Fedor is why I love MMA . Rogers is why i hate MMA

Rogers is just a record padder. he was handed 8 cans to make it appear he actually fought people, and was thrown in to the AA fight as an easy win. he got incredibly lucky and KO'd AA.

he's now being thrown in, as Coker clearly said, as a warm up fight. meaning a can that fedor can easily beat, so he can have a title fight.

Brett Rogers will fade away just like every other 10 fight can that has been in mma. 

I don't know if I think he's the bad part of mma. the sport needs people that can be knocked around so legit fighters can get their feet under them. But that's padding too. it's a fine line.

How can anyone blame Rogers for taking his shot? America is the land of opportunity, baby. He is also VERY humble and approachable. I talked to him after his bout with the guy he beat before Arlovski and asked him how he thought he would match up vs. Overeem. He didn't spout the cliches..he said "i think I'd make it competitive." I liked that and I hope he does well. I don't see how you can hate on the guy for not 'being a born martial artist.'

Whatever that means...

Hmmm.

watchin Fedor fight is like watching some mythical creature. you just sit there in awe of what you are seeing at that moment. and yes I believe that Fedor will beat Rogers but anyone can land a lucky punch.

bulletmagnet - Rogers was a SEARS tire changer a year ago(I SHIT YOU NOT). How gay is that? He is a 6'5 big goon who throws flailing arms, but if he connects, he can get lucky just on the fact he is so big. He has no martial art, no budo, nothing you want from a martial artist. He is your modern "I trane UFC." He is everything wrong with MMA.

You're a fucking asshole

Lots of pro's hold down a 9-5.

If you think Rogers throws flailing punches then you've never laced up a glove in your life. The great thing about MMA is that it just takes one punch/kick/sub and that end the fight. I was glad when Rogers beat Arlovski.

He will lose to Fedor, however.

I'll admit that you can't blame him for doing this. I think the problem here is that anyone with a brain knows this is an easy fight for fedor, and it was clearly set up to be just that.

All these people jumping on the roger's bandwagon will be jumping off as soon as he's humiliated like Timmy was.

The thing is that this is supposed to be the SHOWCASE of MMA on PRIMETIME television and we got a tire changer fighting our best fighter.

How legitimate is that? Nothing personally against Rogers but it doesnt seem like the athletic depth chart is that impressive if a guy can stop changing tires, train for a year, and fight the worlds best.

Aren't we supposed to be showcasing something here? If we aren't and its just a toughman brawl, then quit acting like it aint and say how there is honor etc. Make up your mind on what you want. If you want a white trash kind of show then go at it.

Tank Abott had a martial art in itself, it was called Bar Room Street Fighting. We wanted to see if Jiu Jitsu or Wrestling could beat it. Are you claiming that Rogers is a "street fighter" and we are trying to see if a trained martial artist in Sambo can beat him?

I dont know if Im just rambling on or not but it seems that a lot of you are missing the point... But then again you all just started watching a few years ago with TUF.

IrishFighter110 - Great post.

Id hate the heavyweight landscape more than id hate on Rogers however.

Yes I agree.

Rogers is just the posterboy for what I hate about MMA.Another example for ya to tickle your brain... TUF Season 10...

Yeah... That's MMA for ya.

Rali - If you think Rogers throws flailing punches then you've never laced up a glove in your life. The great thing about MMA is that it just takes one punch/kick/sub and that end the fight. I was glad when Rogers beat Arlovski.

You're telling me that Rogers could stand and trade with any big name HW Pro Boxer, Kick Boxer, etc.?

Go watch his videos again and then come back to me because right now it sounds like YOU have never laced up a pair of gloves.

BONEtheDOME - i hope fedor crushes rogers as much as anyone else.

but you're just a fucking hater.

"hey, i make a 4 figure salary changing tires at sears . . . and you guys want to pay me how much to fight on tv??!?!?!"

you'd jump at the chance too.

and your mother is a whore.

I don't blame him. I blame the promotion for putting him on there. Don't we have a better representative? It's just like Kimbo. He's MMA right now and I cant blame him, he's making a hell of a lot more money than me but I hated seeing him fight against Thompson and Seth.

Steve4192 - Big brawlers have always been a part of the sport.  From Harold Howard to Tank Abbot to Gary Goodridge to Andre Roberts to Bobby Hoffman, to Tim Sylvia, there has always been a place in the sport big bangers.  There is nothing wrong with having guys like that in the sport, and some of the most memorable fights in the history of the sport have involved guys of the same ilk.

You want to know what is bad for the sport?

Emo little bitches who whine about fighters being bad for the sport because they don't fit into their own narrow worldview of what a fighter should be ... are bad for the sport.

Youe wrong.Gary Goodridge was a karate expert first, then kickboxing champ... list goes on, dont feel like explaining it to you. Tank Abott is your only comparison. I would be bitching if he was headlining a card on CBS as well. Nowadays the sport is heading towards much more professional aspect. Its supposed to be a SPORT, not a freak show. Its no longer a street fighter vs a jiu jitsu guy.

Its supposed to be two highly skilled MMA athletes vs each other. At least that's what joe rogan and goldey got me to believe.

