Fedor: 'It's God's will'

He has his hands full.

He needs to be focused. A lot of bad men in his future.

MTomlinson - 
Dale Doback -  LOL @ all of the pissed off atheists.

So Fedor believes in God.  That is his right.  Its funny how what someone else believes in can drive you guys so crazy.

voted up

its amazing how wadded up some of these UG pseudo-intellectual athesists panties get when they hear about a fighter believing in God

what's amazing is how disgusting and hateful some you believers are against atheists, especially since there was no atheist complaining in the thread, just one man offering a different translation of his words. how very christian to have your heart filled with hate for someone that doesn't believe what you do.

AlbertEinstein - 
MTomlinson - 

So Fedor believes in God.  That is his right.  Its funny how what someone else believes in can drive you guys so crazy.

voted up

its amazing how wadded up some of these UG pseudo-intellectual athesists panties get when they hear about a fighter believing in God

what's amazing is how disgusting and hateful some you believers are against atheists, especially since there was no atheist complaining in the thread, just one man offering a different translation of his words. how very christian to have your heart filled with hate for someone that doesn't believe what you do.
Everyone believes in something. They believe there is an invisible Godsman. You don't. Both stances are articles of complete faith.  Neither one of you have any evidence the other is wrong.

AlbertEinstein - 
MTomlinson - 

voted up

it really seems to me the anti-Christian vitriol on the UG trumps the anti-atheist comments by about 10 fold at least.

AlbertEinstein - 
MTomlinson - 

voted up

lol @ you calling anyone disgusting and hateful. People on here automatically spouted off how religion scares them, how he's not "really" thanking God or whatnot and how one person detests when a fighter thanks God for a win AND everyone else is disgusting and hateful? Makes sense lol.

I suppose you haven't seen ANY thread about religion or God on the OG? Every single one is started by an arrogant condescending atheist simply to start arguments. Every time. That's evident in the fact that they try, albeit extremely arrogantly/condescending and insincere, to talk about theology on a mixed martial arts website. That would be the absolute LAST place to go for such a true sincere conversation, imho.

Don't even worry about replying either. I most likely won't read it due to the fact that the conversation won't go anywhere.

MTomlinson - 
AlbertEinstein - 
MTomlinson - 

voted up

it really seems to me the anti-Christian vitriol on the UG trumps the anti-atheist comments by about 10 fold at least.

"Christians" love to think they are being persecuted for their beliefs, without actually being persecuted for their beliefs. In this sense, calling Christians out on the UG is the only Christian thing to do...

MTomlinson - 
AlbertEinstein - 
MTomlinson - 

voted up

Every. Single. Time. Yet when a Christian stands up and says anything, or in this case a handful, we're hateful and disgusting.

andaladamooment - 
MTomlinson - 
AlbertEinstein - 
MTomlinson - 

voted up

"Christians" love to think they are being persecuted for their beliefs, without actually being persecuted for their beliefs. In this sense, calling Christians out on the UG is the only Christian thing to do...

How's about some reading comprehension? Nobody said anyone was persecuted. Simply that there the atheists love to engage in the usual circle jerk when religion or God is mentioned.

I suppose you're pivot.

Sick and tired of the "It's God's will" that I win this fight or "Thank God" after a fight.  I hope that god doesn't give a crap about men beating each other for sport/money.  If god has a few extra moments, work on children dying from cancer.  Whether Vitor's shoulder holds out against Anderson can wait...

Weldd -  Sick and tired of the "It's God's will" that I win this fight or "Thank God" after a fight.  I hope that god doesn't give a crap about men beating each other for sport/money.  If god has a few extra moments, work on children dying from cancer.  Whether Vitor's shoulder holds out against Anderson can wait...

i think you've misunderstood the context used then,

i've not fought professionally, but i'm pretty sure when a fighter says things like that it's to help them harness the inner strength they get from their faith in a stressful situation.

highly doubt they are asking their God to choose them over their opponent.

what's interesting to me is that whether you believe in a God or not, you can't deny that a lot of, including many of the best, use their faith as a pillar for mental and possible spiritual fortitude. you don't have to be a religious person to see that.

it works for them, why hate?

must be real tough for the haters knowing, some of the best athletes in the world believe in God.

Ironhouse - 

So he believes in himself right?

For some of us faith in God is how we find faith in our selves

i think fedor is just one of those people who believes god has a set path for us. he will always be driven by that belief. i believe god may want certain directions for all of us but gave us free will as well. everyone sees it differently.it's like as a parent i may want a path for my child and lead her in that way but if she does something a little different i won't love her any less.

<blockquote>AlbertEinstein - <blockquote>MTomlinson - <blockquote>Dale Doback -  LOL @ all of the pissed off atheists.<br /><br />So Fedor believes in God.  That is his right.  Its funny how what someone else believes in can drive you guys so crazy.<br /><br /><br /></blockquote><br /> voted up <br /><br />its amazing how wadded up some of these UG pseudo-intellectual athesists panties get when they hear about a fighter believing in God <br /></blockquote><br />what's amazing is how disgusting and hateful some you believers are against atheists, especially since there was no atheist complaining in the thread, just one man offering a different translation of his words. how very christian to have your heart filled with hate for someone that doesn't believe what you do.</blockquote><br /><br />Absolutely correct and it bugs the fuck out of me. Im about as atheist as you can get, I despise supernaturalism, woo and make believe in all its forms. I have read dawkins, hitchens, harris, dennet and more and agree with just about everything they say. The atheists on UG really shouldnt be associated with the above they aren't smart and they aren't funny they just seem to be a whole lot of whiny intolerant annoying fuckwits who love to derail threads with shitty cheap barbs and the wit of ten year olds.<br />

M1 has ruined the legacy of a great fighter. Its too bad hes stuck in the minor leagues fighting UFC has beens once a year.

NukerMMA - Everyone believes in something. They believe there is an invisible Godsman. You don't. Both stances are articles of complete faith. Neither one of you have any evidence the other is wrong.
Few UGers will ever attempt to come to grips with their own epistemological underpinnings. Not even the self-proclaimed, [self-imagined] brilliant atheists. But, they should!
Weldd - Sick and tired of the "It's God's will" that I win this fight or "Thank God" after a fight. I hope that god doesn't give a crap about men beating each other for sport/money. If god has a few extra moments, work on children dying from cancer. Whether Vitor's shoulder holds out against Anderson can wait...
Very, VERY narrow view of what it means to desire to submit to God's will or to thank God in all circumstances. Even the fighter with the most basic and simple faith has a more profound and in depth understanding of the meanings of these things than the self-proclaimed, [self-imagined] brilliant atheists.
thebasher - I don't care either way but I do destest it when fighters thank god from helping them win a fight
See above, self-proclaimed, [self-imagined] brilliant atheists.
TexDeuce - Pride era Fedor is gone you idiots. His coaches have even said he has slowed down and not as sharp as he once was. This is the twilight of his career, the end of an era. Is he the GOAT? You bet. Is he still one of the best on the planet? Absolutely. Is he the best fighter on the planet today? We'll find out soon enough.
Well atheists, dietists, and agnostics- actually, if I recall correctly, Fedor's trainer ALSO stated in the same interview (or at least one of them) that Fedor has more than made up for any physical slowdowns, with experience and always-improving technique.

I'm an athiest.

Fedor is orthodox.

Frank Mir is an athiest.

I hate Frank Mir.

^Disagree, animals are secularists.