Ferrall over MMA ? I kinda feel the same.

some good stuff on here, and I like Ferrall I have called into his show a few times and I like his style of radio show.

I never heard him bad mouth MMA untill recently, and like i said he was right on some points.

His co host is still a big MMA fan, and Im sure they will still go over MMA stuff. I like Ferrall alot better than Rome who I remeber bad mouthing MMA.

Again I use to order all UFC/Pride fights. Now days I do not get excited about them like I use to. Again when I lived out west Id go to Vegas or Cali to watch an event alot more often and trained. Now days alot of posers and wanna bees kinda tainted the sport to me IMO.

Justinmacd - I remember listening to him before Chuck/Rampage.

He was all over Chucks nuts.

My, how opinions change so quickly.

I also remember listening to him before the Chuck/Rampage fight and also remember hearing him say repeatedly how he thought Rampage was going to beat Chuck's ass again. He also thought Silva was going to beat his ass and that Rashad was going to beat his ass. IIRC, the only time I've ever heard Ferrall pick Chuck to win was against Tito and Jardine.

So maybe the time(s) you heard him on Chuck's nuts, was before Chuck was scheduled to be on his show? Because I've also heard him talk up Chuck before, during and just after an appearance, but give him a few days and he usually picks against him.

Ferrall has a good point.

One of those most frustrating things is that despite there being much more money in the sport, and a greater amount of more experienced fighters, MMA seems considerably less exciting than it did in 2005.

2005 MMA > 2008 MMA, which just shouldn't be.

Calhoon - Ferrall was never a real fan. When he first came to Howard he used to say that M.M.A. sucked.

How real of a fan he is, is pretty clear to the hardcore fans of the sport. He is a casual fan of the sport at best, but Ferrall was one of the first mainstream sports radio guys I ever heard talking up the sport in a positive light.

Way before Jim Rome ( who still shit talks it from time to time ) and his clones are doing now.

After Ferrall got fired by KNBR, I couldn't hear his show anymore until I moved to Arizona in '97 and I remember back then hearing him talk about that even though he didn't know the rules, how much he liked to watch the fights.

So you're saying that he thought MMA sucked before he was on Sirius isn't true from what I remember and before he was on Sirius ( mid-late 90's ) it did look like the sport wasn't going to be around in 10 years.

MMA used to be a lot more exciting when pride was around, but i still love this goddam sport and will continue to support it whole heatedly, its the best sport on the planet showcasing the highest caliber athletes in the world and the excitement level never dies. this is the only "mainstream" sport with no off season, so when those pussy baseball players are sitting around their huge mansions or out vacationing, OUR people are busting their ass ALL fuckin year round to provide us with a great sport to watch. i love this dam sport as much as i did the first day i watched it.

Was just at ufc.com lastnight thinking about how their cards could be so much better.They're the biggest org out there, they should be flexing a little more.