- Consent of the family was a key with your decision?
- Yes primarily. For me it is very important to support the family, and only with the consent of relatives I returned. Long had, of course, to persuade (smiles).
The family supports me, and if she said "no" - we now would not communicate with you.
- Who else we consulted from the world of sport and not only to the adoption of such a decision?
- Consulted and people differently about this. Someone took it with great joy, as someone said - "Why go back?" They reacted differently, but basically, what I see and hear, supported my decision.
- Most of you are supported, but there are certain people who will now be glad that you do not get. You ready for this?
- Yes, I understand that. First, I try not to think about such people. Still, I did not come back for them, not for the sake of waiting for my defeats. And as a human I will do everything that depends on me. The main thing that makes me happy - all the guys who work with me, and try my best. And then the Lord God will, so be it.
And as these people ... this unit. Basically, all the support and wish our team wins.
- With Vladimir Putin did not talk about this?
- (After a pause) Yes, we talked. He said it would be very worried (with a smile). And wished me luck.
- The name of Fedor helps to open the doors to regional administrations and to solve various problems of local federations and clubs?
- You know, it happens quite differently. I encountered this as an advisor to the minister of sport - solving various problems in the development of Russia and the Union of MMA, and all the arts.
There are regional leaders with whom we communicate normally sports issues, they are included in the work and really helps. And there were those who just pulled up at the first time of my arrival, local television, smiled, and said that everything will be done. But after the departure of the leaders of the federations they told me that absolutely nothing has happened, the problem is still not solved.
- The fact that on December 31 you return it in Japan, you know, love and adore almost adds a positive attitude?
- Probably still not idolize - in Japan, I rather took as a fighter. It happened my formation - when performed in "Pride." And I'm really glad that my return will be in Japan. Because everything is done so well and smoothly - there is a good and proper team working as a single clockwork. And not just complain about what such teamwork I have not seen anywhere else - either in America or in Russia.
- We already know who will be your opponent?
- The opponent is chosen - the Japanese side is negotiating with several fighters and I know his name is still unknown. But there is still time, and I have the opportunity to prepare and easy to get in shape.
- Do you have priority, who should be your opponent in the first bout since returning?
- Of course, I would like it to have been held on a fighter named. It should be understood that the athlete should be of interest to the Japanese public. Not only I, but my opponent.
- You watched three years fighting and evaluated what happens. Mixed Martial Arts have changed a lot?
- Any special effort, I do not see. Something extraordinary, compared to earlier times - absolutely not. Some organizations in Russia, which is engaged in martial arts, make mistakes. Each is trying to convince everyone that it is the best. In my opinion, still need to soberly assess their strength, and, and what is happening around.
- And what can be said, estimating the leading foreign company?
- As of today, it stands out, of course, UFC, which has a certain number of top fighters and "Bellator" (Bellator MMA), where there are good athletes and exciting tournaments held eight of the strongest. "Bellator" somehow trying to develop, and UFS has several top fighters, but there is a big gap between them and all the other fighters.
- How many fights scheduled for December 31?
- The competition will be held for two days - 29, when the preliminary fights will be held, and on 31 December. On the first day our Vadim Nemkov will participate in the tournament, "eight" Grand Prix. And if all goes well, December 29, he will hold two meetings, and 31 - the final battle.
Japanese collected a decent part of both competition days - will be fighting in a huge stadium, the launch of a new project RIZIN, former team "Pride" promises to be spectacular.
- What are the components you need to add up to the fight?
- Now I pay more attention to functional training, working hard to improve endurance and increase speed. Also turn out their specific techniques - in ground fighting in the front, in working out combinations. And little by little I impose it on sparring.
Next load will increase, there will be more sparring, more of a struggle.
- In November, you will be ready in the Netherlands - the rate it will be made to work in the front?
- Not only - will also struggle, Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Dojo we know very well, and jiu-jitsu is not as explosive fight, as we have in Sambo - it is more viscous and sticky. No better and no worse than Sambo, just a little different. I want the guys to know it, because sooner or later they will have to fight with the Brazilians. And, perhaps, have to fight in Japan - I want them to know this side of the struggle.
- The Dutch are known for their striking technique - will work on it?
- Make sure they have a good school. Firstly, this testing of combinations of bundles and, secondly, the spar that can hold more than ours.