fedor is more hype than reality

he will kill both mir and barnett. the only HW that has a chance to beat fedor is brock (and i really really hate to say that) its true though. brock can take fedor down and i think he may be good enough to stop the submission. he could win a decision.

pocotouro - so what is it that makes fedor great? his wide looping easily countered punches or his russian mystique?

He's 29-1. The 1 loss being hardly a loss. He has beaten a slew of UFC champions, top 5 heavyweights and fighters of all different styles, all while being small enough to cut to light heavyweight. Did i answer your question?

right now it is a toss up between mir, barnett and fedor. anyone could beat the other on a given night. im not saying that fedor sucks. far from it, im just saying he is not this unstoppable force. there is parity in the heavyweight division. hell arlovski could make noise if he would stop acting like a puppy everytime the door bell rings.

pocotouro - so what is it that makes fedor great? his wide looping easily countered punches or his russian mystique?

his wins.

pocotouro - 
whats with this blind loyalism to this man? explain to me why he is great other than he punches hard and kos guys, so do kimbo, mike tyson, chuck lidell and every 300 lb line man in the nfl.

destroyer mir and barnet have both beaten similar class of fighters. one could argue they have done it while taking less damage than fedor. how many times has he been put on queer street? many! how many times have you seen barnett rocked? very rare. i will grant you mir has looked horrible at times, but when he is on he is very on and his boxing far surpasses anything fedor has to offer.

You overplayed your hand. This thread deserves no more responses.

So who is a great HW fighter?

HMC and CroCop gave Fedor WAY more p[roblems than Arlovski did.

Fedor never got hurt by Arlovski, no punches landed solid, all grazing shots. CroCop hurt Fedor numerous times and lasted 20 minutes. HMC marked Fedor's face, took him down and fended off a sub attempt or 2. Arlovski got KOd flat in 2 minutes.

LMAO at the non believers.

Mir and Barnett have both been smashed into the ground more than once.

ive already acknowledged that he wins... but he is no anderson silva and he is no gsp... he is the on par with 2 or three other fighters in his division. he is not untouchable.

again they used to laugh at me for saying that rampage vanderlei etc would beat up on chuck. at the time i said chuck is a winner but he does not stand alone. time has proven me correct.

dont lose your money on fedor.

knuckleballs how many of those fights was fedor in trouble??? several times he had to claw his way out of baaad situations... conceivably he could have gotten kod by randleman and fujita among others. he has shown weakness

"again they used to laugh at me for saying that rampage vanderlei etc would beat up on chuck. at the time i said chuck is a winner but he does not stand alone. time has proven me correct."

Wanderlei beat up on Chuck?

JKennedy - You're late Quincy.

Quit ruining my fucking jokes.

My bad!!!

no silva did not beat up on chuck but i made the claim that he would. i also claimed rampage would beat him up before the grand prix and i was mocked and called a troll.

im also the same guy that was scoffed at for saying that rashads boxing was on par and he would be champion.

im the same guy that said steibling was a phoney.

and now im telling you fedor is not unstoppable

the only time i remember him being on queer street was when he fought fujita years ago and what happened then? And lol at mir beating fedor. He is just a poor man's Minotauro and fedor beat him in his prime twice.

Rali - "i had full confidence in arlovski to dismantle fedor and the fact is he did"

Yeah, that was a real clinic AA put on. Fedor must be in the hospital from the beating AA put on him. I hope he survives.
excatly! i thought the first time i watched that fedor got hurt a couple times, but after watching again i changed my mind. he took a couple peppering shots but was never really ever hurt or in danger, i dont no why he didnt just take it to the ground and these debates would never be happening. and dont say he tried but couldnt take aa down he never really tried to

LMFAO at Brock frickin Lesnar or Frank Mir could beat Fedor.

Take this stupid shit back to sherdog

"mir and barnett both have the technical ability to chew fedor up and spit him out. it wont be long. start planning your excuses."

If Mir and Barnett lose?  Lesnar and Cain!  If they lose? Gonzaga and Kongo!  If they lose?

You get the idea. 

The excuses are not ready for when Fedor loses, but they sure as hell come out every time he wins.

"ive already acknowledged that he wins... but he is no anderson silva and he is no gsp... he is the on par with 2 or three other fighters in his division. he is not untouchable."

You are right. He is no GSP. He never got tapped with 1 second left on the clock. He never got KTFO by a journeyman from a weightclass below him.

He is no Anderson Silva either. He did not get flying leglocked by a journeyman japanese fighter. Or get dominated and then triangled by a japanese jobber. Not to mention Travis Lutter came closer to beating Anderson than Arlovski ever was against Fedor

Summer Borscht

5 medium fresh beets (about 2 pounds without tops)
Kosher salt
2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
16 ounces sour cream, plus extra for serving
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 cups medium-diced English cucumber, seeds removed
1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra for serving

Place the beets in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook uncovered until the beets are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the beets to a bowl with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine sieve and also set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the beet cooking liquid, the chicken stock, sour cream, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt, and the pepper. Peel the cooled beets with a small paring knife or rub the skins off with your hands. Cut the beets in small to medium dice. Add the beets, cucumber, scallions, and dill to the soup. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Season, to taste, and serve cold with a dollop of sour cream and an extra sprig of fresh dill.

pocotouro - no silva did not beat up on chuck but i made the claim that he would. i also claimed rampage would beat him up before the grand prix and i was mocked and called a troll.

im also the same guy that was scoffed at for saying that rashads boxing was on par and he would be champion.

im the same guy that said steibling was a phoney.

and now im telling you fedor is not unstoppable

Nobody's saying that Fedor is unstoppable. He has simply exceeded all of the time expectations you had for other fighters to start getting exposed and without dropping a fight since. Barnett is a legitimate challenge, but Brock would get subbed and Mir would get destroyed in every aspect just like he has by shitty fighters.