Fedor & Meathead staredown (vid)

Jesus he looks huge next to Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP -

Fedor has to fight smart, he can't be overly aggressive anymore. He needs to be patient, use his kickboxing and pick his spots. I expect Mitrione to try and use his size to wear down Fedor. Fedor needs to stay on the outside, set up some traps and let Mitrione be the aggressor. 

Fedor needs to get meathead to the ground

If he can do that I think he could win fairly easily.

Sadly, I don't think he will.

Rotting for both fighters here, don't want to see either lose.

tryonmytoupee - If he can do that I think he could win fairly easily.

Yea getting him to the ground would be ideal. But it's not like Meathead is impossible to hit..... he almost got his head knocked off last fight. Yes he's dangerous because of his speed and power, but Fedor can neutralize that with his kickboxing. 

But honestly I would rather see him try and play it smart and get it to the ground.

tryonmytoupee - If he can do that I think he could win fairly easily.

I really enjoy your work on The Walking Dead.

Whambo - I'll be watching

Ditto. Not going to miss watching the HW GOAT in one of his last fights.

I think Meatheads gonna overpower his old bones, but I love Matt but I don't what to see that it's like watching a Rocky movie and seeing him lose at the end watching fedor lose hurts my soul it's like finding out Santa's not real 

BuddyRevell -
tryonmytoupee - If he can do that I think he could win fairly easily.

I really enjoy your work on The Walking Dead.

?????

Barry_BondsMVP -

Fedor has to fight smart, he can't be overly aggressive anymore. He needs to be patient, use his kickboxing and pick his spots. I expect Mitrione to try and use his size to wear down Fedor. Fedor needs to stay on the outside, set up some traps and let Mitrione be the aggressor. 

Fighting on the outside with Matt is not the best way to win the fight

I see a repeat of Fedor vs Brett Rogers where he was clearly outpowered and only won by desperation overhand KO. That's not gonna happen to Mitrione though. He'll have a better chance beating Matt on the ground but Fedor hasn't been a ground fighter for a long time. Love me some emperor but this is a bad fight for him. If Matt wins it'll also raise his stock and we might see him back in the UFC hopefully.

NicolasRGC - I see a repeat of Fedor vs Brett Rogers where he was clearly outpowered and only won by desperation overhand KO. That's not gonna happen to Mitrione though. He'll have a better chance beating Matt on the ground but Fedor hasn't been a ground fighter for a long time. Love me some emperor but this is a bad fight for him. If Matt wins it'll also raise his stock and we might see him back in the UFC hopefully.
It's a bad fight because he's outsized and old,but IF he clinches and gets it to the ground. What is meathead's ground game like? I only remember him getti g submitted in the schaub fight, and didnt kongo dominate him there?

Have we seen him there elsewhere?

Who's his submission coach?

And in no way is this a knock on matt, I'm just curious as he's obviously come a long way with his striking.

Matt's not very good on the ground, we all know that. His forte is his excellent striking and speed for such a big guy. But Fedor hasn't won a fight by sub since choking Sylvia back in 2008. It's harder to keep up your judo throws when you get older as opposed to boxing. Judo is very hard on the body.

Fedor is a legend win lose draw

Fedor is the greatest ever, he has nothing left to prove. But its impossible to tell someone when its time to stop fighting, so hopefully he just doesnt get hurt at this point.

Very excited/nervous for this fight. I hate to see either guy lose.

I hate watching my favorite fighters stay too long. 

Man I'm worried for fedor he better not try to get in a war with Meathead, use some of the ol sambo if possible. Maldonado had him rocked and almost finished, Meathead hits way harder and probably throws faster punches. This could end badly.

Bofbro -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Fedor is a much better striker... if he uses his game plan like he did with Monson, Ishii and Pedro he can break down meathead and get him to over comitt on something. 

Barry_BondsMVP - 
Bofbro -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Fedor is a much better striker... if he uses his game plan like he did with Monson, Ishii and Pedro he can break down meathead and get him to over comitt on something. 

Definitely possible. But if we get the Fedor who fought Maldonado, he's in BIG trouble.