Fellas

Over the last several days I have tried to be as honest as possible to answer questions that weren't exactly honest all the time. I have operated openly and engaged with people who present a world view that I absolutely oppose..

In that time two different threads we're created in direct response to these actions.
One claiming that I am a liberal and refusing to be talked off the ledge.
And another claiming I am the definition of racism and am responsible for everything wrong with this site.

Along the way I have actively challenged those who think I don't enforce the TOS and those who clearly violate same.
Nobody got banned.
One guy got frozen simply because he wouldn't respond to my open challenge.
Within minutes of being called a right wing shill I temp froze a thread that included a comment that could be considered by most as anti semitism until the poster got ahold of me and we worked it out like gentlemen, fixed the problem, and opened the thread back up based on a common understanding.

During that same time I have received a ton of PMs. Some of them were the usual shit... How do I change my screen name, can you delete a post I regret making, can you move a thread made in the wrong forum... Normal day to day shit that I gladly do because I make a point of being visible and accessable because it's the definition of what a moderator is supposed to do.

I've also gotten a barrage of "he's picking on me and even though I'm an admitted confrontational asshole he should be banned because wah" PMs.

And I've answered them all.

I've been extremely clear about how I do things and extremely clear about why.

Apparently the vocal minority simply won't accept an honest answer if it doesn't placate whatever current Temper Tantrum they have a deep seeded psychological need to publicly throw.

I mod out in the open out of a very real anger I developed while a poster for 9 years watching red names be power tripping assholes, other red names actively ignore things, and knowing full well that a shocking amount of industry people had not only site moderation powers but lacked the balls to to admit they were a mod, take credit for their work, or even post under their real name.

I talked alot of shit about this for several years. Alot.

Nobody was more surprised than me that I was asked to be a mod and I've always tried to be honest and fair. Always tried to do it the way I wished others would have done it. Since I've had "access" to behind the curtain I've been pretty damn blunt about this to other mods and admin in private.

All I've done in the last 13 months is to stand up for the average user and let them know that they are heard while simultaneously pointing out to "us mods" that things are kinda broken.

I guess the great experiment is over.
I gave you guys exactly what you said you wanted but some of you would rather argue semantics instead of admit that you were being an intentional cunt.

So..... I will no longer answer your questions. I will no longer explain why you were frozen. I will no longer give you a chance to explain yourself before that happens. I will no longer go to bat for people I think are assholes.
I will no longer challenge you to be a better person, regardless of your sociopolitical viewpoint.
I will no longer sign my work.

I'll just do shit without any accountability to the users that make this site great.
Because that's clearly what you want.

You have no interest in any answer that doesn't mean you get exactly what you want.

I guess I'm officially a mod now

At least for the next 10-15 minutes

I still love you!

Fuck everyone, everywhere anyways... its a fucking forum!   Its not real life.  

Welcome to the mod club!!

"he's picking on me and even though I'm an admitted confrontational asshole he should be banned because wah" PMs.

people really act like this on here, going crying to Mods when their feelings get hurt??? LMAO

I would love to meet some of these people in person

and you're a great MOD MM

Does that mean you answered my pm from two months ago, finally?

its got nothing to do with any of the stuff you posted about. I just want to know if I should check my pms. 

Thanks in advance. 

Ramon Maroni - "he's picking on me and even though I'm an admitted confrontational asshole he should be banned because wah" PMs.

people really act like this on here, going crying to Mods when their feelings get hurt??? LMAO

You’d be surprised. It’s sad and hilarious.  

clattymine - 
Ramon Maroni - "he's picking on me and even though I'm an admitted confrontational asshole he should be banned because wah" PMs.

it blows my mind that some people take it this seriously, I kinda feel sorry for them

clattymine -

To be fair, RHJOP is constantly bringing up his 5.75” hog in an obvious effort to make me jealous.

This week has been hilarious on here.

So posting JLaw nudes will no longer result in a warning or explanation? That's not cool man

TL/DR.

I just clicked on the thread because I read the title in the voice of Dave Chappele's impression of Michael Jackson... "fellas".

I cannot believe people pm mods.

Why was that “fellas” thread deleted? It was comical seeing orcus try and derail it 

Munk - I cannot believe people pm mods.

“He’s picking on me” sums up a few pussy users

Good on you MM

I also realized after reading your op there are some straight up cry baby bitches on here. 

Holyshit guys! If you have ever pmd a mod complaining of somebody picking on you please go kill yourself. What a fucking joke. Some of you faggots take this way to serious.

WikiTheWalrus -

TL/DR.

I just clicked on the thread because I read the title in the voice of Dave Chappele's impression of Michael Jackson... "fellas".

I sound exactly like that when I make noises

Hammerstein -
disbeliever - 

Why was that “fellas” thread deleted? It was comical seeing orcus try and derail it 

checks thread title

Yeah wtf?  lol

So much drama around here lately.  As the og turns.

This thread is sad and hilarious. 

Seriously I hope you mods and former mods are exaggerating. 

All I can picture is some Eric Cartman looking fat fuck posting from his mom's house crying bc the internet got to serious.

LOLOLOLOLOL

MountainMedic -
WikiTheWalrus -

TL/DR.

I sound exactly like that when I make noises

legit lol

I'm probably going to read all of your posts from now on like that. 

You win... for now.