Fedor subbed anyone good?

OGAWA!!!!! OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't have to, thats what makes him the best he has the most tools in the bag.

I'm a huge mark for Fedor, but as far as the best that's ever been?

This shouldn't be a question, but because of his lack of fights in the last 2 years, it is a question.

OK...lets turn the question around...has Nog subbed anyone good in mma? Following are Nog's subs... the only name that comes to mind on the list is Enson... and in that fight Nog made him look like a newly minted blue belt...

Nog's subs: Sylvia, Zulu, Tamura, Herring, Handerson (Nog's answer to Lindland), Schilt, Sapp (after a legendary ass-whopping), Enson, Coleman, Goodridge, Overeem, Kanehara, and Dodd... not exactly grappling's elete...

BiggGunn - 
Animal Chin - he showed us how much of a beating the human head can take without someone dying.

I thought that was Igor V vs. Enson at Pride 10...

Igor was actually an infant Fedor...;)

Good post thelifecoach you just qualified for the Sherdog Forum.

Yeah lifecoach, I can't believe how badly he got dominated in his fights with Nogx2 and Cro Cop, I mean it was embarrassing.

How many times has Nog been stopped again?

It's Your Father I suspect.

Pulsar is correct.

thelifecoach = Your Father, the UG's most notorious pro-BJJ, Brazilian-nuthugging troll.

Disregard accordingly.

If a fighter's not BJJ - and especially if he's Asian or Russian, or uses their inferior grappling styles of judo and sambo (or worst of all, catch wrestling) - await the post from Your Father attempting to wholesale discredit him.

So threads about Fedor, Josh Barnett, Sakuraba, and lately Cung Le (Asian AND uses a style that resembles TMA? oh, the horror...) tend to be particularly magnetic for him, like dung for the fly.

Captain Burma - "OK...lets turn the question around...has Nog subbed anyone good in mma?"

- Exactly.

Again, that just speaks to the larger point about how there just haven't been all that many submission wins against top HW's ever in MMA.

Nog's definitely the best submissions HW ever.

And yet the best submissions-skilled HW that Nog's ever subbed (aside from much smaller guys like Tamura and Enson) has been Heath Herring (who Fedor didn't sub, but battered into a stoppage instead).

Now that certainly doesn't take anything away from Nog's all-time-great sub skills - but just emphatically points out how rare submission wins over a sub-savvy HW have really been.

"So threads about Fedor, Josh Barnett, Sakuraba, and lately Cung Le (Asian AND uses a style that resembles TMA? oh, the horror...) tend to be particularly magnetic for him, like dung for the fly."

Hey, lets forget the itty bitty extra parts about

Fedor = schooled Nog twice

Barnett = also beaten Nog

Saku = aint called the Gracie Hunter for nothing

So if Cung beats a BJJ guy down...whoa, watch out!

As for Nog, its obvious that he is the best HW sub guy ever but while we're busy shittin on Fedor's sub skills, when put into perspective, the guys Nog's tapped havent been world better as you'd think, yes.

And again, still curious that no one mentions of Coleman's cluelessness was mentioned when Nog tapped him but there were incessant flaming about that as soon as Coleman tapped the mat against Fedor. Could be possibly that someone became really angry that Fedor had just matched Nog's feat in being the only 2 guys to tap Coleman and that Fedor did it much quicker after hitting the ground.

Wasa-B is correct.

People seem to forget that Coleman got tapped by Fedor 2x as fast as Nog did it.

fedor x arona, fedor x babalu and 3x fedor x minotauro. if Fedor is so good how come he couldnt finish none of then???