Fedor is a Great Striker too.

Not only is he the best grappler in the hw div but he is one of the best strikers in the hw div. He showed better boxing skill then Cro Cop and preasured him the whole fight. Plus unlike other fighters Fedor was able to block some of Cro Cops kicks.

Fedor's only weakness is his tendency to cut.

Fedor actually took a high kick high on the head, ala Dos Caras and Waterman, and just stood there while Cro Cop fell on his ass. It opened up a cut, so obviously it landed, and Fedor didn't fucking budge. Blew my mind.

He also took a couple hard ass liver kicks, which dropped Herring and Magomedov, and didn't show any affects.

What a tough son of a bitch.

Just like Coleman, Kerr, Mintotauro, and every other can't be beat fighter of the moment, Fedor will eventually lose to the next big thing. No problem for me though because win or lose, I'll still be a fan, but don't be shocked win he does lose.

He reminded me of The Terminator. He just kept coming and coming.

Lindland cut him right off the bat on bodog.
I thought Fedor looked rattled.

lol @ fang shang whatever ... fedor faced crocop ... bit of a diffrence to silva or j-mac dontch think ???

i agree with ptm2020 whole heartedly

IMO it is his focus and ability to block out basically everything...Pain
included...that really sets him apart. He has taken some punishment that
would destroy anyone else and come back to win.

yeah fedor is pretty good, but he hasnt faced top competion like chris leben or keith jardine yet

Are you serious???????

Yeah because he dominated Cro Cop on the feet and we all know how much he sucks at striking.

Mino also has horrible boxing for MMA so we'll ignore how badly Fedor tooled him on the feet.

Despite the fact that Gary Goodridge went the distance w/ Mark Hunt (landing lots of headshots), we'll ignore how quickly Fedor destroyed him on the feet. Because Mark Hunt is also sucks.

Fedor is one of the better MMA heavyweight strikers, but his striking is not that great in general terms. I wouldn't describe him as a good boxer and definitely not "better boxing skill then Cro Cop".

When you throw the threat of takedown into the mix, you can't always tell who the better striker truly is in MMA. CroCop got outstruck by Randleman and Gonzaga. Do you think those guys really have better striking skill than CroCop?

Anyways, with the Fedor fight, I'm not sure how people got it in their heads that Fedor was some juggernaut striker. Go back and watch the fight. Before gassing, CroCop was winning the standup, even stunning Fedor on one occassion. Once CroCop gassed you can say Fedor outstruck him at that point, but he still never landed any meaningful shots that hurt CroCop. It was more an example of the pressure Fedor can apply than any great striking prowess.

Let's just leave it at Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world right now. He doesn't have to be the best at everything, and he's not.

Sorry man, but you need to watch the fight again.

Cro Cop landed one straight left that hurt Fedor, followed by a weak flurry, and he landed a few kicks to the body and one glancing kick to the head.

Fedor landed TONS of good flurries and hooks, uppercuts, and basically outstruck Cro Cop for the entire fight.

"Sorry man, but you need to watch the fight again.
Cro Cop landed one straight left that hurt Fedor, followed by a weak flurry, and he landed a few kicks to the body and one glancing kick to the head."

Then why did Fedor's face look like hamburger after the fight?

"Fedor landed TONS of good flurries and hooks, uppercuts, and basically outstruck Cro Cop for the entire fight."

Tell me about one time in the fight when CroCop was actually hurt from anything Fedor hit him with.

"IT ISNT HOW YOU LOOK STRIKING,IT'S HOW EFFECTIVE YOU STRIKE."

Thank you, that was very nicely said and in comparison, the same thing can be said about Chuck's striking. He throws huge wide open looping punches but he KO's most people. Technically Chuck was getting OWNED by Allistar in the Pride GP but who got the KO in that fight? ;-)

Fedor had a black eye from the straight left.

One time? After Fedor tried to throw him with uchi mata, Cro Cop based out and blocked it, Fedor then immediately spun and caught Cro flush with a left hook. It definitely dazed him. Watch it again.

I wouldn't want fedor to hit me thats for sure......

"Then why did Fedor's face look like hamburger after the fight?"

Because if you slap the guy in the face, he cuts.

I supossed Schilt beat Fedor to, as Fedor face was more beat up than Semmy after that fight.

Mirko was wobbled and dazed several times during the fight. Take off your fanboy glasses.

MMA Striking includes takedowns defense. Floyd Mayweather, Zambidis, are not good strikers by MMA standards, as they are to open to takedowns.

Fedor is a great striker under MMA conditions, the only conditions he cares about.