep artery , see: Overeem (never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)

- irritabilty, aggression in real life outside competition

- small balls (Fedor has never been accused of this)

- & more that Fedor didn't display...

mmainsurgent - 
JohnMorgansBlueShirt - I don't want to accuse the guy of anything, but the Pride Fedor and the guy who showed up in Strikeforce did not look the same. People here who will argue he did are the same guys who continue to say Overeem looks the same every weigh in.

Fedor is on record numerous times saying he stopped weight training the last few years of his career. This corresponds with his post-PRIDE fights.

As for his earlier career, in no way does his physique look roided out. In no way. On the other hand 'just about' every UFC fighter does.

Steriod users almost always have...

- (b)acne(never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)
- stretch marks form unusually fast huge muscle growth(never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)

- distened (convex) upper abdomen muscles (Fedor's was fat around his waist and low belt line)

- bitch tits (Fedor had small nipples afat evenly spread across his chest due to higher body fat percentage, go look a guys like Rashad)

- over developed upper bodies not in proportion to their lower body/top heavy (never seen on PRIDE-Fedor his body segments where in proportion... I don't imagine too many MMA fighters see the benefit in working legs as hard as arms, back & chest)

- huge rounded or humped traps (never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)

- abnormal vascularity especially huge bicep artery , see: Overeem (never seen on PRIDE-Fedor)

- irritabilty, aggression in real life outside competition

- small balls (Fedor has never been accused of this)

- & more that Fedor didn't display...

Anderson Silva displayed none of those symptoms that you say steroid users "almost always have".

I jumped the gun one day early on this thread.  What's listed in the OP is an older interview, however Fedor JUST did this interview today-

Emelianenko inists that not only was he a clean fighter, but that he was also subjected to drug testing while ruling the 265-pound roost. And as for Rogan's comments, well, we can chalk those up to "PR scandals."

"The Last Emperor" talks to Jason Nawara:

"He likes to do PR scandals. As always, I'm ready now to test and always will and always would've been clean. Actually we did get tested for steroids but everyone just assumed that because no one tested positive that there were no steroids. Of course the thought has crossed my mind, and assumptions were made, but it gave me strength to know that my opponent may have had to use something while I put in all of the hard work and long training trying to be a better fighter which is why, with God's help, I was able to win whether my opponent was on steroids or not."

Good enough for me.

Naturally, steroids are the talk of the town after former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva -- often compared to Emelianenko in conversations about the greatest of all time -- failed his UFC 183 drug test, something the retired heavyweight called a "slap in the face."

From FanSided:

"It's extremely upsetting that an athlete of that level actually turned to an aid from drugs to enhance his performance. It's a slap in the face overall. A slap in the face to the sport and all the fighters in the sport. I also feel that an athlete should depend on their skill set, experience and hard work they put in and not have to look to shorten that distance between hard training and the win by using or depending on steroids or any performance enhancing drug. Most importantly you have to stay true to yourself as well as those fans who made you who you are as an athlete. And now due to the use of steroids, he has this trademark, I feel, as someone who uses performance enhancing drugs to win."

Source-

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/25/8109211/fedor-emelianenko-fires-back-joe-rogan-steroid-accusations-anderson-silva-slap-face-mma