Fedor & Rogers CBS

Will this be aired on free TV, CBS? If so, I haven't seen too much advertising for this. It seems like there should be, and I can see the ball getting dropped on a great event showcasing a very talented and successful athelete, with an incredibly marketable history that could garner new fans. But, no, that isn't what is happening.

yes next sat at 9pm

a few commercials on nfl sunday and college football sat

Oh man I've already said too much about this topic. I won't weigh the UG down with any more commentary about it.

Anybody know if CBS will broadcast this live on the west coast? I remember it was tape delay when Kimbo fought.

U must not live in Chicago.

They've been advertising the hell out of this.

^^^ is 100% right. I have seen numerous commercials on CBS, Spike, Versus amongst others. I have also been to 2 local shows that have promoted the crap out of this event. There is defintly a buzz here in Chicago about this event.

can't wait!

hope it does well, this saturday at 9pm, only on cbs!

ttt

ratings will tank

Excerpt:

Emelianenko, Rogers headed to Chicago Bears game, set to appear on CBS' Halftime Show
by John Morgan on Oct 31, 2009 at 7:40 pm ET
Critics of Strikeforce and CBS' pre-fight build-up to the Nov. 7 event, "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers," have questioned aloud why the network hasn't heavily utilized its NFL programming as a platform for advertisement.

That concern will be addressed on Sunday.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the organization that main-event fighters Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers are set to appear at Sunday's Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns game at Soldier Field in Chicago. The pair will also be interviewed on the CBS Football Halftime Show.

Emelianenko and Rogers meet on Nov. 7 at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill., a suburb of Chicago.

Additional sources close to the network indicated that the dual appearance will kick off a late flurry of marketing efforts to complement the advertising that is already in place.

In addition to the halftime show appearance, Emelianenko and Rogers will also be featured in the upcoming preview show, "FIGHT CAMP 360: Fedor vs. Rogers," which debuts on Showtime on Nov. 3.

"Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers," which is co-presented by M-1 Global, kicks off a multi-event deal between Strikeforce and CBS and puts MMA on major U.S. network television for the first time since EliteXC's short-lived run in 2008.

For complete coverage of "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

I am in Nashville, hardly no mention of it here. Sad, since Fedor could garner alot of new fans to the sport, especially if they showed highlights of the Randleman fight/slam.

Big sports town, big on "wrasslin". Cannot believe it isn't hyped.

Nuckin Futs - 
shootfightermike -  ratings will tank

Why so negative Mike? Its people like you that hope the UFC is the only MMA company left.

When the ppv's are 70 bucks and they go from showing 5 fights to 3, you will have a fucking hard on I'm guessing.

Any real fan will watch CBS this coming Saturday.
sorry. i speak the truth. i will watch as will everyone here

you really think joe average will?

they should be showing more commercials and really trying to attract people to watch this. if the ratings aren't great, CBS is to blame.

I hope it does well too.  But unfortunately the UFC is popular, MMA is not.   Zuffa is in the unusual position of having a monopoly without even trying.  This is the only thing I can think of where the vast majority of the paying public is much more interested in the brand name rather than the product itself. 

Justinmacd - CBS is hurting for $$$. They have to do pretty big ratings here. I know I'll be watching.

ROFL you make it sound like this dinky little show is going to make or break CBS.

perspective people.

lots of average joes are going to watch this. I get asked about this fight all the time by people I didn't even know watch MMA