Steve4192 - Big brawlers have always been a part of the sport.  From Harold Howard to Tank Abbot to Gary Goodridge to Andre Roberts to Bobby Hoffman, to Tim Sylvia, there has always been a place in the sport big bangers.  There is nothing wrong with having guys like that in the sport, and some of the most memorable fights in the history of the sport have involved guys of the same ilk.

Emo little bitches who whine about fighters being bad for the sport because they don't fit into their own narrow worldview of what a fighter should be ... are bad for the sport.

VTFU

watch it asshole, some of my best friends work at sears.

bulletmagnet - 

Youe wrong.Gary Goodridge was a karate expert first, then kickboxing champ... list goes on, dont feel like explaining it to you. Tank Abott is your only comparison. I would be bitching if he was headlining a card on CBS as well. Nowadays the sport is heading towards much more professional aspect. Its supposed to be a SPORT, not a freak show. Its no longer a street fighter vs a jiu jitsu guy.

Its supposed to be two highly skilled MMA athletes vs each other. At least that's what joe rogan and goldey got me to believe.
I don't mean to be an arse man, but right now you are up there in the top 5 biggest douchebags on mma.tv and that's saying something man. Why the fuck does someone need to be training for 10+ years of their life in a specific martial art to qualify as a mixed martial artist? Brett does everything any other fighter would do and he fights using "mixed martial arts", wether he's drilling TD, TD Defence, Sub defence, it's all relevant and all apart of MMA, and he may not have trained since he was fucking 6 and been like the Karate kid movies that you obviously base your fucked up opinion on but as of now i can guarantee you that he trains in all aspects of MMA, from boxing to Muay thai to BJJ and wrestling, your whole post if flawed and retarded at best. Seriously stop defending this utter bullcrap you wrote and stop fucking hating because he's getting the opportunity of a lifetime while your stuck at your computer.

Cheers.

well going from his first recorded fight, hes now been training over 3 yrs. Considering he probably trained before he fought, lets say he trained 4 yrs now. Hes won every fight by KO including a KO over a former UFC champ. Why hate on the guy? Sounds like a guy with potential to me..

JoeVIP  - 
Rumbler - 
JoeVIP  - I want Rogers to win because Fedor didn't sign with UFC. But I expect Fedor to smash him.

You need to log off this site and go drill some arm sub's...Facking TUF newb that tranes UFC...

What?? Tuf newb?? I've been following the sport since 93. And a martial artist for 16 years. Just because I wanted to see Fedor fight the best and not a sears tire changer doesn't make me a newb. I'm going to assume your being sarcastic about the arm sub's seeing as how I have won 7 fights with armbars.
LOL...Dude, I was just facking with you. I was being VERY sarcastic.

bulletmagnet - 
Rali - If you think Rogers throws flailing punches then you've never laced up a glove in your life. The great thing about MMA is that it just takes one punch/kick/sub and that end the fight. I was glad when Rogers beat Arlovski.

You're telling me that Rogers could stand and trade with any big name HW Pro Boxer, Kick Boxer, etc.?

Go watch his videos again and then come back to me because right now it sounds like YOU have never laced up a pair of gloves.

Where did I write that he could stand and trade with any big name pro boxers/kickboxers? I implied that he can punch. Do you think he can't?

He did stand and trade with AA btw.

Cant_Land_Head_kicks - 
bulletmagnet - 

I don't mean to be an arse man, but right now you are up there in the top 5 biggest douchebags on mma.tv and that's saying something man. Why the fuck does someone need to be training for 10+ years of their life in a specific martial art to qualify as a mixed martial artist? Brett does everything any other fighter would do and he fights using "mixed martial arts", wether he's drilling TD, TD Defence, Sub defence, it's all relevant and all apart of MMA, and he may not have trained since he was fucking 6 and been like the Karate kid movies that you obviously base your fucked up opinion on but as of now i can guarantee you that he trains in all aspects of MMA, from boxing to Muay thai to BJJ and wrestling, your whole post if flawed and retarded at best. Seriously stio defending this utter bullcrap you wrote and stop fucking hating because he's getting the opportunity of a lifetime while your stuck at your computer.
Cheers.

First of all, no need to get all in a pissy fit. Im just saying what I love about MMA and what I dont. I have nothing against Rogers personally, it's just that the HW division sucks ass.

"Why the fuck does someone need to be training for 10+ years of their life in a specific martial art to qualify as a mixed martial artist?"

That means that they are highly skilled. Brett Rogers has some very sloppy stand up and terrible ground skills. He has only beat cans and got a lucky punch of a washed up AA.

"Brett does everything any other fighter would do and he fights using "mixed martial arts", wether he's drilling TD, TD Defence, Sub defence, it's all relevant and all apart of MMA, and he may not have trained since he was fucking 6 and been like the Karate kid movies that you obviously base your fucked up opinion on but as of now i can guarantee you that he trains in all aspects of MMA, from boxing to Muay thai to BJJ and wrestling, your whole post if flawed and retarded at best."

What a run on... wow, well.. lets see, I didn't say he doesnt train "MMA" in fact, that is why I dont like what he stands for.

" Seriously stio defending this utter bullcrap you wrote and stop fucking hating because he's getting the opportunity of a lifetime while your stuck at your computer.
Cheers."

How do you know im stuck in my computer chair? You need to stick to the subject instead of ridiculing me. Cheers to you as well.