Feelings of hopelessness?

I don’t have a calendar.

I feel a lot better already. I’ve still got a long way to go as far as getting myself back into good shape but I feel like I can do this.

3 Likes

I’ve went from jacked to looking like shiat a couple times. Just don’t take no for an answer. Eat good. Muscle memory is your friend. You’ll be whipped right back in shape.

sorry, a picture is not proof of anything.

Thanks for the motivation! I needed that.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the support and motivation! I’ll get a handle on this.

2 Likes

The idea of “tomorrow” is a splinter in the mind.

And actually a partial cause, itself, of feelings such as hopelessness and despair.

It’s futile to remedy a symptom with its cause IMO.

“Around us, life bursts with miracles – a glass of water, a ray of sunshine, a leaf, a caterpillar, a flower, laughter, raindrops. If you live in awareness, it is easy to see miracles everywhere. Each human being is a multiplicity of miracles. Eyes that see thousands of colors, shapes, and forms; ears that hear a bee flying or a thunderclap; a brain that ponders a speck of dust as easily as the entire cosmos; a heart that beats in rhythm with the heartbeat of all beings. When we are tired and feel discouraged by life’s daily struggles, we may not notice these miracles, but they are always there.”

~ Nhat Hanh

2 Likes

Problem is, most people do not live in awareness.

They live in the mind, with is not awareness.

The disconnect from awareness and into the mind is the cause of sorrow.

My advice is to become obsessed with throwing and developing the best possible left hook that you are able to throw. It may not solve everything but it does help, fren.

Last year I went through a separation and divorce, and covid had a huge impact on my business and finances. I met a woman during that time who stood by me through it all, more so than you would ever reasonably expect someone you just met. She has given me a life that I never thought possible. A life that I thought only happened to other people. Better people.

My grandfather was a WWII veteran, he was a bad alcoholic after the war. He stopped drinking, and he was having a new house built. He was 41 years old when he went to work one day, had a heart attack and died and never got to move into his new house. I am named after him, but I never knew him. He died before I was born.

I think about my grandfather a lot, especially lately. I think about the things he went through, mistakes he made, and then he died after he changed his ways. I’m afraid that will happen to me. And this is less than a year after I was contemplating suicide after losing my business and marriage. Now I am terrified of dying.

I say all that to tell you, that life can be hard, sometimes you feel adrift, sometimes you feel hopeless, but even in those moments you have to remember that you are not promised time. It is 1am where I am, lots of people went to bed tonight, not knowing that today was their last day. Or maybe tomorrow, someone meets that person who completes them, and exceeds every hope and dream that they ever had. Even if they don’t deserve it.

Life can change in a moment, and you have no way to know what will happen next. Stay the course, live for the moment, let your loved ones know how much they mean. Make peace with yourself, and your past the best you can. There is no shame in asking for help if you need it.

1 Like