Fedor & RedDevil Members Interview

ttt

I'm a big a Fedor fan as they come, but he needs to just sign with the fuckin UFC. Who cares if he can't fight anywhere else? Everyone he needs to fight is in UFC now.

I love the "star disease" line. Ive heard that one from him before.

UFC still isn't the only game in town ... yet... There are other promos out there that aren't bullshit.

LOL @ not understanding the point of exclusive contracts. If the fighter in question is being billed as THE BEST FIGHTER ON THE PLANET, yet he got brutally KOed and bitched a month earlier in some rinky dink event by , oh I don't know, Butterbean......it's a little hard to sell.

As long as Fedor is getting payed VERY well, that's all that matter and that's likely the REAL issue here. Dana could and should pay more , but obviously he hasn't made Fedor an offer chunky enough. Dana SHOULD pay Fedor alot of money to keep him happy and SHOULD make Fedor sign an exclusive contract to protect that investment.

Not doing so is a BIG mistake IMO. He's worth the big money.

Why don't you pull Fedor's balls out of your mouth noob?

If I was the UFC I would demand exclusive contracts as well. You're going to pay Fedor anywhere from 500,000 - 1 mil for every fight. You're then going to spend another couple mil promoting him. You don't want to lose that investment in next year's Bodog St. Petersburg's fight.

Part of Fedor's contract with Pride allowed him to fight in mma events in Russia, no way Dana is going to agree to that, nor should he.

Fedor is not bigger than the UFC. He is relatively unknown to casual fans, we all know him because we are hardcore mma fans. Pride never built their fighter's reputations outside of Japan, which is why they will now fight in the UFC and get some name recognition.

I think the UFC will rebuild Pride, and the old Pride fighters will have name recognition in the US and elsewhere because they have fought on UFC ppv.

Fedor is going to end up fighting Brock Lesnar in K1, which really, really sucks.

What motivates you to train?

-I train harder than anyone. that's all I think of and do really. I get in the ring and see what my opponent is all about and make adjustments from there.

---

I just got done with a long weekend (Friday flight to ref in NAGA Atlanta was cancelled, so I had to take a 6:00 am after staying up late getting missing paperwork complete) and was thinking about maybe not running when I wake up tomorrow. I sure am running now - the example of Fedor is motivating like nothing else. He says it over and over again, and it is the truest thing I know about this game - the way to get good is hard work.

LOL @ jumping in to a thread and making an ass out of himself by repeating stuff thats already been covered and what everyone already knew to begin with like its a some kind of new revelation!!!

"As a fan i want to see Fedor fight the best."

theres no reason why that cant happen with non-exclusive contract. in fact wouldnt you say the exclusive contract issue is currently preventing fedor from fighting the best? same goes for matt lindland. all the other top guys have exclusive contracts but dana doesnt like lindland so he wont let him fight them even though lindland would even be willing to sign the contract.

"This is the problem, Fedor doesn't own shit. Dana does which = Dana is his boss. If you want a fucking job (the best job going) You do what you are told, and do it as well as you can if you want to keep said job, and get treated well."

what do you mean fedor doesnt own shit? is he a slave now? obviously dana is not his boss, i dont know where you got that from. also clearly its not the best job going either since fedor hasnt even seriously considered the offer. seriously, you are working with some pretty mysterious logic here. did you even read the interview? maybe that "you do what you are told and hope you get treated well" thing goes for some total loser with no other options than a minimum pay job, but not for most us including fedor.

again, did anyone say it would be foolish for ufc to get everyone on exclusive contracts? EVERYONE with common sense gets why THEY want to do it. theres no need to keep repeating it.

Damn UFC just do what it take and sign Fedor. He is the best fighter in the game. All real sports/organization sign the best athlete of that sport, UFC should be no exception.

no need to get pissy because i pointed out how utterly pointless your post was.

"here's no need to request a non-exclusive contract if his interests are in fighting the best."

yeah, thats why all the top fighters in the ufc get to fight matt lindland...

I dont give the slightest flying fuck about the organisation I care about the fighter and seeing good fights. I dont watch MMA for the fat bald cunts at the top to get richer thats just a side effect the less i see them or hear them the better, their job as far as im concerned is to get the best fighters and arrange the best fights simple as that. If they do anyting apart from that for the sake of puting more money in their fuckin pockets then fuck the cunts.

Dana has all the leverage, UFC business is booming and they will continue to do good with or without Fedor. So it looks like instead of fighting on the biggest stage in mma Fedor will spend his prime fighting years taking on non ranked fighters and guys in lower weight classes in Russia or the beaches of Costa Rica. The top two heavyweight contenders to Fedor in Bodog are his brother and a training partner.

Very candid answers in that interview.

Of course any reasonable person can see both sides have their own self-interests to protect.

Skarhead is right. If you want exclusivity from a highly in-demand commodity, you'll have to pay for it. If the UFC can prohibitively outbid any other org. for Fedor's services, Fedor wouldn't even have any financial incentive to fight elsewhere.

Fedor is the #1 HW in the world. Should he cost more? Of course. Should his exclusivity cost more? Of course.

When others are pursuing his services and throwing money at him, the compensation should be worth giving up all those alternatives.

Fedor realizes his worth as the most coveted free agent in the sport, and will leverage his position to the maximum. Just like any other professional athlete.

Johnny Blaze is owning this thread....

lol you sheep sucking Dana White little bald penis. Who the fuck does he think he is?

does he think he own the fighter?

I am sure Fedor is not losing any sleep about not fighting in the shietty UFC.we are speaking about a man who is friend with Vladimir Poutine.

LOL DANA WHITE!!!!

"we are speaking about a man who is friend with Vladimir Poutine. LOL DANA WHITE!!!!"

I seriously doubt anyone outside of Russia gives a shit about Putin.

I do not care either of POutine....but Fedor probably care......if you do not see my point I can do nothing to help you/.

LOL the american thinking the world is turning around them.

"I seriously doubt anyone outside of Russia gives a shit about Putin."

WTF that's a stupid comment.

Is this interview real?