Fedor vs Lesnar in 2009: Who would have won?

Who would have won if Fedor came over to the UFC and faced Lesnar at UFC 103 in 2009?

4 Likes

I'm assuming Fedor.  Lesnar wasn't on Kevin Randleman's level overall and Fedor (although slammed on his head) handled him.

2 Likes

Would be interesting; both would gas out after big outputs.  Fedor pulls it out though.  Probably a better fight than lots of people would think.

It's hard to say really. We saw Fedor struggle against Werdum and Antonio Silva. Even Brett Rogers tested him. What did they all have in common? They were bigger than Fedor. Lesnar was bigger, faster, stronger and had better wrestling than all of them. If he put Fedor on his back, Fedor would have been in a lot of trouble. 

2005 Fedor has a good chance. 2009 Fedor - he just wasn't the same fighter. The one thing he has going for him is that Lesnar doesn't like getting hit, so if Fedor lands one or two good shots, Lesnar may turtle up letting Fedor get the TKO from a ref stoppage. 

If I had to bet money, seeing how Fedor struggled with the 3 afformentioned guys - I think Lesnar wins it. 

2 Likes

Fedor has a puncher's chance, but his grappling skillset is a bad matchup for Lesnar.  Most wrestlers took him down fairly easily.  Fedor was able to pull things out because the wrestlers he faced didn't really do cross training to defend submissions.

On a SideNote -

I'm assuming Fedor.  Lesnar wasn't on Kevin Randleman's level overall and Fedor (although slammed on his head) handled him.

Lesnar outweighed Randleman by like 50lbs. Apples and oranges. And Lesnar was every bit on Randleman's level. He beat Herring, Couture, Mir and Carwin. 

4 Likes
On a SideNote -

lol

On a SideNote -

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA you comedian 

1 Like
Samoa -

Would be interesting; both would gas out after big outputs.  Fedor pulls it out though.  Probably a better fight than lots of people would think.

How do u think fedor pulls it out 

1 Like
JOB -

It's hard to say really. We saw Fedor struggle against Werdum and Antonio Silva. Even Brett Rogers tested him. What did they all have in common? They were bigger than Fedor. Lesnar was bigger, faster, stronger and had better wrestling than all of them. If he put Fedor on his back, Fedor would have been in a lot of trouble. 

2005 Fedor has a good chance. 2009 Fedor - he just wasn't the same fighter. The one thing he has going for him is that Lesnar doesn't like getting hit, so if Fedor lands one or two good shots, Lesnar may turtle up letting Fedor get the TKO from a ref stoppage. 

If I had to bet money, seeing how Fedor struggled with the 3 afformentioned guys - I think Lesnar wins it. 

Good, logical post.

leifdawg -

Fedor has a puncher's chance, but his grappling skillset is a bad matchup for Lesnar.  Most wrestlers took him down fairly easily.  Fedor was able to pull things out because the wrestlers he faced didn't really do cross training to defend submissions.

good post.

Lesnar, cain and couture really represented the coming of next generation of wrestlers who developed solid BJJ and sub defense.

Coleman and Randleman were legends, but they were the first generation of wrestlers who lacked BJJ skills 

JOB -
On a SideNote -

Lesnar outweighed Randleman by like 50lbs. Apples and oranges. And Lesnar was every bit on Randleman's level. He beat Herring, Couture, Mir and Carwin. 

Good point. As a wrestler, Lesnar was on randlemans level.

As an MMA fighter, Lesnar was much better on every other level. Better grappler, better sub defense, better striker and of course a bigger HW.

1 Like

Either Fedor puts him away early or Brock wins a decision.  That's in 2009 though.  I'd still favor Fedor in 2009 since I don't think Brock handles speed and explosiveness too well....and Fedor still had enough of it then.

1 Like

Frate train. Fedor would have been overwhelmed with his physicalness and size. 

Fedor.

2 Likes

Don't feed the troll

5 Likes

Brock and it's not even close, Fedor isn't stopping the takedown and Brock ain't standing with him.

1 Like
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

Brock and it's not even close, Fedor isn't stopping the takedown and Brock ain't standing with him.

correct

1 Like

The fans

Just imagine if Lesnar had started training UFC right after highschool.