Fedor looking like LHW with a kid (pic)

CDarwin -
InspiritMick -
ThinkMMA - Fedor's attributes allow for him to be the best hw, I don't know if those attributes carry over to 205.

Speed kills Phone Post 3.0

wise words

People always say this, but timing and sambo strength was a big part of it all.

Everyone said Cormier would be nothing at 205 as well. Phone Post 3.0
No one said Cormier would be nothing at 205.. A lot of people thought If he could cut the weight without issue he would beat Jones. Phone Post 3.0

IronWill - 
CDarwin -
InspiritMick -
ThinkMMA - Fedor's attributes allow for him to be the best hw, I don't know if those attributes carry over to 205.

wise words

People always say this, but timing and sambo strength was a big part of it all.

Everyone said Cormier would be nothing at 205 as well. Phone Post 3.0
No one said Cormier would be nothing at 205.. A lot of people thought If he could cut the weight without issue he would beat Jones. Phone Post 3.0

Plenty of people on this very site said Cormier wouldn't cut it at 205 because of the speed, level etc of that division. As if being undefeated at HW was easier.

That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Well, so far, in 4 fights at 205, Cormier lost one fight and was in trouble in another, whereas he never had any problems at all against any heavyweights.

So Orcus is chipping in on a thread about Fedor?

Chocker.

Kindly - Always wanted to see a slim 185 Fedor fuck up some shit at MW. Phone Post 3.0
Look at Ninja. He was always a little soft at 205, when he finally cut down to MW and appeared to be in better shape, he couldn't get a win to save his life.

For people who aren't used to cutting decent amount of weight, it could hinder their performance more than it may help.

Cutting weight is a weird thing in that everyone reacts to the weight cut differently.

For a guy like Fedor who generally doesn't cut a lot of weight, might be tough on his body, especially at 36 or however old he is now.

Personally, I'd rather see him stay retired. He went out on a win, might not be so lucky this time around. Phone Post 3.0

An Expensive Hat - Yeah Jesus he looks like he weights 200 lbs right there. He could make fucking Welterweight if he was cutting like most of these guys are.

I want to see Fedor at Heavyweight though, would feel too weird to see him any lower. I don't think weight cutting's too good for the body, either, and I'd like to see him compete the healthiest. After all, we know he used to be able to compete with Heavyweights, so if he can't then we all know he's severely diminished.

I think he always could have. But ya, this is what he would look like if he wasn't as chubby as he was then. This would be phase 1 of MW.

Phase 1 of MW = be a normal sized LHW who cuts just a little.

Man I'm telling you all 230-240 Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit I'd like to see him fight black fedor emilianegro

cagefanatic - Man I'm telling you all 230-240 Phone Post 3.0

Fedor looks smaller in that picture than he ever has.

Fedor looked significantly bigger in Pride where he weighed 232-235 iirc: http://www.spaceboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Fedor.jpg

Jeez he looks slimmer than ever in that pic.  Could just be that tee though, need to see a recent pic of him in the Sweater of Ultimate Victory to truly judge

That tee is from Bellator St.Louis card. Probably the softest I ever seen him in person. Phone Post 3.0

orcus -
cagefanatic - Man I'm telling you all 230-240 Phone Post 3.0

Fedor looks smaller in that picture than he ever has.

Fedor looked significantly bigger in Pride where he weighed 232-235 iirc: http://www.spaceboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Fedor.jpg
I def can say it is the angle of the picture. In St. Louis he was the softest I have seen him in a long time. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck.. Can't beleive I wrote that... Flame on... Phone Post 3.0

Big EP -

"I can have Fedor fighting at 170." - Dolce

Someone please post the Brolce meme of this... I miss that thread. Phone Post 3.0

Throwin'Knuckles -
InspiritMick - 

wise words

My thoughts exactly. Everyone always thinks a guys that could cut down would dominate. Not always the case.
Have a look at Robbie Whittaker.

He though he belonged at welterweight in the UFC but he struggled with the cut and went 2-2.

Moved back up to 185 where he was worried he'd be way undersized and he's blitzed the fuck out of bigger guys in Hester and Taveres. Phone Post 3.0

larry bagina - 
Big EP -

"I can have Fedor fighting at 170." - Dolce

Someone please post the Brolce meme of this... I miss that thread. Phone Post 3.0

For every guy that does better at a higher weight class, there is a hundred that perform at their best when they are not overly chubby.

For Fedor to get to 205 without excess fat, he would NOT need an extreme weight cut.

I'll be excited regardless, but will be super excited if he cuts down to 205.

It's a very large kid. Makes any man look small Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - A strong argument for Fedor being the GOAT is that he was small for the heavyweight division, and he regularly fought larger opponents. Fedor never cut weight so he could "hide out" in a lower weight class, like a lot of fighters do.

I've long thought that a true test of a fighter is can they defeat larger opponents.
This is why fedor is the goat to me. Phone Post 3.0