Fedor is the greatest of all time

William Colosimo - 
stickapple - Yeah cuz beating Nog, Crocop and a bunch of old skool/japanese/freakshow/gatekeeper/can/MW/LHW/cans totoally proves your the best.

At this point the only thing separating Fedor and Frank Mir is that Mir actually stopped Nog and Crocop and took on harder competition throughout his career without ducking fights.

Imagine that... calling a guy who is not even the champ, and actively ducking fights in his own tier 2 league the GOAT?

What a slap in the face to MMA.

Anderson, Georges and Hughes are far more qualified for GOAT status.

GOAT's don't handpick their fights and stop facing the best halfway through their prime. Sorry.

lol at this fool. nog and cro cop were #2 and 3 for a number of years. fedor beat them both while at the top of their game.

nog would be considered the goat at heavy if it wasnt for Fedor

It's very difficult for some to realise that there is an MMA history outside of the reality TV show TUF.

Dumbass post.

fedor may not necessarily be the best in hw right now, but hes beaten more of the best hws in their primes than anyone.

Fedor is GOAT until someone equals what he has accomplished. That could happen in a couple of years. Meantime Fedor = GOAT.

I wasn't saying that Ubereem is the best yet, just that I think him and Brock are the top right now in so far as I think they are the two who toughest guys to beat right now.

To reiterate, I think that Fedor is GOAT. I meant that perspective is important. As much as Fedor is my favorite fighter right now, I honestly would not put money on him if he were to face either Brock or Overeem. Though given the perspective of their respective careers, as they stand now, Fedor certainly surpasses any fighter we've thus far seen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Fedor is no longer comkpetitive with the heavyweight elite.  Father time has caught up to him and others have evolved beyond what he can contend with.  There is no denying that.  His greatness is preserved, however, and he will be remembered for his great run for a very long time.  

The losing streak stands at 3 in a row, all by stop.  Now M1 is talking about getting Kevin Randleman for his next opponent.  I'm not one who says that his legacy is taking a hit, rather it seems to be solidifying it for exactly what he was and what he continues to be.  A great fighter at one time who had the luxury of hand selected opponents for the entire durationof his career.  That is the legacy.  And from that legacy, many will extrapolate that his run would not have been, had it not been for the hand picking of opponents.  I like to believe that there was a 5 year window or so where he could have beat anyone.  Others will not be as kind to him when remembering his achievements, as I am being.  And that saddens me.  

No argument as the legacy HW to beat (resume wise) at this point. The over zealous fans over the years have worn my nuts thin, but that shouldn't really detract from him as a fighter.

Then again, it's a fair point that he is not the only fighter who is awesome but has a sometimes annoying fanbase. I fucking love BJ Penn, but as others have pointed out, the more rabid fans can even make a fan get disgusted after awhile.

Not the fighters fault though IMHO.

Fedor is the GOAT.

This should not be a question or an issue.

Fedor is NOT the greatest fighter of all time. Not even close.

/thread Phone Post

knuckleballs - Fedor is the GOAT.

LOL, Fedor was the greatest for the time period of 2001 - 2006.

That is not "all time".

The fact is the modern heavies of today would tool fedor in his prime. They are too big. Too strong. Too welkl rounded.

Fedor is not competative with them, and it's NOT due to age.

In the aggregate, somebody will have to prove themselves GOAT before Fedor is knocked off his throne.

hermanitor - 

That is not "all time".

The fact is the modern heavies of today would tool fedor in his prime. They are too big. Too strong. Too welkl rounded.

You are wrong. Fedor in his prime would be a great fight with Cain.

He'd beat JDS

He'd destroy Carwin

He'd kill Lesnar.

Maybe all you Fedor haters should go listen to what all the pro fighters say about him.

shartkuri - 
hermanitor - 

That is not "all time".

He'd beat JDS

He'd destroy Carwin

He'd kill Lesnar.

Maybe all you Fedor haters should go listen to what all the pro fighters say about him.

You mean "said about him".  They said the same thing about Ali.  Ali wouldn't beat anyone today.  The decline isn't that bad for Fedor yet, but just since i created this thread, he's been passed up by several guys.  

shartkuri -
hermanitor - 

That is not "all time".

He'd beat JDS
He'd destroy Carwin
He'd kill Lesnar.

Um, fedor wouldn't beat any of those fighters you listed. He would be destroyed by them.

Besides, even IF fedor wanted to fight them (which he didnt/doesnt) his managers wouldn't let him fight in UFC. fedor ducked UFC. Phone Post

GOAT HW for sure.

Not in all of MMA. GSP and Anderson are surpassing him.

shartkuri - 
hermanitor - 

That is not "all time".

He'd beat JDS
He'd destroy Carwin
He'd kill Lesnar.

Pro Fighters dont know who is going to win those fights anymore than people on here do.
All you have to do is listen to Randy's fight picks to figure that out.

he was protected throughout his career. that is too big of a blemish to be considered the GOAT.

I love the attempted Ret-con of Fedor only being the best from 2001-2006.

Fedor was the best until 2010.

The UFC HW scene was in shambles and even know when people try and play the "well rounded" card theres literally 3 elite HWs there right now.

Cain, Mir and JDS whom we've never even seen on the ground.

There was nobody better than him for the duration of his streak.

Go back and actually look at who was running the UFC in those years. Tim, AA, and Randy.

Please.

These arguments in favor of fedor being the best of all time, as exactly the same as boxing fans give for mike tyson being the best of all time.

"wow, look how many guys he totally destroyed in a row, top ten guys! wow!"

More intelligent boxing fans counter with "yeah he was really FOR HIS TIME, but really, he fought during a time when competition was WEAK, so we cant really call him the GOAT"

This is fedors problem, despite his rabid fans thinking he'd magically grow 5 inches and learn modern technique, the competition then, was no match for the competition now.

"oh sure, fedor would kill cain and carwin!"

Yeah, based on WHAT? His losses to middleweights?

Please do educate yourselves.