fence installed, not happy with it, should I be?

Passive Jay -

had a 6 foot high chain link fence installed for our small dogs. Sales person was aware that it was for small dogs.

But when installed the fence has a 4 and a half inch gap between the pole and the garage

and a 5 inch gap under the fence (also did not trim the top there correctly)

Shitty work...  matches the house 

BRZ -

Seriously how many times has someone come to work on the fence since the first day?  Jay

three times I think. 

lifeofjaze -
Passive Jay -

had a 6 foot high chain link fence installed for our small dogs. Sales person was aware that it was for small dogs.

But when installed the fence has a 4 and a half inch gap between the pole and the garage

and a 5 inch gap under the fence (also did not trim the top there correctly)

Shitty work...  matches the house 

on one hand yes my house is kind of shabby.

on the other hand you most likely paid more for your car than I did for my house. 

And still you've not had them set and meet a firm appointment so that you can be there to assess the work to completion. MANY posters have suggested it and you just choose to ignore this sound advice. It's way easier to fuck people over via email or even phone than it is in person. Do you honestly think they don't have another tool in the company? You're just a very low priority and it's the way you conduct yourself that is part of the reason for it. 
In that light, I can't say you don't kinda deserve all of the time you've wasted on this simple project. It's a shame you so often refuse sound advice, even from the people who aren't shitting on you for yucks. 

The sad part is that once it's completely finished, it's still going to look ridiculous. I'd be pissed if I was your neighbor 

scrapdo -

And still you've not had them set and meet a firm appointment so that you can be there to assess the work to completion. MANY posters have suggested it and you just choose to ignore this sound advice. It's way easier to fuck people over via email or even phone than it is in person. Do you honestly think they don't have another tool in the company? You're just a very low priority and it's the way you conduct yourself that is part of the reason for it. 
In that light, I can't say you don't kinda deserve all of the time you've wasted on this simple project. It's a shame you so often refuse sound advice, even from the people who aren't shitting on you for yucks. 

you are funny

who said I ignored advice? I wanted them there on a monday or tuesday.  They were all booked up for at least a few weeks. So you are saying I should have not let them come out to fix it and wait 3 weeks? And then when they do it wrong wait another few weeks until they have another monday or tuesday open?

People seem to think that when they post advice if I do not quote it and say "THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO" I am not paying attention.

Passive Jay -
scrapdo -

you are funny

who said I ignored advice? I wanted them there on a monday or tuesday.  They were all booked up for at least a few weeks. So you are saying I should have not let them come out to fix it and wait 3 weeks? And then when they do it wrong wait another few weeks until they have another monday or tuesday open?

People seem to think that when they post advice if I do not quote it and say "THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO" I am not paying attention.

Jay, you paid before anyone else with whom they are "busy". You also have the ability to contact HD directly. The fact that you actually think the only choices were them coming whenver they feel like it or waiting 3 weeks is why you're in this predicament. 
But we're already in week 2 and you've wasted time and energy for several visits and follow-ups so is actually say, in this scenario, yes. Yes, 3 weeks of waiting for them to show when you are home to get it done in one try would have absolutely been the better, less stressful and more efficient way to go. But you and I both know those weren't your only choices. Just like it's not a choice between buying a car at MSRP or walking to work. 

And yea, imagine that. People might expect a guy that posts pics his work lunch might share when/if he follows the advice he's been given. But still, the advice wasn't to cross your fingers that they'll come when you're home, it was to make it happen. 
You may not realize it but what I said above is the truth. There are people in this world that get things done and there are people who just hope things happen. You're under no obligation to be any certain way, but be sure, it's completely within your control which of those you are. 

scrapdo -
Passive Jay -
scrapdo -

you are funny

Jay, you paid before anyone else with whom they are "busy". You also have the ability to contact HD directly. The fact that you actually think the only choices were them coming whenver they feel like it or waiting 3 weeks is why you're in this predicament. 

And yea, imagine that. People might expect a guy that posts pics his work lunch might share when/if he follows the advice he's been given. But still, the advice wasn't to cross your fingers that they'll come when you're home, it was to make it happen. 
You may not realize it but what I said above is the truth. There are people in this world that get things done and there are people who just hope things happen. You're under no obligation to be any certain way, but be sure, it's completely within your control which of those you are. 

i can understand that. but let me ask you, if you had told them you needed them out on a monday or tuesday and they said they did not have those open for a few weeks what would you have said? I told them that it was unacceptable and they basicly told me tough shit. (politely).

