Ferox's MMA Trivia/Noob Test

these questions need some different organization questions. ones apart from the UFC

let's see...

who was the fighter that though he was in a shoot with sakuraba but later found out it was fake(allegedly)...and what show was it in?

who practiced the deadly art of hawaiian bone breaking and who ended up "practicing" it on him(and name the event)?

name three fighters who had their hair pulled to end up losing(and name the events)

I'm not looking at anyone else's answers or using google. I keep it real

1)If you're coming on, then COME ON!!! He said they say it in CANADIA~!

2) John Hess.

3) Medium rare. I don't actually remember this but it's the only way to eat steak and Andy looked like he ate a lot of it.

4) No pulling hair. Uh, no pulling trunks.

5) UNKNOWN. I remember this well. Didn't see it again since Celebrity Boxing.

6) Fish hook? I remember Cal tapped, got pissed and flipped him off then told John to DQ him.

7) "I bet Tra wishes he had that other pectoral muscle right about now."

8) Vodka & cranberry. He said he didn't drink beer in that infamous Sherdog interview that got him his second MMA life.

9) judo black belts.

10) He went for a single when Conan landed a shot. BJM called the bout, then UFC had them rematch the same night.

TH

Ooops, I see the thread has moved on.

OK, here's pigpens:

1) Kimo. That was... UWF? I would need to check FCfighter to check the promotion

2) John Matua. Tank knocked him out in the UFC.

3) Erik Paulson at WCC is the most obvious. Uh... Kimo in the UFC vs Royce, and Daniel Mendoza in England :)

TH

lol@me or anyone else spending so much time googling all those answers

hackett...actually for no 2 I was thinking of someone else

my memory is a bit shaky from all the drinking I have done though, so I could be wrong...

hackett or anyone else care to take another guess?

LOL@Gentle Giant Jon Hess

'name three fighters who had their hair pulled to end up losing(and name the events)'

Kimo - Ufc

Eric Paulson - Wcc

The Pedro by Gary Goodridge in Ivc(but it wasn't the hair on his head)

Ferox Vodka Cranberry is Tanks drink of choice

Pigpen, got it then.

2 is Mike Botonio. Vale beat him up at WCC.

TH, no google necessary. I keep it real

1) Name the 2 commentators for Battlecade's Extreme Fighting.

2) Who won the World Combat Championship and whom did he fight in the finals?

3) Then name and nickname of the fighter that fought Dan Severn in the semi's of UFC 4.

4) The name of the submission grappling event that aired on pay-per view. hint John Perretti was involved.

Love the trivia...

1) Name the 2 commentators for Battlecade's Extreme Fighting. - Can only guess that John Perretti was one

2) Who won the World Combat Championship and whom did he fight in the finals? - Renzo beat James Warring

3) Then name and nickname of the fighter that fought Dan Severn in the semi's of UFC 4. - Grasshopper

4) The name of the submission grappling event that aired on pay-per view. hint John Perretti was involved. - Contenders

These still are unanswered...

1) What UFC Champion's career was ended by the abolishment of head butts?

2) Name the two WCB fighters that had the anti-Mezger/Fairn fight that sent TMA practitioners chopping off their Karatetails left and right?

1). Coleman

2). Paulson and Warring

norm4475

1) John Perretti is correct. Who was his counterpart?

2) Renzo beat James Warring is correct

3) Marcus "the grasshopper" Bosset is correct

4) Contenders is correct

Correct on number 2, I screwed up on number 1 though, I was thinking of Bart Vale, but he was never a UFC champion.

Here's one:

How did the main event in Ultimate Athlete's 2nd event end?

Another:

Bringing up the Tank/Ferrozo fight - what was ironic event happened after the fight?

And another (one of my favs):

Where did the catch-phrase "Watch you mouth call me lame" come from and what piece of limited-edition merchandise was it printed on?

Connect Rumina sato to Dan Severn within 6 degrees.

Bonus points if you can do it within 4 degrees.

"Connect Rumina sato to Dan Severn within 6 degrees.

Bonus points if you can do it within 4 degrees."

Sato fought Tito Ortiz in ADCC, who fought Ken Shamrock in UFC 40, who fought Dan Severn in UFC 6.

That's 3 degrees!

"How did the main event in Ultimate Athlete's 2nd event end?"

A: It ended abruptly due to a brawl involving a bike gang who had attended to watch Rick Slaton fight. Someone was stabbed.

"Bringing up the Tank/Ferrozo fight - what was ironic event happened after the fight?"

Ironic....hmm...Ferrozo pulled out of the final. No, that's not really ironic...I have no idea.

"Where did the catch-phrase "Watch you mouth call me lame" come from and what piece of limited-edition merchandise was it printed on?"

A: Only got a wild guess here. Did Royce say it and did it end up on a t-shirt?

I also have a few of my own if that's cool.

Early on in Jens Pulver's career he competed in a small MMA tournament. During one bough he recalls feeling a great deal of discomfort from something his opponent did, but he would only later realize it was his oppenent attempting a submission on him. What kind of submission was it?

What prompted Ian Freeman to take up grappling and submission training?

Mark Schultz fought Gary Goodridge on one days notice at UFC 9. Who was he a substitute for?

BAh, adcc don't count foo'.

MMA only son.

"BAh, adcc don't count foo'.

MMA only son."

Sorry, nothing in the rule book stating otherwise. I win!

mixed martial arts = A mix of martial arts

adcc = judo+bjj+wrestling = A mix of martial arts