Fedor made a mistake

This is the first time I've seen Fedor make a clear mistake. He's been in trouble before, but that can be attributed to the opponent doing something well.

He shouldn't have forced the Kimura. He had top position on Rogers, he should have worked some ground n pound or just worked his position instead of going for it right away. It lost him the position right after he got it and put him in position to be GnPed by Rogers.

Of course he trains to deal with bad positions and mistakes, which is why he's able to recover from them, but it's interesting to see he's not always calm and composed.

He fucked up a couple of times and lost position on Nog too.

Its just that this time,I agree,he paid for it.

i don't think fedor expected rogers to move that quickly from the kimura attempt. he caught hunt in a kimura and hunt is a bigger fighter than rogers.

he fucked up bad against arona repeatedly. kept going for guillotines to defend the takedown. arona would roll with it and just pass to sidemount

Everybody seems to forget that Fedor is decent at best technically. He keeps winning because he is physically gifted.

He made a lot of mistakes before. He had no defense against Randleman's german suplex that could have costed his life had the fight taken place in street.

8481418 - Everybody seems to forget that Fedor is decent at best technically. He keeps winning because he is physically gifted.

He made a lot of mistakes before. He had no defense against Randleman's german suplex that could have costed his life had the fight taken place in street.

Maybe.

And if it hadnt Fedor would have taken Randlemans arm and shoulder home w/him.

Arona was one of his first fights. That's really not that relevant to who he is now.

As for Randleman's supplex, that wasn't so much a mistake on his part as Randleman doing someting incredibly awesome.

Also his mistakes against Nog were also a combination of Nog doing something. Against Rodgers it's something he would have been better off just doing nothing, whereas with Nog and Randleman doing nothing wouldn't have helped him.

I agree though that he's naturally talented. The fact that he and Alex (and to a degre Sergei) are the only guys out of his camp who fight well is telling.

I thought of this when I watched the fight. Why would he risk chasing the sub to the point of losing position? But it seems it's really his style to put himself out there, mousasi did something along the same lines in his fight. You should be happy, it brings more action into the fight, and we get to see more unexpected subs/throws/cool attempts. Sak was like this as well.

it seems fighters in Pride were more likely to take risks like that, and get into more transitions than their UFC counterparts. I thought this might be because the top UFC guys were more wrestlings based at the time ala Ortiz, Hughes, Couture etc. Also North American judges seem to really favour the guy on top.

Fedor seemed to really not enjoy the clinch game. Rogers had the right idea early on.

Fedor seems to be the best at transitions in MMA. He really is a HW that can move as fast as a middleweight, which allows him to be ahead of his opponent in quick transitions which is how he got Rogers down.

Yeah, coming out on top in scrambles helps a lot. And it's easy for him to create scrambles, so he's never in a bad position for long.

I don't think it was that unusual, Fedor does end up in precarious positions quite a bit. Mark Hunt had side control on him, that should never have happened.

That's 'cause Hunt did something. It's not that he ended up in a bad position, it's that he put himself in it, and pretty much anyone could tell that kimura was a bad idea.

tbh I think he knew he was going to be put on his back, I think he thought he'd be able to torque it and gain position when he landed there.

Underestimated Brett's strength...Oh well...Didn't overestimate his chin!