Feel So much Better without caffeine!

7-8 days ago i stopped taking caffeine..i was dosing 3-400 mgs a day and it got to the point where i felt like shit all the time..i was lethargic, anxious, irritable and just didnt feel good..i went cold turkey and yep, the first 3-4 days sucked..very sleepy, nice little headache and i was actually depressed..5th 6th and 7th days were starting to get better and now on the 8th day, ive felt better than i have in months, maybe years..its weird because i used to think i needed caffeine to get thru the day but the opposite is true, i have more energy without it and its a nice, smooth energy compared to the jittery type caffeine gives you..so caffeine basically lies to you like many other drugs..not only is energy better but my mood is overall much better..

ugh i just with i had quit it earlier, much earlier..the only drawback i can see is i dont get an instant jolt to go workout like i used to but oh well, i just push myself harder and my cardio is better without the speedy stuff..

anyone else in the same boat?the major thing is most people hooked on the shit think they have to have it to get thru the day but damn is that not true..

Give it time, you'll miss it. Phone Post 3.0

LOL

300 mg is just in my pre workout Phone Post 3.0

Caffeine half life is ~10 hrs. If you drink it after noon, you're doing yourself a disfavor. Recently, I've stopped after 1 my morning coffee and I've never in my life slept better.

Noticeably less anxious as well. Phone Post 3.0

DBSH209 - Caffeine half life is ~10 hrs. If you drink it after noon, you're doing yourself a disfavor. Recently, I've stopped after 1 my morning coffee and I've never in my life slept better.

There is a genetic factor involved- there are two versions of a gene for the enzyme that breaks down caffeine. In most individuals the half life is something like 4 hours, whereas in sensitive individuals like myself, its more like 16 hours.

I found this out after I did a DNA test.... there are genetic factors for many things that influence how a person responds to various compounds.

I stopped two weeks ago because of bowel issues (damn you father time!) and I too feel better. I'm not as tired anymore since I stopped, so I don't need the caffeine anymore. I did drink a half a can of 16oz monster energy yesterday and had to dump the rest out because it was hitting me hard. I  consumed less than 100mg. I never felt caffeine hit me like that in years. In fact, I barely feel the effects of caffeine if I consumed it daily.

VTFU

I needed this post. I gave up caffeine 5 days ago, and I feel like complete horseshit. The first couple days I couldn't stay awake. I kept napping. The last two days, I've been somewhat less tired, but more distressing, I feel completely unmotivated and kind of depressed. I just don't want to do anything.

But, I do feel slightly better today than yesterday. I think I'm following your exact timeline. I'm happy to hear there's a goddamn light at the end of the tunnel. I was almost ready to give in, but I can sit around depressed for another couple days until this passes. Thanks for the motivation!

Clarence Parents - Give it time, you'll miss it. Phone Post 3.0

miss what, the anxiety and jittery energy i got from it?will miss gassing out seconds into hitting the heavybag?honestly i dont see any benefits to using caffeine..

hell so many people complain about not being able to wake up without it..they cant imagine going about their day without it...i feel much better when i wake up, much more clear headed..its really a huge improvement..

DBSH209 - Caffeine half life is ~10 hrs. If you drink it after noon, you're doing yourself a disfavor. Recently, I've stopped after 1 my morning coffee and I've never in my life slept better.

the reduction in anxiety is very noticeable for me..anyone with an anxiety disorder should ditch the caffeine right away..

Phaedo - VTFU

I needed this post. I gave up caffeine 5 days ago, and I feel like complete horseshit. The first couple days I couldn't stay awake. I kept napping. The last two days, I've been somewhat less tired, but more distressing, I feel completely unmotivated and kind of depressed. I just don't want to do anything.

But, I do feel slightly better today than yesterday. I think I'm following your exact timeline. I'm happy to hear there's a goddamn light at the end of the tunnel. I was almost ready to give in, but I can sit around depressed for another couple days until this passes. Thanks for the motivation!

my 8th day off it today, trust me, a huge light at the nd of the tunnel..u will wish u had quit it sooner, i know i do!

TInkerbellBeefcake - bet you're going to talk about it daily now, might as well go vegan and eat cock
LOL Phone Post 3.0

ons ear -
Clarence Parents - Give it time, you'll miss it. Phone Post 3.0

miss what, the anxiety and jittery energy i got from it?will miss gassing out seconds into hitting the heavybag?honestly i dont see any benefits to using caffeine..

hell so many people complain about not being able to wake up without it..they cant imagine going about their day without it...i feel much better when i wake up, much more clear headed..its really a huge improvement..
Give it time. It's only been 8 days. Phone Post 3.0

Ok, so what are you ex-caffeine drinkers drinking instead?

Plain filtered water.

I used to drink a lot of diet coke not too long ago and hated drinking water. Once you stop drinking anything but water, you'll eventually come ot love water and basically want it over any other bevergae.

HERTSWENIP -

There is a genetic factor involved- there are two versions of a gene for the enzyme that breaks down caffeine. In most individuals the half life is something like 4 hours, whereas in sensitive individuals like myself, its more like 16 hours.

I found this out after I did a DNA test.... there are genetic factors for many things that influence how a person responds to various compounds.
You must not be Columbian Phone Post 3.0

Dodge135 - 

i didnt drink coffee, i took caffeine pills

fanat - LOL

300 mg is just in my pre workout Phone Post 3.0

this. lol. 

I start with a monster when I wake up.  Then i have a serious influx of caffeine when I take my pre-workout. ( Bull Nox )   Then after workout and shake, I'll begin my afternoon with another monster to get me just right.

I feel fucking fantastic too. 

Fighting, how mnay days a week do you workout?

Jack Carter -

Fighting, how mnay days a week do you workout?

23, he works out 23 days a week. It's definitely the caffeine that gets him through. Without it he wouldn't be able to add weeks to his days. Phone Post 3.0

ons ear -
Dodge135 - 

i didnt drink coffee, i took caffeine pills

Yes, but are you avoiding caffeine drinks too?