Passive Jay -
Passive Jay -
And still you've not had them set and meet a firm appointment so that you can be there to assess the work to completion. MANY posters have suggested it and you just choose to ignore this sound advice. It's way easier to fuck people over via email or even phone than it is in person. Do you honestly think they don't have another tool in the company? You're just a very low priority and it's the way you conduct yourself that is part of the reason for it.
In that light, I can't say you don't kinda deserve all of the time you've wasted on this simple project. It's a shame you so often refuse sound advice, even from the people who aren't shitting on you for yucks.
you are funny
who said I ignored advice? I wanted them there on a monday or tuesday. They were all booked up for at least a few weeks. So you are saying I should have not let them come out to fix it and wait 3 weeks? And then when they do it wrong wait another few weeks until they have another monday or tuesday open?
People seem to think that when they post advice if I do not quote it and say "THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO" I am not paying attention.
Jay, you paid before anyone else with whom they are "busy". You also have the ability to contact HD directly. The fact that you actually think the only choices were them coming whenver they feel like it or waiting 3 weeks is why you're in this predicament.
And yea, imagine that. People might expect a guy that posts pics his work lunch might share when/if he follows the advice he's been given. But still, the advice wasn't to cross your fingers that they'll come when you're home, it was to make it happen.
You may not realize it but what I said above is the truth. There are people in this world that get things done and there are people who just hope things happen. You're under no obligation to be any certain way, but be sure, it's completely within your control which of those you are.
i can understand that. but let me ask you, if you had told them you needed them out on a monday or tuesday and they said they did not have those open for a few weeks what would you have said? I told them that it was unacceptable and they basicly told me tough shit. (politely).
I'd have called the HD rep I worked with and if they couldn't help, asked for their Mgr and/or called corporate. Then I'd have said if they can't get this done this week, I'll be forced to dispute the charges/stop payment and have another co come out to fix it and they can pay you for the difference. I'd mention that I am active on review sites and would love to leave a positive review, but 3 weeks would make that a hard thing to imagine. I'd talk about the idea of my dog escaping or, god forbid being injured in the fence gaps. I'd talk about your concern that neighborhood children could be cut by the debris their workers left scattered in the yard or by the jagagged edges left by incomplete work, where they often play tag. I'd say that part of the reason for the fence is that you have a hot tub out back and you fear neighborhood children climbing in. That if the fence isn't secure and the unthinkable happens, how awful that would be.
believe me, they'd get their asses over there ASAP.
In these situations it helps to picture yourself in their shoes. What would worry me enough to make Jay's job a priority? That's always going to come down to risking non-payment and liability.
Obviously I'd start out with more honey than vinegar, but I'd make sure they took me seriously and understood I expect to be a priority.