Fedor vs. Jaideep Singh Question...

Fedor did not try and stand with this guy. He clinched and took him down, which is something he seemingly stopped doing after the Sylvia fight, preferring instead to stand and wang.

Why do you suppose he did it with Singh and not Maldanado, or any other recent fighter, you think?

A simple victory with no added threat imo

3rdAveE - A simple victory with no added threat imo

Which then begs the question, why doesn't he always use a safer/wiser gameplan instead of just rushing out and throwing bombs?

In the Maldanado fight, Fedor had him backed up along the fence with punches, the perfect chance to clinch and take him down. But instead he backs off and wants to keep punching with a pro boxer.

my guess is fedor thought he would outstrike maldo

i hope he grapples mitrione

Fedor fought Fabio on home turf, he probably wanted a more exciting victory.

I wondered that myself. Maybe when Fedor got caught and severely hurt the game plan just flew out the window. 

But it you'd think his sambo instincts would set in, right? The Maldonado fight was super weird. 

He's too old to play people at their own game now. He needs to be a tactician and use a sensible game plan.

Certainly fought silly against Maldonado.

touch - 

I can see this. The Monson and Rizzo fights come to mind. Fedor is always in action fights

Fabio has a reputation of being a gritty, but very hittable volume (not power) puncher. Fedor was probably as surprised by everyone else when he got dropped.

touch -

Da.

touch -

He probably thought he needed a big finish after that 1st round too. 

ThinkMMA - 
touch -

But even before Fedor got rocked in the 1st round, he had Fabio pinned up against the cage, defending a flurry. Would have been the perfect time to clinch and throw/trip.

Carson's Corner radio show - 

Fedor seems to go for takedowns way more in the ring!

True. Wonder why?

wrongaboutVitali -
ThinkMMA - 
touch -

But even before Fedor got rocked in the 1st round, he had Fabio pinned up against the cage, defending a flurry. Would have been the perfect time to clinch and throw/trip.

Yeah, and those are exciting too. He was exciting before he tried being a KO artost, i hope he sticks with sambo against mitrione

touch -

In addition to this, Fedor fights on instincts more than a set gameplan, so something he does one night might match up well with his opponent, or it might not