Fedor v. Herring

Got Christmas gift of a Pride 2-Pack. Can't remember the names of the events, both really shitty, but there were some fights of interest.

I found it amusing that when Herring and Fedor fought, Herring was the favorite. Bas and especially Quadros kept referring to Fedor as "this guy."

Also I fogot the fight was called on a cut. Granted Fedor dominated the first 9 minutes, Heath did get some shots in in the last minute of the round and appeared game except for the cut.

Nog v. Schilt was more competitive than I remembered as well.

I wonder how the fight would have turned out if Herring wasn't cut

it would have turned out the same way, fedor brutally TKO'ing him

I can still remember the deep thud sounds Fedor's fists were making on Herring's cranium...What a beating herring took on the ground...Great fight.

"I wonder how the fight would have turned out if Herring wasn't cut"

lol.

I think Fedor would have won but it wasn't as if Heath didn't have any fight left in him.

As to the thudding sound, I think it was our first introduction, a trailer if you will, to his devestating ground and pound that was later on full display in the Nog matchup.

What also struck me is how bad these card were. This one had the infamous Sak v. Arsene "match". God that was the worst fight I have ever watched on PPV. No was I watching that again on DVD.

^^^^ that was the worst fight I have ever seen

Schilt vs Pete Williams is one of my fav UFC fights.

Both Nog vs Herring matches were awesome. If Herring isn't injured when
he debuts in the UFC, he could be a force. I'd love to see him vs Arlovski &
Vera.