female fighters

A lot of female boxers have strong backgrounds in martial arts and since the pay scale for women's mma probably isn't much less than for women's boxing I hope a lot of them make the transition. I'm not the biggest fan of women in combat sports, but I'd love to see somebody like a Lucia Rijker mix it up. She was an undefeated kickboxer before becoming a boxer.

thoughts?

Women shouldn't box or do MMA. Except Gina, she can do whatever she wants.

"since the pay scale for women's mma probably isn't much less than for women's boxing"

That's exactly it. Pay for women's MMA is WAY less than it is for boxing. So it's really more the opposite, female MMA fighters moving to boxing to get the payday.

But lately there have been more women boxers moving to MMA, but probably not for $ reasons, probably just to mix it up or that MMA is getting more and more popular with the mainstream audience every day....

Also there is a smaller pool of competition in MMA, so it would be easier for them to get recognized. Plus MMA is more forgiving and it's not such a big deal to be in your 40's and competing.