Fertitta's celebrating with Connor - good or bad?

RJJH -
Sepp Drexler - Seems like some of you people just need shit to bitch about...

there are PLENTY of other things i could be bitching about regarding the UFC...

Why don't you just refrain from bitching instead. Enjoy your Sunday, Conor won and that's what the records will show. Phone Post 3.0

It's known that what is praised as a boss is amplified in your employees.

I'm predicting we will see more fighters come forward as well spoken hype generators for themselves as is McGregor now.

This McGregor movement is fantastic for the sport and will continue to draw more main stream attention. Phone Post 3.0

Openly celebrating with a fighter after they win is cause to believe a fight was fixed. They were so overjoyed that the fix was in they couldn't wait to go celebrate it infront of cameras and the media. Probably why they showed how good of rapport that Connor had with the bosses during the countdown show, just so there wouldn't be any doubt this was a fix.

Excellent thread. Phone Post 3.0

Argonaut - It's known that what is praised as a boss is amplified in your employees.

I'm predicting we will see more fighters come forward as well spoken hype generators for themselves as is McGregor now.

This McGregor movement is fantastic for the sport and will continue to draw more main stream attention. Phone Post 3.0

I think some will try, but hyping fights like that is a special skill. The only two I can think of in the history of the UFC are Sonnen and McGregor. Most of the time, it comes off as corny....Shamrock, Tito, Rothwell. It is great for the sport because of the attention it gets, but it's a unique skill to be believeable.

Shady Phone Post 3.0

Anybody have a GIF of this?!?!?! Phone Post 3.0

If this happened in a real sport, it would be news.

By real, I mean UFC is NICHE.

Sorry, it is. NBA, NFL, MLB it ain't.

You show Roger Goodell in the locker room pouring champagne with Tom Brady and you have a bigger story than Deflate-gate.

Period.

But the UFC is so niche that nobody gives two shits and at best, there will be a mention of McGregor and a highlight on mainstream sports programming before they move on and make no mention of it. Phone Post 3.0

They do this w a LOT of their top money guys. So making it a big deal now as if its something new is kinda weak.

UGCTT_EnderTL - Openly celebrating with a fighter after they win is cause to believe a fight was fixed. They were so overjoyed that the fix was in they couldn't wait to go celebrate it infront of cameras and the media. Probably why they showed how good of rapport that Connor had with the bosses during the countdown show, just so there wouldn't be any doubt this was a fix.

I don't think the fight was fixed and didn't start the thread to make it seem like it was. I just thought it looked strange to have the owners toasting a fighter after he won. Favortism and Unprofessional - yes, Fixed fight - NO

If you are the head of the management team, PR team, fight team - then by all means you celebrate however you want. If you are the head of the league, federation, promotion, etc. - you don't show favortism by pouring shots with selected fighters in the locker room when they win. I don't care if you are Michael Jordan, Tom Brady or Derek Jeter. It just doesn't look right.

SkrapPackRulesAll - Anybody have a GIF of this?!?!?! Phone Post 3.0

Someone has to....it wasn't very long.

ximboredofyoux -
RJJH - 

and yet people think the fight wasnt fixed in some way.

The fight wasnt fixed but I do think Herb knew to pull the plug a little quicker for conor.
It was most certainly fixed. I had no rooting interest in any fighter but I told my many people that McGregor was a lock. The UFC couldn't have it any other way. How would anyone take Mc seriously after losing that fight. He makes a complete a$$ out of himself and the sport for months to only lose?

Mendes got paid! The UFC is hurting and they need their Jordan. Mendes stood with his hands by his side from the first minute and let Mc corner him. He looked gassed in the first minute.

Yeah I know, I'll get flamed by all the terds that are 5% Irish from their great grandfather's side. Phone Post 3.0

bemsqua -
UGCTT_EnderTL - Openly celebrating with a fighter after they win is cause to believe a fight was fixed. They were so overjoyed that the fix was in they couldn't wait to go celebrate it infront of cameras and the media. Probably why they showed how good of rapport that Connor had with the bosses during the countdown show, just so there wouldn't be any doubt this was a fix.

I don't think the fight was fixed and didn't start the thread to make it seem like it was. I just thought it looked strange to have the owners toasting a fighter after he won. Favortism and Unprofessional - yes, Fixed fight - NO

If you are the head of the management team, PR team, fight team - then by all means you celebrate however you want. If you are the head of the league, federation, promotion, etc. - you don't show favortism by pouring shots with selected fighters in the locker room when they win. I don't care if you are Michael Jordan, Tom Brady or Derek Jeter. It just doesn't look right.
It's not something you do if you don't want the conspiracy nuts all over you. Fertitas don't give a fuck what the dummies think. They are under a huge internal investigation and are probably more concerned about that, but obviously didn't think that this would negatively effect them in that case.

Wouldn't they be a bit concerned about doing this publicly if something was fishy? They couldn't wait and do this later? They made a fanfare of it... it was for PR. Maybe they don't care because there is nothing to hide. Phone Post 3.0

Yes it would look strange if Brady was poppin bottles with the NFL commossioner, but he regularly celebrated with the team owner. That's what is going on here. Conner wasn't celebrating with the commissioner, it was with the owners. Phone Post 3.0

The ufc. its a lol-worthy double standard, thats for sure.

no, we dont want you coming out dressed up in your traditional/cultural/meaningful dress.

no we don't allow you to walk out with whomever you want.

no we don't allow live music on the intro.

oh wait, connor? sure. whatever you want man. and a cherry on top? maybe a reach around?

LOL.

I just can't take those idiots seriously anymore. This card and the utterly epic, unflagging, unrelenting gasbagging drivel that precipitated it has broken me like a lawler left hand to rory's beak. No more shall I watch any hype, interview, press conference, or anything of the sort that involves the morons running this 'show' or their shiny new toy from ireland. Such fucking disrespect to have the co-main and main in that order.

Ya'll mistaking inane, senseless high-school physco-babble for some sort of wisdom. He might as well be dancing in circles around a pot of gold going 'weeeee look at me fookin rainbow right dere laddy yea?!' and all of the dipshits into it will quote that shit like caligula

Herb dean was in the back

It just makes it all the more strange. I don't trust UFC when it comes to stuff like this at all. I just take it for what it is. A spectacle with real sport mixed in. Strange corporation indeed. Phone Post 3.0

conor generates hype and therefore ppv numbers very well

this of course = $$$$$$$$$$$ for zuffa

and a reason to celebrate

ximboredofyoux - thats tacky and not a good look, imo

I completely agree. I like Conor and I am glad he won, but the whole bosses celebrating thing is just not cool.

It would be different if they always did that with the champion regardless of who it was.

I don't believe it was a fix but it is a bit cringe worthy that they celebrate his success so openly. We all know Mendes wouldn't have gotten the same treatment. Bush league stuff for sure.

£$€$€£$€£$€$€£$€£$€$€£$€£$€$€£$€£ Phone Post 3.0