Fedor signing:"An irate Dana White responds"

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:35 pm EDT

Fedor signing: An irate Dana White responds from Abu Dhabi

News of the Fedor Emelianenko signing filtered out around 12:20 p.m. ET. It's safe to say UFC president Dana White heard about it almost immediately even though he's dealing with business Abu Dhabi. Nice job by Strikeforce to prevent any leaks and spring this on us with zero warning. It's a great signing by Strikeforce. White worked hard and with a very open attitude on signing the world's No. 1 heavyweight but Scott Coker beat him to the punch:

"I'm in Abu Dhabi right now and my reaction is Fedor is a [expletive] joke," White told Cagewriter saying he was unavailable for Monday interview on ESPNRadio1100 at 2:40 p.m. ET. "[He] turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies, for no money. Fedor is a [expletive]."

UPDATE: White followed up with a text at 5:32 p.m. ET:

"I feel sorry for the real fans! I wanted to make the deal but it takes two and it is VERY obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best and doesn't give a [expletive] about the fans."

Turnabout is fair play. Coker left the country to visit Italy two weeks ago and the UFC swooped in to close the Affliction deal and get control of 20-plus contracts. White leaves for the weekend to Abu Dhabi and Fedor is stolen from under his nose. White reportedly offered Fedor a six fight-$30 million deal. One has to wonder if White will continue to play nice with Coker and Strikeforce.

Word, well spoken

WAIT. wait..wait.

So Fedor has signed with Strikeforce?

Well why the fuck hasnt anyone made a thread about it yet?

well apparently dana doesn't give a shit about the fans either if he's trying to get the babalu vs mousasi fight pulled from the strikeforce card.

Strikeforce is making a real play doing this; the reason the Dana hasn't turned the heat on them is that he looked to them as minor league. That's over.

I think the make or break for Stikeforce will be very soon now...

I am constantly amazed Dana is a public position. Fedor strikes me as the type of guy that does not forget insults like this.

"Turnabout is fair play. Coker left the country to visit Italy two weeks ago and the UFC swooped in to close the Affliction deal and get control of 20-plus contracts. White leaves for the weekend to Abu Dhabi and Fedor is stolen from under his nose."

I wonder if Cofield is really dumb enough to believe this? Italy and Abu Dhabi aren't third world countries where you can't find a phone or internet connection

Ryase - I still think Fedor will end up in the UFC. But not until this M1 parasite is off his back.

+1.  I've felt the same way for a while

Styro - well apparently dana doesn't give a shit about the fans either if he's trying to get the babalu vs mousasi fight pulled from the strikeforce card.

Fedor > UFC, suck it Zuffa

Fedoubt- Beware The Growing Epidemic!

ACE won DEAL with it -  Fedoubt- Beware The Growing Epidemic!

LOL

". One has to wonder if White will continue to play nice with Coker and Strikeforce."

Dana stopped playing nice first. Hes already been fucking with strikeforce

Too much Fedoubt!

Fedoubt- Beware The Growing Epidemic!

Magic8 -  So who are the best HW's in the world? 

Cain Velaszuez and Shane Carwin? 

Really?  

Why ? 

Because Dana tells you they are.

No, it's probably Overeem who has 2 wins over opponents with winning records(Goodridge and Buentello) in the last 3 years.

Or maybe it's Brett Rodgers who had beaten a shot Arlovski, Supercan James Thompson and 8 dudes nobody has ever heard of.

Or maybe it's world renowned steroid user Josh Barnett.

There's not much out there in the heavyweight division these days but yeah, I'd say the dudes in the UFC are the best available competition for Fedor.

grimer - 
Magic8 -  So who are the best HW's in the world? 

Cain Velaszuez and Shane Carwin? 

Really?  

Why ? 

Because Dana tells you they are.

No, it's probably Overeem who has 2 wins over opponents with winning records(Goodridge and Buentello) in the last 3 years.

Or maybe it's Brett Rodgers who had beaten a shot Arlovski, Supercan James Thompson and 8 dudes nobody has ever heard of.

Or maybe it's world renowned steroid user Josh Barnett.

There's not much out there in the heavyweight division these days but yeah, I'd say the dudes in the UFC are the best available competition for Fedor.

There is no reason to believe the UFC has the best heavyweights...

seriously this fucking guys fucking spoilled baby additude is why fedor wont sign with the ufc if he could shut his mouth and not insulte everyone that has a difference of opinion with him this would have been done 4 years ago and affliction would have never happened.

here's what the real fans want

dana shut the fuck up you ruin the name of this great thing that you built

lionsoul - There is no reason to believe the UFC has the best heavyweights...

Fedor is the best HW. But I feel that the UFC had the best potential opponents for him. If you feel otherwise show me an organization that has better.

Overeem beat Cro Cop? Wow. So did Cheik Congo and Gabriel Gonzaga. Fedor is scared to fight the best. Dana is right.

Dana is right.