Jay, it boils down to this, some people get it done some people get excuses. You are, as your name states, very passive in life. You could use a dose of assertiveness.

Didn't you say they were doing the adjustments for free? So it seems like that is what you're getting at this point, "free" work treatment. All other paying business will be dealt with before you, lol. They made a customer service gesture, but are handling it like dickheads. When they should have just done it right to begin with.

So I guess you can be nice and just deal with all their bullshit patiently and hope it gets dealt with properly eventually. Or get in people's asses. I'd probably be making sure I'm talking to people in person and letting them know my time is valuable and bullshit is not acceptable. Not spazzing and yelling, but calmly and sternly explaining that I'm not happy and need it fixed yesterday.

Let em know it's a shit job and I'd be fine with them removing it and giving me a full refund so I can go somewhere capable of doing professional work. General life rule is to keep things cool, but when you're getting fucked around because the other party is being uncool, you gotta make adjustments.

Passive Jay -
scrapdo -
Passive Jay -
scrapdo -

you are funny

i can understand that. but let me ask you, if you had told them you needed them out on a monday or tuesday and they said they did not have those open for a few weeks what would you have said? I told them that it was unacceptable and they basicly told me tough shit. (politely).

I'd have called the HD rep I worked with and if they couldn't help, asked for their Mgr and/or called corporate. Then I'd have said if they can't get this done this week, I'll be forced to dispute the charges/stop payment and have another co come out to fix it and they can pay you for the difference. I'd mention that I am active on review sites and would love to leave a positive review, but 3 weeks would make that a hard thing to imagine. I'd talk about the idea of my dog escaping or, god forbid being injured in the fence gaps. I'd talk about your concern that neighborhood children could be cut by the debris their workers left scattered in the yard or by the jagagged edges left by incomplete work, where they often play tag. I'd say that part of the reason for the fence is that you have a hot tub out back and you fear neighborhood children climbing in. That if the fence isn't secure and the unthinkable happens, how awful that would be.
believe me, they'd get their asses over there ASAP. 

In these situations it helps to picture yourself in their shoes. What would worry me enough to make Jay's job a priority? That's always going to come down to risking non-payment and liability. 

Obviously I'd start out with more honey than vinegar, but I'd make sure they took me seriously and understood I expect to be a priority. 

PeteyWheatstraw - Didn't you say they were doing the adjustments for free? So it seems like that is what you're getting at this point, "free" work treatment. All other paying business will be dealt with before you, lol. They made a customer service gesture, but are handling it like dickheads. When they should have just done it right to begin with.

So I guess you can be nice and just deal with all their bullshit patiently and hope it gets dealt with properly eventually. Or get in people's asses. I'd probably be making sure I'm talking to people in person and letting them know my time is valuable and bullshit is not acceptable. Not spazzing and yelling, but calmly and sternly explaining that I'm not happy and need it fixed yesterday.

Let em know it's a shit job and I'd be fine with them removing it and giving me a full refund so I can go somewhere capable of doing professional work. General life rule is to keep things cool, but when you're getting fucked around because the other party is being uncool, you gotta make adjustments.

Agree 100%. Always start being as nice as possible and maintain that demeanor even when presenting them with all of your options "that you would hate to have happen." I also like the suggestion of refund and fence removal. They will do anything to avoid that. 

Fucking Scrap an Petey over here dropping knowledge,as per usual 

if you guys were a tv/movie twosome, I'm thinking tango an  cash or Miami vice maybe

Tell them they need it fixed now and if they don't, you'll go to the local media.

A human interest piece on the local news about their company taking advantage of a 7 foot retard could be devestating to their business.

They'll come out and fix that fucker right away

1 Like
PatK - 

Tell them they need it fixed now and if they don't, you'll go to the local media.

A human interest piece on the local news about their company taking advantage of a 7 foot retard could be devestating to their business.

Wih PJ's luck they'd show up on a snowy day and the news van couldnt access his driveway.

1 Like

RenatoCocopreta - 
PatK - 

Wih PJ's luck they'd show up on a snowy day and the news van couldnt access his driveway.

LOL

Lol this was gold!!!